Pato signs for Corinthians

the wes

its not going to happen ffs

Milan striker Alexandre Pato insists he is happy to stay at the club amid interest from English outfit Chelsea.

Last week, the 19-year-old Brazil international said he intended to speak to Carlo Ancelotti, the new Chelsea boss, before committing his future to Milan.

He was said to be very disappointed with the Rossoneri in the aftermath of Ancelotti's departure and Kaka's sale to Real Madrid.

"I am happy to stay with Milan," Pato said. "I don't worry about what you say. I have a contract with Milan, which I want to respect.

"I want to win everything with Milan."

Pato is currently on international duty with Brazil at the Confederations Cup and was on the bench today as the Seleção beat Egypt 4-3.

He enjoyed an excellent campaign with Milan this season, scoring 15 goals in 27 starting appearances in Serie A.

Edited by the wes

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could be just quietening the speculation surrounding him so he can concentrate on his football until the Confederations Cup is done with. But like you said, it's more than likely that we won't be getting him.

You quite obsessed with the young players, reminds me of one Arsene Wenger. I understand the need to bring in youth, but at the same time we need to not get carried away with. It doesnt help having half a squad 30 plus and half a squad under 21 we need balance, there is nothing wrong with paying good money for proven quality that is 25 to 27 years old

fair doos.

I guess we can pretty much close and forget this one! we need to focus on just one player who IS allowed to leave their club....Not really too dependant on wether they want to play for Chelsea or not, because 1. most players would anyway. 2. pretty much every player which has come to Stamford Bridge has stuck around because they love it!

AC Milan's Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato has reitered his hint that he would like to link up with Carlo Ancelotti again at Chelsea.

The 19-year-old was Milan's second-top scorer last season and has been linked with a £45m move to Chelsea since Ancelotti moved to Stamford Bridge.

alexandre_pato.jpg

ALEXANDRE PATO He has already dropped hints about his future, but in an interview at the Confederations Cup, he repeated them.

"Carlo Ancelotti is a coach and a person who is very important to me," he said.

"He wanted to bring me to Milan and it was he who made me grow as a player.

"I feel I owe him a lot. It was him who wanted Milan to sign me, and he who has developed me as a player.

"But I have a contract with Milan and it is up to Milan to decide my future."

AC have already stated that he is not for sale. I understand that he is quite close with Ancelotti but if we where to look into buying him i cant see him being worth the 40 million that i have heard they want for him.

Pato - I would be seriously interested if Chelsea called me.

setanta

Alexandre Pato has once again opened the door for Chelsea, admitting he would be ‘seriously interested’ in reuniting with Carlo Ancelotti.

Pato is one of a number of Milan players to have been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge following Ancelotti’s appointment but had previously claimed to be content with life at San Siro.

He now seems to have changed tact once again, raising the possibility of Roman Abramovic opening up his cheque book to bring the Brazilian to West London.

“Ancelotti is very important to me,” said the youngster. “He was the one who wanted me in Milan and gave me the chance to grow up as a player.

“I have a contract with Milan but I would be seriously interested if Chelsea called me.”

Milan have already been forced to part company with Kaka this summer, leaving vice president Adriano Galliani to exclaim Pato as ‘the club’s future’.

I sort of agree with you Alex, but the Ronaldo deal seems to have inflated prices again. For the time we could potentially get out of this fella, it doesn't seem like that bad a deal.

Chelsea are ready to offload Didier Drogba to AC Milan as part of a deal to lure Alexandre Pato to Stamford Bridge.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; } That is the surprising new twist as the Blues boss, former San Siro coach Carlo Ancel-otti, bids to remodel the team.

Ancelotti and owner Roman Abramovich have been keen to land the 19-year-old Brazilian whizzkid throughout the summer.

But Milan have been reluctant to sell the £45m-rated youngster after a season in which he scored 15 Serie A goals.

Inter Milan and Jose Mourinho are also interested in taking Drogba in a £25m cash deal.

Inter striker Zlatan Ibra-himovic is on Real Madrid’s wanted list and former Chelsea boss Mourinho wants Drogba as a replacement. Even if Ibrahimovic stays, Inter are still interested in the controversial hitman.

But AC Milan would have first choice.

The prospect of landing Drogba, who had an impressive season with Chelsea under Guus Hiddink, may persuade the Italian giants to let Pato leave, especially if Chelsea stump up around £30m as well as the Ivory Coast skipper.

Meanwhile Andriy Shevchenko says he wants to resurrect his career at Chelsea under new boss Ancelotti. The Ukraine striker still has a year to run on his deal at Stamford Bridge following his £32m move from Milan in 2006.

The 32-year-old spent last season on loan back at Milan playing under Ancelotti.

But Shevchenko has not ruled out a permanent switch to Roma if he has no future in London.

He said: “I have spoken to the (Chelsea) coach, who has given me an appointment for pre-season training. I have one year left on my contract with Chelsea and I intend to honour it in the best way.”