Best LP album?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite LP LP?

• Hybrid Theory
    • Meteora
    • Minutes to Midnight
    • A Thousand Suns
    • Living Things

Released recently, New Divide is the first we've heard from them for a couple of years. It's the soundtrack for the new Transformers movie, which is apt, as the band also provided What I've Done for the first film in the series. I've always been a big fan of the band and I'm glad to hear they're continuing to experiment with their music.

If you fancy a listen of the new track, watch the video below.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

LP's new album leaked this morning - I think most of the songs are now on Youtube. What are your thoughts on it?

I've only listened through once so far, but I really like it. It isn't as good as Hybrid Theory on first listen, but is easily better than Minutes to Midnight and there are some songs such as Wretches and Kings, Blackout, Waiting for the End and The Messenger which are really, really quality songs. There isn't really a bad song on the album in all fairness. Certainly an 8/10 from me!

My ratings:

1. The Requiem - 8

2. The Radiance - 8

3. Burning In The Skies - 6

4. Empty Spaces - 6

5. When They Come For Me - 8

6. Robot Boy - 7

7. Jornada Del Muerto - 7

8. Waiting For The End - 10

9. Blackout - 10

10. Wretches And Kings - 10

11. Wisdom, Justice, And Love - 9

12. Iridescent - 8

13. Fallout - 7

14. The Catalyst - 9

15. The Messenger - 9

Overall - 8. Ultimately, A Thousand Suns is brilliant. The haunting instrumentals are complimented by a number of brilliant songs such as 'Waiting for the End, The Messenger, Wretches and Kings and the awe-inspiring Blackout amongst others. The only disappointments is the relatively weak Burning in the Skies, which pales in comparison to past album openers. Still, its a bloody brilliant album and ranks amongst their best work.

Album ratings:

Hybrid Theory - 10

Meteroa - 8.5

A Thousand Suns - 8

Minutes to Midnight - 7

I got to say im not that impressed so far after a couple of listens, im sure i will start to like it a little better when i get over the fact it isnt the hybrid theory. I realise they want to experiment with their style which is all cool but i dont think this is for me. I preferred them a few years back.

• 1 year later...

They where the shit back in 2000, me and all my mates loves them. Hybrid Theory was awesome! Meteora was not bad. Lost interest after that album though. I find it hard to keep upto date with music these days though, not just because I'm busy but I have a large range of taste in music lol.