Luka Modric

DavidEU

I've heard that Carroll could go on loan to West Hamm. So do you think that Lukaku could stay with us?

Lukaku is better of staying here if we don't sign a new striker. Then he will actually get a chance if we get any injuries that will need Studge to play as a winger or striker. Anyway we should probably discuss this in the Lukaku thread to prevent annoyance to other uses who think were on about Modric lol!

I thought Modric turned down PSG earlier saying he defo didn't want to play for them :S

Things changes.

If reports are true that PSG got an offer accepted for Zlatan and Thiago....I think he will change his mind cause with that the team will be good enough to challenge in the CL.

Not to mention that more money PSG will give to Levy which he will like a lot, and Paris being an iconic city is beautiful place to live....he might reconsider.

Me personally, am tired of Barcelona and Madrid. If another teams pips them to a player so they will become stronger and not these two, fine by me!

So Chelsea is out of the "race"?

I was cheering that he moves to Chelsea.

Yes. His price, Levy and clubs from other leagues gave us no choice to sign him. I am actualy happy we wont get him, but Oscar instead. Half cheaper and could be our very own star-in-making.

They won't, man. As long as other French teams don't get dramatically better, I deeply believe they do not have any chance. In group stages, of course they'll crush every one, but once the level will go up, they won't be able to challenge with english and spanish teams.

Why ? It is simple. It will happen the same thing whom happened to Lyon, years after years, when they were walking over the Ligue 1 - let's say circa 2005-2007 (when Barça had the blue away jersey, and when Roberto Carlos was still at Madrid, for example). At the begining of the season, they were on par with the best european teams. The were drawing with Barça, they were humiliating Madrid 3-0 (two years in a row, if my memory serves me well). All that was during group stages. But once in February, when the knock-out stages were beginning, they were struggling against smaller teams (AS Roma, PSV Eindhoven).

Into my eyes, the reason is the following : at the start of the season, every top clubs have more or less the same preparation, regardless of which championship they come from. But as the season goes one, top clubs gains experience (I am not sure whether it's the best word to use) depending of which opposition they fight against, week in week out. I.e., top clubs in small championships gain less experience, because, despite having a good team and good players, they encounter a weak opposition. Therefore, they don't have to step up their level in order to win. While spanish and english teams have to. As a consequence, clubs coming from big leagues are more well trained than those coming from second-rate leagues. And then a gap forms himself.

This is why I can't see Paris winning the UCL as long as the LIgue doesn't improve. Of course, they can, if someone good enough is there to motivate them to give extra efforts to compensate the weak level of their league. But this is harder. Don't know if you see what I mean...

Good feedback.

But does not your arguments gets thrown away when we constantly see small teams from small league make it far with less budget?

Just recently a french team made it far in the CL.

So imagine a great team manage by someone like Carlo? Could be a potential contender if you ask me.

Good feedback.

But does not your arguments gets thrown away when we constantly see small teams from small league make it far with less budget?

Just recently a french team made it far in the CL.

So imagine a great team manage by someone like Carlo? Could be a potential contender if you ask me.

Nope !

I realise that I forgot to talk about this point last night. I want to stress that my theory only applies to big clubs playing in small championships. When you're head and shoulders better than the opposition, you instinctively "sit back and relax", because you don't need do give it your all to beat them and, therefore, you only do the bare minimum in order to do so. It happens in every sports and every disciplines - bar few particularities (down to some person's will to crush everything).

But in the other hand, it doesn't work the same way for the case you stated, i.e. when it's about a small team from a small league. It's two different things. Indeed, this small team needs to fight hard, more or less, each and every games to reach its aim. Hence, its players are used to fight on the pitch, to struggle and to give their heart out to win. From this, they gain sharpness and fighting mentality, and the ability to take blows as well. Thus, when they have to affront the european elites, they are somehow well prepared for the encounter since it will be the same o' same o' thing for them : an hard time.

Yes. His price, Levy and clubs from other leagues gave us no choice to sign him. I am actualy happy we wont get him, but Oscar instead. Half cheaper and could be our very own star-in-making.

Well now that Chelsea won CL I don't think money is the issue. I don't believe they even spent half of that earned in CL.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (I probably am)

Well now that Chelsea won CL I don't think money is the issue. I don't believe they even spent half of that earned in CL.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (I probably am)

Money never is an issue, but why buy a player for a ridiculous amount of money. It's bad business.

Also buying players for an inflated price effects future transfers. If we offer a club x amount of money for their player, they'll think 'oh Chelsea paid a lot for this player, let's try get more out of them, they'll pay it'. Makes us seem like push overs.

It's a false theory tbh, basically you can see more on a tele with all the multi-angle cameras and replays.

Wrong, you might capture highlights but you don't get a better feeling for the game. When your watching on TV you miss so much...

Wrong, you might capture highlights but you don't get a better feeling for the game. When your watching on TV you miss so much...

Of course I know you get a better feeling at the game.... Please just read the conversation between us and that stupid dude first ok?

Plus it's not worth to argue on this so let's put an end to it shall we? please don't quote and reply. cheers.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You