Luka Modric

DavidEU

Why would Madrid sell Modric for 25m after paying 33m this season?

Because their board is stupid like ours :D And we could include someone like Essien in the deal. That, plus the fact that hardly any other clubs will come along with that sort of money for him and he's considered a flop so far in Madrid - so they may want to get rid of him since he won't be starting ahead of Alonso/Ozil like originally considered.

Why would Madrid sell Modric for 25m after paying 33m this season?

hes not the right fit for that team and you so not spend 33m on a player to sit on the bench..unless you are city madrid chelsea and psg... where as here he as some have put it would walk right into the pivot and would be a pretty damn good replacement for the lengend super frank

Because their board is stupid like ours :D And we could include someone like Essien in the deal. That, plus the fact that hardly any other clubs will come along with that sort of money for him and he's considered a flop so far in Madrid - so they may want to get rid of him since he won't be starting ahead of Alonso/Ozil like originally considered.

beat me to my exact point lol

hes not the right fit for that team and you so not spend 33m on a player to sit on the bench..unless you are city madrid chelsea and psg... where as here he as some have put it would walk right into the pivot and would be a pretty damn good replacement for the lengend super frank

Kaka breaks all your line of thought...

in a sense yes but look at some of the great teams to win champions league milan in particular with players like kaka and pirlo who do not defend but are/were pure class going forward... you can get away with one or two players who are focused on attack first but they too still have a part to play in team defending

I'm not asking for Mata to be Desailly. But he rarely even attempts to show any effort defensively. He is the ultimate luxury player in that you just hope he does something going forward otherwise he is completely irreleveant to the game.

I look at somebody like Oscar whowill contribute offenesively but will also contribute defensively, mark opponents and make himself involved. We need more players like that in the squad.

i put that in my post though... that only teams like madrid us city and psg can afford to do that.. kaka was eclipsed by the purchases of ozil and ronaldo ozil is a faster player than kaka and has shown to have just as high a footie IQ... and well what else can you say about ronaldo other than he makes stuff happen

Kaka is iconic though and still offers decent qualities in league games - he's really picked it up this season (well, lately anyway; not the full season.) He'll always sell kits with his name on the back. I can't say the same for Modric! It's kind of like Torres with us. He cost a lot (like Kaka), sells loads of kits with his name (like Kaka), and can occasionally offer something (like Kaka). He also cost way more than he's worth (like Kaka) so the Real Madrid board don't want to look like idiots by off-loading him (like our board) :D Even with those points taken into consideration, neither are top footballers anymore - yet they're kept around for those exact reasons (i believe).

i put that in my post though... that only teams like madrid us city and psg can afford to do that.. kaka was eclipsed by the purchases of ozil and ronaldo ozil is a faster player than kaka and has shown to have just as high a footie IQ... and well what else can you say about ronaldo other than he makes stuff happen

What? So you are saying Madrid can afford to keep Kaka on 10mi/year, but they will decide to make money on Modric? LOOOOOOOOOOL

Kaka will leave and Modric will stay. Not counting that Alonso might be leaving...

I'm not asking for Mata to be Desailly. But he rarely even attempts to show any effort defensively. He is the ultimate luxury player in that you just hope he does something going forward otherwise he is completely irreleveant to the game.

I look at somebody like Oscar whowill contribute offenesively but will also contribute defensively, mark opponents and make himself involved. We need more players like that in the squad.

im not disagreeing with you i completely agree but again some of the great teams do have one or two "luxury" players in order to be successful.. oscar imo was a great buy because we really were only looking at his attacking prowess but he does work really hard defensively too.. which i think luka does as well pretty efficiently

Kaka is iconic though and still offers decent qualities in league games - he's really picked it up this season (well, lately anyway; not the full season.) He'll always sell kits with his name on the back. I can't say the same for Modric! It's kind of like Torres with us. He cost a lot (like Kaka), sells loads of kits with his name (like Kaka), and can occasionally offer something (like Kaka). He also cost way more than he's worth (like Kaka) so the Real Madrid board don't want to look like idiots by off-loading him (like our board) :D Even with those points taken into consideration, neither are top footballers anymore - yet they're kept around for those exact reasons (i believe).

Well, they tried to offload him for two consecutive seasons, the problem is that nobody wanted to pay the 25mi+ price tag on him. I bet you he will leave and Modric will stay!

Real has to find a replacement for Alonso, but at the same time they need a player to cover for Ozil. No wonder Mourinho made very clear he wanted Modric more than everything else this season. He also said Kaka needed to go, but who will want a downgrade of 80%? (Just watch Torres saga this summer). Modric is really one of a kind, not because he is above everyone else, but (just like Rooney) because he has a style of play nobody at this level really has. He can mark well and still has all the characteristics of a CM/CAM. There is no way they will sell him on a loss, absolutely not. They can very well keep him to piss us off.

A total dream for 25m, but if we offer than 40m, things change...

What? So you are saying Madrid can afford to keep Kaka on 10mi/year, but they will decide to make money on Modric? LOOOOOOOOOOL

Kaka will leave and Modric will stay. Not counting that Alonso might be leaving...

Kaka will leave because hes a footballer and wants to play football thats why the deal to milan was set to happen but madrid wanted to cash in on him cause they realize hes surplus...cause with the looming 'FFP" ( hate bringing it up) no team can really afford to have players on wages like that to be sitting on the bench especially if you want to comply

and what im saying is if we can get modric that would be great.. who is to say that if mourinho leaves madrid the next boss doesn't love luka and play him constantly.. we are going on the assumption that mou is still in charge and luka is nothing more than a really good/expensive fringe player

It's why somebody like Mata is such a liability.

i think the defensive-duties problem here is worsened by our wingers failing to track back. now when you add Mata to it, we have 3 players who focus on attacking apart from the striker. if the pivot were world class, we'd probably get away with it but its hardly world class is it? its weird when in essence he's our best player - Mata

Well, they tried to offload him for two consecutive seasons, the problem is that nobody wanted to pay the 25mi+ price tag on him. I bet you he will leave and Modric will stay!

No, that isn't the problem. The problem is (and we have the same one with Malouda, Essien, Torres, Ferreria etc is) he earns a lot of money and nobody else will pay him what he earns now. Madrid would give him away for free if it meant getting him off the wage bill but nobody wants to pay 200k+ p/w etc for Kaka like nobody wants to pay 185k p/w for Torres. We couldn't even find somebody to pay Malouda's 80k for one year so how can Madrid find somebody to pay Kaka 200k+ for another 2 years or whatever?

Chelsea would give away Essien, Malouda, Torres for FREE if they could find other clubs willing to pay their wages but nobody is stupid enough to pay finished players lots of money.

i think the defensive-duties problem here is worsened by our wingers failing to track back. now when you add Mata to it, we have 3 players who focus on attacking apart from the striker. if the pivot were world class, we'd probably get away with it but its hardly world class is it? its weird when in essence he's our best player - Mata

Perfect example was the embarrassing Club World Cup final wbecause we barely had anybody defending. Lampard playing like a striker, Mata and Hazard etc. It was a nightmare.

Kaka will leave because hes a footballer and wants to play football thats why the deal to milan was set to happen but madrid wanted to cash in on him cause they realize hes surplus...cause with the looming 'FFP" ( hate bringing it up) no team can really afford to have players on wages like that to be sitting on the bench especially if you want to comply

and what im saying is if we can get modric that would be great.. who is to say that if mourinho leaves madrid the next boss doesn't love luka and play him constantly.. we are going on the assumption that mou is still in charge and luka is nothing more than a really good/expensive fringe player

You are contradicting yourself!

Kaka (a much more expensive player) wasnt sold because Milan didnt reach their pricetag. But, Modric (a much less expensive and much more useful player) will be sold by 25mi?

The whole discussion is about Real wanting to sell for less than the 33m they paid. Since the begining I aproved Leif's desire to buy both Song and Modric.

The point is that, with Real probably getting rid of Kaka, there is absolutely no way they will sell Modric only to recover some money!

No, that isn't the problem. The problem is (and we have the same one with Malouda, Essien, Torres, Ferreria etc is) he earns a lot of money and nobody else will pay him what he earns now. Madrid would give him away for free if it meant getting him off the wage bill but nobody wants to pay 200k+ p/w etc for Kaka like nobody wants to pay 185k p/w for Torres. We couldn't even find somebody to pay Malouda's 80k for one year so how can Madrid find somebody to pay Kaka 200k+ for another 2 years or whatever?

Chelsea would give away Essien, Malouda, Torres for FREE if they could find other clubs willing to pay their wages but nobody is stupid enough to pay finished players lots of money.

The problem was not wages, Kaka was willing to take a huge paycut. The problem was that Milan didnt reach the asking price for Kaka (as it didnt with Tevez). It has fuck all to do with what you said...

EDIT: This is not Kaka's thread though, the discussion is whether Modric will be sold for less than 33mi or not.

You are contradicting yourself!

Kaka (a much more expensive player) wasnt sold because Milan didnt reach their pricetag. But, Modric (a much less expensive and much more useful player) will be sold by 25mi?

The whole discussion is about Real wanting to sell for less than the 33m they paid. Since the begining I aproved Leif's desire to buy both Song and Modric.

The point is that, with Real probably getting rid of Kaka, there is absolutely no way they will sell Modric only to recover some money!

taking this as Modric's first season some may call it a flop and if we are saying yes it is a flop real would not get the 33m asking price they paid 25m-30m is reasonable to take with someone they say is a flop.. a player like Modric who you said is on another level in terms of what he brings to the table wants to play week in and week out as well as win trophies which is possible at Madrid the trophies part but currently is not playing majority of the games he requires at least 60games a year something we can offer him in our pivot..

again this is all taking into account his current standing in the side.. not factoring in the departure of Alonso or the need to rest Ozil solely on Modric and his current status within Madrid

taking this as Modric's first season some may call it a flop and if we are saying yes it is a flop real would not get the 33m asking price they paid 25m-30m is reasonable to take with someone they say is a flop.. a player like Modric who you said is on another level in terms of what he brings to the table wants to play week in and week out as well as win trophies which is possible at Madrid the trophies part but currently is not playing majority of the games he requires at least 60games a year something we can offer him in our pivot..

again this is all taking into account his current standing in the side.. not factoring in the departure of Alonso or the need to rest Ozil solely on Modric and his current status within Madrid

Clubs like Real and Barcelona need big time players who can change the game. There is no way Real is thinking of selling Modric, let alone for less...

Modric, even doing much less than expected, is a hell of an important players. He can cover for Ozil and Alonso, and can still change a difficult game like he did yesterday. I wasnt here in the forum, but I got very angry that we didnt buy him. However, I can barely see Real Madrid selling him even for a bigger price. There is absolutely no way they will take a hit for 10m on him...

Is Barça thinking of selling Fabregas? NO!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You