Pato signs for Corinthians

the wes

Brazil wonderkid Alexandre Pato has dismissed Chelsea's interest and insists he has no intention of quitting AC Milan.

New Chelsea coach Carlo Ancelotti, who signed Pato for the Italian giants back in 2007, is keen to bring the Brazil international with him to Stamford Bridge.

And Sportsmail understands the Barclays Premier League club will push on with a £45million bid for the 19-year-old, who is tipped to follow compatriot Kaka out of the San Siro after Milan admitted approaches for both.

'I have read the reports linking me with Chelsea,' he said, 'but my agent and the club deal with this type of thing. I want to win everything with Milan.

'I just hope that everybody will be happy in the end: Kaka, Milan and Real. Or, perhaps, even Chelsea, who are also interested in Ricky (Kaka). I'm sure that Kaka will make the right choice for him and for Milan.'

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical player response to a transfer roumer. That by no means says that he would not come and play for us. I wonder what sort of relationship he has with Ancelotti....

Not very good. Apparently it took forever for carlo to realise he was a great youngster.

Not very good. Apparently it took forever for carlo to realise he was a great youngster.

Really? 30 starts this season plus 12 sub appearances, means he played in more games this season than any other player, and their top goalscorer too!! And the season before he could only start playing in January and made 20 starts with 9 goals.

Those stats make it look like Ancelotti thought he was pretty special from day 1! particulary for a 18/19 year old.

he played pato in the starting line up the minute they signed him, he did the same with kaka.. and the relationship kaka has with ancelotti he clearly made an impression on him.

Pato "enthusiastic" about Chelsea

Alexandre Pato’s agent has said he is “enthusiastic” about Chelsea’s interest and told Milan to make its position clear.

While this evening the Stamford Bridge side released an official statement denying it had made any offer for Kaka, they did not mention his Rossoneri teammate.

“Milan have to decide Pato’s situation,” agent Gilmar Veloz told Antenna 3 television.

“We are enthusiastic about Chelsea’s interest in the player, but the final decision is entirely down to Milan.

“Pato has a contract with Milan, but if the club reached an agreement with Chelsea, then we would be willing to negotiate.”

It is reported Carlo Ancelotti wants to bring The Duck with him to London and the club has offered £45m for the teenage hitman.

“At the moment, I cannot give any guarantees to the fans that Pato will remain at Milan,” warned Veloz.

“I do not own the club and so only a spokesman for Milan can answer that question.”

Rossoneri fans are already stationed out in front of the club headquarters at Via Turati to protest Kaka’s possible move to Real Madrid.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun03x.html

There is also another report on goal.com that his agent says Pato could leave AC soon, but the article isnt up yet so i didnt post it.

Milan starlet Alexandre Pato has been linked with a mega-money move to Chelsea since Carlo Ancelotti was confirmed as the Blues' new coach.

On Wednesday, the player's agent claimed that his client could be on the move this summer and he was ready to negotiate if Milan and Chelsea reached an agreement.

However, Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has swiftly denied the possibility that the Brazilian hitman will be leaving the San Siro.

"Absolutely not. He will stay with us," claimed the club supremo on the program Porta a Porta.

Pato has flourished since making his debut for Milan back in January of 2008. He has scored 15 goals in Serie A this season and has become a continual member of the Brazilian national team.

With Kaka seemingly on the verge of joining Real Madrid, it would be a bitter blow if Pato was to leave as well.

Do you not think he could be another Sheva ? Yes he is a great player there is no doubting that. But the Premiership is so different from Serie A.

And a 29 year old Schevchenko is so different from a 19 year old Pato. Honestly what similarities do you see between the two players aside from both playing for Milan?

This might sound a bit daft, but I think Pato would be the better deal.

First off, Kaka is 26 and by the time he reached the end of his contract or was here for several years, theres no way we'd make half the amount back we reported to be paying for him (£73.5m).

Pato for £30m for me is the better option. Not only do we save £40m+, but theres the likelihood we could sell him for a profit down the line. If we're to be looking after our finances this seems the logical choice.

i completely agree with you relic, but unfortunatley i also agree with terminator. i dont see AC letting both Kaka and Pato go, unless Pato went for a huge fee. an alternative could be aguero or benzema, both of which are good substitutes imo.