Luka Modric

DavidEU

And for Real he wasnt good enough in this position (I think that, and most Real fans). So, Spurs or Real Madrid? i want to be in the level of Real if im honest.

Modric isnt aggressive enough, not talking only about his physics but mainly about his approach off the ball. He is not like Moutinho who offer non stop pressure and firmness. He's just a bit soft.

For that reason i think his best role is in a 4-3-3 formation. But even then, i dont think he's a player for the very top top teams (but thats just my feeling).

It's very harsh to say he hasn't been good enough for Madrid. He's gone to a new club who are struggling, and I don't think you can blame him for that.

The simple fact is that he has shown he's capable of playing at the highest level in the Premier League. Moutinho has spent his entire career in Portugal. if you were being fair and applied the same standards to him as you have to Modric, I can't see how you would suggest he is a better fit for us.

It's very harsh to say he hasn't been good enough for Madrid. He's gone to a new club who are struggling, and I don't think you can blame him for that.

The simple fact is that he has shown he's capable of playing at the highest level in the Premier League. Moutinho has spent his entire career in Portugal. if you were being fair and applied the same standards to him as you have to Modric, I can't see how you would suggest he is a better fit for us.

They are different players, and im saying exactly how they are different. I can suggest Moutinho is a better fit for us because i saw him alot, like i saw Modric. Moutinho plays for Porto, a team who met strong teams along the years in Europe and in Portugal, and plays for Portugal (National), and he faced very strong teams there as well. So your argument is weak. Modric havent played much in the CL and havent gone far for his Country. Premier League in the last few years is not always the highest level, especially not in the midfield game. Modric played against midfields who arent better than Moutinho played against, you can be sure about that.

And for Real he wasnt good enough in this position (I think that, and most Real fans). So, Spurs or Real Madrid? i want to be in the level of Real if im honest.

Modric isnt aggressive enough, not talking only about his physics but mainly about his approach off the ball. He is not like Moutinho who offer non stop pressure and firmness. He's just a bit soft.

For that reason i think his best role is in a 4-3-3 formation. But even then, i dont think he's a player for the very top top teams (but thats just my feeling).

Most time he was playing in Ozil position (cam) not in pivot. Later he got chance there, but he was playing very unregulary. Thats all. He wasnt realy tested at Real.

They are different players, and im saying exactly how they are different. I can suggest Moutinho is a better fit for us because i saw him alot, like i saw Modric. Moutinho plays for Porto, a team who met strong teams along the years in Europe and in Portugal, and plays for Portugal, and he faced very strong teams there as well. So your argument is weak. Modric havent played much in the CL and havent gone far for with his Country. Premier League in the last few years is not always the highest level, esially not in the midfield game. Modric played against midfields who arent better than Moutinho against, you can be sure about that.

Actualy he was brilliant vs Spain. Not many players played so well vs Spain in recent years.

And perhaps he just doesnt suit Laliga. All I know he was probably best cm in Premier league not so long ago...

All I know he was probably best cm in Premier league not so long ago...

How hard it was?

United didnt have any brilliant central midfelders in the last two years, neither do Chelsea and Arsenal post Cesc, so it leaves Yaya Toure and Modric.

And still, Spurs midfield with Parker-Modric wasnt that good, it was broken down easily when Parker doing crazy job at the back. Says somthing about Modric's workrate.

Yeah agree with that, you can't blame Modric just because the whole team have struggled, I'm sure Modric would fit into any top team in the Premier League and regain his best form. Remember the Spanish League is totally different from the Premier League.. it all depends on where he's placed in the midfield and what his duties are!

I suppose we could use him as a deep lying playmaker, who can sit behind Mata/Oscar and play the ball through the middle or out wide, which is what he can do well.. he can probably do a better job than Ramires at the moment because Ramires currently is having a bad run of games a la the Southampton game yesterday!

The differences between Ramires and Modric, is that Ramires is quicker, yet Modric has much better ball control, and can pick out a good pass to the strikers! With Ramires, I feel sometimes, he uses his speed to poor use when he makes a run and just quickly gets into trouble!

Yeah agree with that, you can't blame Modric just because the whole team have struggled, I'm sure Modric would fit into any top team in the Premier League and regain his best form. Remember the Spanish League is totally different from the Premier League.. it all depends on where he's placed in the midfield and what his duties are!

I suppose we could use him as a deep lying playmaker, who can sit behind Mata/Oscar and play the ball through the middle or out wide, which is what he can do well.. he can probably do a better job than Ramires at the moment because Ramires currently is having a bad run of games a la the Southampton game yesterday!

The differences between Ramires and Modric, is that Ramires is quicker, yet Modric has much better ball control, and can pick out a good pass to the strikers! With Ramires, I feel sometimes, he uses his speed to poor use when he makes a run and just quickly gets into trouble!

Disagree. Ramires can handle physical contact, while Modric cannot. Modric is very lightweight and avoids contact at all times by moving a lot, even when playing deep.

That's why I think he's not that different from Oscar (if moved deep). Chelsea need a player like Lampard, who has both technique and strength, preferably tall as well. Perhaps some Belgium who's used to wearing blue?!

Disagree. Ramires can handle physical contact, while Modric cannot. Modric is very lightweight and avoids contact at all times by moving a lot, even when playing deep.

That's why I think he's not that different from Oscar (if moved deep). Chelsea need a player like Lampard, who has both technique and strength, preferably tall as well. Perhaps some Belgium who's used to wearing blue?!

Chelsea need sombody like Lampard? We already have Lampard and he is far from a natural deep lying playmaker. He has an instinct to score goals which means leaving his post and going forward leaving a great big hole in front of our back four. What we need is a player who is tenacious andd hungry to tackle and intercept. Somebody who simply loves to sit in front of the back four, screening them from attacks. Somebody who not only is natural ball winner but also a great contributor of the ball. Yes Lampard has top notch vision and class delivery but he is not a deep lying playmaker by any means.

At the moment we have Rami who can't pass to save his life, Mikel who has the ability but just wonders around playing his consistantly average game and Lampard who is playing out his last days at Chelsea anyways. You could mention Luiz but I don't think even he knows what position he is meant to be playing these days, he kind of plays Monkey rush CB.

I think that either Modric or Benat would never work well together with Mikel. He is just to slow and doesnt cover enough. Modric/Benat needs someone lilke Capoue who is fast and can cover whole midfield...

Bullshit. Mikel is a class DM, he does everything you'd want, now hes gets a chance to play verticle passes because there is much more movement in the midfield unlike before. Capoue isn't even as good as Mikel.

Bullshit. Mikel is a class DM, he does everything you'd want, now hes gets a chance to play verticle passes because there is much more movement in the midfield unlike before. Capoue isn't even as good as Mikel.

Mikel is fantastic DM and yes better than Capoue for now, but he doesnt have the pace and he doesnt work like hell in midfield. He should run more than any other player in our team. But he is actualy one that runs least and if he loses ball, he just doesnt run after that player to steal it back but just leaves him to run away.

Only negative thing I could tell about Mikel is that he is not much of a goal threat so rarely you see anyone trying to close him down as soon as possible when he goes for a shot, meaning less room for others, but it's part of his game he can improve and has done so plus his main objective is to keep us safe in the back. He is also tall so a potential goal threat for corners if he is in the box.

On topic: would love Modric here, would suit us i think.

You realy think that the problem is with our AM's? what do you expect from Hazard? to come back and get the ball from MIkel? he's a winger.

Its a fact that we dont have a CM/DM who can pick passes as good as other top teams have (teams who plays simillar type of football), a Playmaker, and Mikel realy isnt close to be good enough in that. its not only about passing range, its about timing, its about his speed of thought in picking passes, its funny to even think its good enough to "Lead" our central midfield. But the biggest problem for me is with the midfielder besides Mikel, the ball should be played through this player, and we dont have one who can do that.

No one's saying Mikel should be that player though? It's why Modric would exactly fit in nicely next to Mikel.

We haven't got a playmaker in the pivot, everyone knows this. Nobody's saying Mikel's meant to be that person either. We need someone next to Mikel to provide those passes from deep, and someone like Modric would fit very nicely.

A Modric - Mikel midfield would be awesome IMO.

LOL, i thought there is something going on with Modric but most posts are about Mikel. Please discuss Mikel on his thread. Thank you.

What I love about Modric aside from his passing and eye for the game is his control and he is not easy to tackle and hard to take the ball from him. Hoping we could sign him for the Deep-lying playmaker role.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You