Yaya Toure

All I could think about during the semi-finals was how much I'd love to have Yaya on our team. He shut down Drogba and Anelka whenever they got free. Just an absolutely dominating defender. I know we're already stacked defensively but I can't help it. He looks to be having contract issues with Barca.

Yaya Toure's future at Barcelona is under increasing doubt, after he rejected the club's latest contract offer.

According to El Mundo Deportivo, negotiations between Barca sporting director Txiki Begiristain and Toure's agent, Dimitre Seluk, have reached a standstill.

Toure currently earns the least among Barca's first team and while the club have offered an improved contract, it has not proved sufficient to reach an agreement.

Yaya Toure's profile has shot up since his move to Barcelona, especially after the vital role he played in their treble winning season. However, while Barca want to reward him for his performances and professionalism, they are not willing to place him among the top earners at the club.

As a result, the interest of Europe's top clubs has heightened in recent weeks.

Arsenal remain desperate to re-unite him with brother Kolo, while Liverpool could seek to include him in any deal for Javier Mascherano, in whom Barca have shown an interest. There are also said to be a number of Italian clubs in the mix.

Toure, however, would not come cheap.

He has a minimum release fee of €90million and his contract does not expire until 2011, giving Barca a clear advantage on the negotiating table.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaya Toure isn't a defender, he is a defensive midfielder lol..

And he sucked balls as a centre back against us.

Uh a defenser midfielder counts as a defender in my book. What do you think the primary role of Obi Mikel or Makelele was in that holding position? To defend and feed balls to the midfield from the back.

I never said he was a natural center back or right back.... In the first match he played a kind of sweeper role, in the second game he was a center back.

He's naturally a center midfielder which just shows how talented he is. How you come to say he sucked balls as a centre back against us boggles my mind... did you watch the match? We should have been up 3-0 in the 2nd leg and the only reason we weren't was because everytime Drogba and Anelka would get behind the back four Toure would run in and power them off the ball. He's got pace, toughness, and incredible strength. Nothing about the dude is poor.

Please justify this bullshit claim that he 'sucked balls as a centre back against us' because I don't see how anyone who watch either of the matches can say something like that. Absolutely ridiculous.

---------------

Anyways during that match I was just thinking about how insanely dominant our defense could be with him in the holding role, Mikel and Essien in midfield, Alex and Terry at center back, with Jose and Ashley on the wings, and Malouda and Lampard tracking back. Not to mention his height on set pieces and his powerful long range shots.

He'd be a good signing, I'll admit that. I'd rather have him than Obi-Mikel, but there's no chance a deal will happen.

Why would he move from a team that has just won everything they can win to a team that lost to Barca in the semi's of the Champions League? He wouldn't.

• 11 months later...

Chelsea are reported to have bid £17million for Barcelona’s Yaya Toure.

Toure looks set to leave the Nou Camp with Pep Guardiola favouring Sergi Busquets and Seydou Keita but despite interest from Arsenal and Man City, we’re alleged to have stepped in with the first offer.

Now, Barcelona don’t absolutely have to sell the 27 year old, so they won’t be in any particular rush to accept first offer on the table and you’d have to suspect that knowing City are interested – even if the player himself doesn’t fancy them – Barcelona will use that interest to negotiate the best possible price if Toure insists on leaving. So, it comes as no great surprise to hear that our alleged offer has been turned down.

------------------------------------------

Source:- The Chelsea Blog

------------------------------------------

He's young enough to replace Deco and Ballack if they both leave. Otherwise.... don't need him tbh!

i know we have essien as a DM but would be great to see yaya playing there and essien playing next to lamps as a CM but if it was up to me i will rather get a creative midfielder to play next to lamps and let essien be the DM...

a young version of deco will do wonders with this team ....... but i dont know who is that guy

Cant believe the negative comments Im seeing here. I would put Yaya Toure in my top 5 best holding midfielders list any day. I feel our midfield really does lack pace and drive and thats what Yaya Toure brings, the guy is strong, fast, good on the ball and versatile (played centre back in a Champions League final), I want to see a new striker and a new central midfielder arrive at the club in the Summer and Toure ticks all the boxes of what I think Chelsea need in a player. At 27 he is at a good age, not young enough to be considered inexperienced and not old enough to be considered past it. No offence to Obi Mikel because he is an ever improving player but a midfield of Toure, Essien and Lampard is formidable.

i rate yaya very highly i think he is second to essien as a DM and will help us release essien into a CM .....would love to see toure essien and lamps as our midfield that will be one hell of a powerful midfield ....

but i would rather have essien lamps and a young version of deco someone who can add creativity in midfield....

so imo we have two options both will be very good :

1- get a CM who is creative and is more offensive because let's face it our wingers are not very good and are too functional even malouda you cant say he is creative enough ..... that is why we sometimes lack creativity

2-get yaya toura and get some quality wingers as well and we will be the invincibles again ...

for me i prefer the second option only if we will get the needed wingers but if not then we have to go with the first one .......

Edited by kakuta44

I fail to see how Yaya Toure will be a decent signing for us actually..

1) as milan.cech already mentioned he's another African player, so he'd be unavailable during the Christmas and January period, which would be a vital part of the season.

2) unless we are making drastic plans to sell John Obi Mikel (which I have serious doubts over) then I honestly think £17 million is a waste of money tbh.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You