9 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite LP LP?

• Hybrid Theory
    • Meteora
    • Minutes to Midnight
    • A Thousand Suns
    • Living Things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Duhq5oCp0

this is a fucking master piece mate. All there songs on that album are class, the only one i'm not to keen on is iridecent, that's a bit too weak but it's good when you're feeling down.

When they come for me is also an epic track, i also love the part when Chester comes into it. Then they have all sorts of good inter tracks on it what are very good sounds. I thought it was an epic album.

And of course the most underrated song of all time

This just had everything, the singing, the guiltar... and see for me, techno can be an art, i hate the average techno like house party shite like basehunter and all that bollocks and trash, but then you get the sort of techno like The Catalyst, what is just fucking amazing, now that's art. That's the type of apocalyptic music you need for the album, it just all fitted well and the lyrics are amazing, the whole band just shout the same words but it's so good how they do it.

People just listen to the album and be ignorant and not even give it a chance they just say ''oh it's not like there first two albums, i thought they would come back from minutes to midnight, fuck this''.

There were a few very good songs, for sure. But I don't think any of them are in the same range as "What I've done", "In the End" and "Breaking the Habit", which are songs I'll always be able to listen to, no matter how fucked up or happy I feel. I appreciate that they're developing as musicans and as a band, I'm excited about every single album and I'll listen to very single album my whole life long. LP are the band I've grown up with, the band which inspired, motivated and helped me the most of any music artists.

Keeping on listening to LT and it's unbelievable how everytime I seem to find something new I haven't heard before.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a few very good songs, for sure. But I don't think any of them are in the same range as "What I've done", "In the End" and "Breaking the Habit", which are songs I'll always be able to listen to, no matter how fucked up or happy I feel. I appreciate that they're developing as musicans and as a band, I'm excited about every single album and I'll listen to very single album my whole life long. LP are the band I've grown up with, the band which inspired, motivated and helped me the most of any music artists.

Keeping on listening to LT and it's unbelievable how everytime I seem to find something new I haven't heard before.

Yes, i agree with that they didn't have much songs what where single material or outstanding songs. But there full album was like Hybrid Theory, you could listen to every track, well for me anyway. Where as Meteora had about two tracks i don't listen too, and Minutes To Midnight had a lot of very very good songs, could've had about 7 singles off that album or 8, but the rest wern't that good of songs. However there new album is definitley the weakest link, they really should've waited and released it when it was strong not like this where they only have one good song.

It wasn't shite at all, the music was some of the best stuff they've done. For once Linkin Park had a meaning in an album and stuck at it, The Catalyst is a masterpiece to music it has an apocalyptic sound aswell as the rest of the album does. They didn't have stupid electronic shit at all, they had some weak tracks what where good like Iridescent and Robot Boy but both of them where still good tracks with good music. Tell me one track what has bad music on A Thousand Suns, because i disagree with what you're getting at.

Listen to the Catalyst, all the music opens up perfectly, Shinoda in the car giving the warning then the bass tunes in and then bam it all collides, then the techno hits then that great guiltar gets kicking.

I agree with you that The Catalyst is a nice song but that's about it and in my opinion the rest of the album is mediocre at best. Of course it's great that the band has opinions and it's even better if they can fit them into their songs so that they can have some messages to the listeners and make them think about some important stuff but imo they took it too far with A Thousand Suns. To me the album Minutes to Midnight was definitely among their best and it had meaning too, right? I'm sure many Linkin Park fans agree with me on this so why couldn't they stick to that?

I agree with you that The Catalyst is a nice song but that's about it and in my opinion the rest of the album is mediocre at best. Of course it's great that the band has opinions and it's even better if they can fit them into their songs so that they can have some messages to the listeners and make them think about some important stuff but imo they took it too far with A Thousand Suns. To me the album Minutes to Midnight was definitely among their best and it had meaning too, right? I'm sure many Linkin Park fans agree with me on this so why couldn't they stick to that?

No where near, A Thousand Suns is just a classic, i wish it was there first album then people would of had more respect for it. I bet you any money they would've done. Because all people think about it what have bad opinions on it, is this 'It's too different from there first two'...

I loved the album and wish they did something similar for there next.

The second half of ATS is amazing. The first half of it is utter tripe. Basically the songs on it are average right up until Robot Boy, and then suddenly you hear Journada del Muerdo/Waiting for the End, Wretches and Kings and Blackout, and you cream your pants.

Minutes to Midnight was a bit meh, as far as I'm concerned. Some absolutely incredible music on there, for example Bleed It Out and Given Up, but there is some stuff on there that isn't terrible, but not exactly memorable either (like Valentine's Day). You compare it to Meteora, though, and it looks crap. Look at the calibre of songs on that album - Numb, Don't Stay, Faint, etc. - shits all over it. And then look at Hybrid Theory; possibly the best rock album of the last 15 years.

Lol i joined this forum because of Linkin Park, when i was trying to find a download on google and it linked me to a thread what BlueLion made and hosted a link.

So if it wasn't for Linkin Park i wouldn't of been here to save this forum.

No where near, A Thousand Suns is just a classic, i wish it was there first album then people would of had more respect for it. I bet you any money they would've done. Because all people think about it what have bad opinions on it, is this 'It's too different from there first two'...

I loved the album and wish they did something similar for there next.

the thing is thousand suns had a few really amazing songs while Livin things has mostly mediocre songs apart from burn it down.

lost in the echo and in my remains are good as well but the linkin park of old were much better interms of overall quality of the songs

Lol i joined this forum because of Linkin Park, when i was trying to find a download on google and it linked me to a thread what BlueLion made and hosted a link.

So if it wasn't for Linkin Park i wouldn't of been here to save this forum.

Nevermind LP, I made the thread motherfucker :Goober:

Never been a hardcore LP listener, but when I was younger, I liked their albums Meteora and Hybrid Theory. Everything beyond that is garbage imo. That's what happens when you sell out or hit a long creativity crisis.

Their best song is an unreleased demo imo. Couldn't stop listening to it in 2010 autumn.

I actually really like Burn it down. The rest is actually pretty decent once you give it a chance. I would still like for them to return to Nu Metal.

touche. i am positively buzzing with Burn It Down now. cant get it out of my head and a few other songs are growing on me. But the thing is people expected a lot more from Linkin Park due to their past reputation and to be fair, Living things is nowhere near Meteora or Hybrid Theory

Really like this new album.

I wish people would stop comparing it to Hybrid Theory. They're a different band now. If anything, this album is literally a Hybrid Theory - its a mix of everything good they've previously done. Lies/Greed/Misery sounds like something off Meteora. Burn It Down has a Thousand Suns vibe to it. Lost in the Echo is from the Minutes to Midnight template. Victimized is like a mini homage to Hybrid Theory...

This album is boss as fuck.

I actually really like Burn it down. The rest is actually pretty decent once you give it a chance. I would still like for them to return to Nu Metal.

So you dislike rap, yet listen to Linkin Park, even right down to Hybrid Theory they've always had a 'rap vibe' to them. Fort Minor is good, but he's nowhere near a better lyricist than the rappers you were discrediting. Ironic really..

I must say that it is Linkin Park, along with Rage Against the Machine, that have got me into rap and hip-hop. Because of LP I listen to artists like Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, Nas, Kanye West, etc. I prefer rock music indefinitely, but I must say I like to break up my listening experiences with some occasional hip-hop or rap.

(I've added a poll to see which is our collective favourite LP album. I think Hybrid Theory is their best album, but my favourite is ATS. Love it).

What would be your all-time Linkin Park 'best of', if you had to make a 15-track greatest hits compilation? I've tried to make mine an even spread from all their albums...

1. Papercut
  2. Place For My Head
  3. One Step Closer
  4. Don't Stay
  5. Faint
  6. Numb/Encore
  7. Given Up
  8. Bleed It Out
  9. What I've Done
  10. New Divide
  11. Blackout
  12. Wretches and Kings