Henrique Hilario

DavidEU

That's about as likely as all of our senior players who can play as striker getting injured at the same time and us having to rely on Feruz to lead the line.

Besides, worst case scenario is that we ask the FA for an emergency loan for a GK in the unlikely event that both Cech and Schwarzer get injured at the same time.

Sorry for the late response, maybe between matches we could get an emergency goallie, but we certainly cannot do it during, if Cech's out for a match then Schwarzer gets injured during the game or worse during the warm up for a Champions League final against Barcelona, Blackman makes his debut in one of the biggest games in the clubs history.

Hilario has proven he can step in for some big matches (Barca, Liverpool) and i would be happier with him than Blackman, imo its only Blackman's youth and home grown status that it's even a debate.

Sorry for the late response, maybe between matches we could get an emergency goallie, but we certainly cannot do it during, if Cech's out for a match then Schwarzer gets injured during the game or worse during the warm up for a Champions League final against Barcelona, Blackman makes his debut in one of the biggest games in the clubs history.

Hilario has proven he can step in for some big matches (Barca, Liverpool) and i would be happier with him than Blackman, imo its only Blackman's youth and home grown status that it's even a debate.

You wouldn't trust to start a couple of games for us?! Then you're largely underrating the boy. Hilario did have some excellent games with us in the CL but he also had some absolute shockers in the league (and one in the FA cup when he dot sent off) on many occasions. Blackman is currently not that far off Hilario who obviously has experience over him. In fact, I was hoping to have Jamal not only because he fits in the U21 category but also because I wanted him to be given a chance in a couple of league cup games.

On any account, the scenarios you're talking about are incredibly unlikely and you can't make the decision to just throw away a foreign spot on the team based on them.

You wouldn't trust to start a couple of games for us?! Then you're largely underrating the boy. Hilario did have some excellent games with us in the CL but he also had some absolute shockers in the league (and one in the FA cup when he dot sent off) on many occasions. Blackman is currently not that far off Hilario who obviously has experience over him. In fact, I was hoping to have Jamal not only because he fits in the U21 category but also because I wanted him to be given a chance in a couple of league cup games.

On any account, the scenarios you're talking about are incredibly unlikely and you can't make the decision to just throw away a foreign spot on the team based on them.

The only true shocker he had for us imo was against Man.City, where the over-reaction's to that performance were borderline ridiculous, the forum i was on at the time suddenly he was one of the worst keepers we ever had and suddenly Turnbull was better was him.

My problem with Hilario is he isn't great when he has to play a run of games for a while, the longer he went on in 06/07 the dodgier he looked but (Man.City the exception) he is proven capable of coming in and winning us points (where as Blackman isn't). On the top of my head Barcelona, Liverpool, he also came off the bench against Fenebache in the 07/08 quarter final and made a match winning save that would have dumped us out if it went in and against Blackburn the same season at Ewood Park where about 2 minutes after his arrival made a unbelievable save to keep us 1-0 up.

Which was the match Hilario got sent off in ? because i can't recall any tbh.

The only true shocker he had for us imo was against Man.City, where the over-reaction's to that performance were borderline ridiculous, the forum i was on at the time suddenly he was one of the worst keepers we ever had and suddenly Turnbull was better was him.

My problem with Hilario is he isn't great when he has to play a run of games for a while, the longer he went on in 06/07 the dodgier he looked but (Man.City the exception) he is proven capable of coming in and winning us points (where as Blackman isn't). On the top of my head Barcelona, Liverpool, he also came off the bench against Fenebache in the 07/08 quarter final and made a match winning save that would have dumped us out if it went in and against Blackburn the same season at Ewood Park where about 2 minutes after his arrival made a unbelievable save to keep us 1-0 up.

Which was the match Hilario got sent off in ? because i can't recall any tbh.

He had a couple of shockers in the 06/07 season as well in the league, granted that at the time we also had a lot of injuries at the back and were playing Essien as a CB. But still he was by no means always reliable. Blackman has not shown that he can be relied on because he has never been given the chance to show that. He's done very well with the youths and reserves and imo deserves this chance.

The match Hilario got sent off in was under AVB, can't remember against who, though.

He had a couple of shockers in the 06/07 season as well in the league, granted that at the time we also had a lot of injuries at the back and were playing Essien as a CB. But still he was by no means always reliable. Blackman has not shown that he can be relied on because he has never been given the chance to show that. He's done very well with the youths and reserves and imo deserves this chance.

The match Hilario got sent off in was under AVB, can't remember against who, though.

Think that was Turnbull wasn't it at Goodison? then Cech came on and saved the pen?

He did have some shockers in 06/07 after he was playing a run of games (which imo is his weakness, consistency) he seems like a player who performs when the novelty of playing is there but then gets bored.

When i saw Blackman he blew hot and cold, i hope your right about him i really do as it would be good to see a homegrown keeper come through (maybe a loan this season see what he can do?) but as it stands i think Sam Walker out of the two has more of a chance of being our #3 when Hilario eventually goes, especially if he impresses again at Colchester.

Guess we aren't signing another foreign player then.

Don't we have any remaining spots? I think Oscar still counts as U21 since his 21st birthday was before the turn of the year. I remember reading that somewhere but it could made up.

Hilario's got the best season ticket at the Stamford Bridge. On the bench.

Don't we have any remaining spots? I think Oscar still counts as U21 since his 21st birthday was before the turn of the year. I remember reading that somewhere but it could made up.

But he plays for the senior team so how does he count as an U21?

But he plays for the senior team so how does he count as an U21?

U21 as in he still considered to be in the U21 age category not that he plays for the U21s.

Each team must have a squad of maximum 25 players that includes 6 homegrown players (meaning a max number of 17 foreigners). Players who are under 21 or turn 21 after the turn of the year are considered to be in the U21 age group category and do not count in the 25 man squad each team is allowed.

U21 as in he still considered to be in the U21 age category not that he plays for the U21s.

Each team must have a squad of maximum 25 players that includes 6 homegrown players (meaning a max number of 17 foreigners). Players who are under 21 or turn 21 after the turn of the year are considered to be in the U21 age group category and do not count in the 25 man squad each team is allowed.

I knew about the homegrown rule but this U21 rule is new.

Must have been made for Arsene so that he could have unlimited 3 year olds in his squad.