Henrique Hilario

DavidEU

The PFA have confirmed Hilario has been released by the club, presumably to retire.

Thank you for seven years of faultless professionalism, H! I think we'll all remember his debut against Barca, and also his greatest game against Liverpool.

Hilario-001.jpg

• 1 month later...

Anyone know why Hilario didn't have an article like any other released players in official website, despite his contract expired at the same time?

Because he isnt releasd! I think he got new contract. Why? Because he still in the player database on the offical page, and the others arent!

Because he isnt releasd! I think he got new contract. Why? Because he still in the player database on the offical page, and the others arent!

Hmm, possibly as a backup option. Might be because we haven't sign a goalkeeper yet. I think he will be our 2nd goalkeeper, if we are not sign any goalkeeper this summer. Jamal or Delac could be a 3rd then.

Hilario will be given a new contract, according to Petr Cech!

In an interview for Czech press Petr Cech revealed that Henrique Hilario would be given a new contract at Chelsea.

'As far as I know, Hilario will be given a new contract at Chelsea.' - that's what Petr said.

Hes been in none of the training photos or clips with the goalkeepers. Just Petr, Blackman and Sam Walker.

Odd one, pretty disrespectful of the club if he has been released and hasnt recieved the same recognition as the other four.

• 3 weeks later...

I think we moved this to the "ex-blues" a bit too soon. Apparently he's been training at Cobham. Not sure if that means he's getting the extension that Petr said he'd get. If that's the case, I'll be gutted if he takes Jamal's spot as the 3rd keeper.

I think we moved this to the "ex-blues" a bit too soon. Apparently he's been training at Cobham. Not sure if that means he's getting the extension that Petr said he'd get. If that's the case, I'll be gutted if he takes Jamal's spot as the 3rd keeper.

Blackman is a disaster waiting to happen ,,Would hate to have to rely on him

Blackman is a disaster waiting to happen ,,Would hate to have to rely on him

That's very harsh. He's good keeper for his age and he's earned his chance with the first team. And we won't have to rely on him, that's why he's 3rd choice.

That's very harsh. He's good keeper for his age and he's earned his chance with the first team. And we won't have to rely on him, that's why he's 3rd choice.

Remember what happened in 2006? we could be relying on a 3rd keeper at any given moment.

Remember what happened in 2006? we could be relying on a 3rd keeper at any given moment.

That's about as likely as all of our senior players who can play as striker getting injured at the same time and us having to rely on Feruz to lead the line.

Besides, worst case scenario is that we ask the FA for an emergency loan for a GK in the unlikely event that both Cech and Schwarzer get injured at the same time.

That's about as likely as all of our senior players who can play as striker getting injured at the same time and us having to rely on Feruz to lead the line.

Besides, worst case scenario is that we ask the FA for an emergency loan for a GK in the unlikely event that both Cech and Schwarzer get injured at the same time.

there is no logic at all in that statement.. but if you think Blackman could be relied upon .then it is pointless discussing it with you.

I would certainly be happier with Hilario as number 3