Edin Dzeko

Milan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea have reportedly entered the race to sign Wolfsburg star Edin Dzeko and are planning a €23 million (£20m) offer for the player.

The Mirror reports today that new head coach Carlo Ancelotti, who is looking to add quality to his side and reduce the average age of the Blues’ squad, sees the Bosnia and Herzegovina striker as an ideal option.

Italian giants Milan have been courting Dzeko for most of the summer, but seem to have moved on to Sevilla’s Luis Fabiano after being frustrated by Wolfsburg’s desire to keep hold of the player.

But the Blues are still said to be hopeful of persuading the Bundesliga champions to agree a deal and Ancelotti has apparently told the club’s hierarchy to start putting out feelers to see if a €23m offer would be accepted.

The 23-year-old Dzeko burst onto the scene last season as he smashed 36 goals in 42 just appearances in all competitions in what was a fantastic campaign.

Dzeko, capped 17 times by his country, played for Zeljeznicar, Usti nad Labem and Teplice before joining his current club.

Chelsea completed the signing of starlet Daniel Sturridge from Manchester City yesterday and are still hopeful of agreeing a deal for left-sided Russian player Yuri Zhirkov next week, with significant funds available to Ancelotti.

I like Ancelotti's thinking already, buying good young talent bringing the average age of the squad down, its what we need...I bet he would have had a difficult time bringing the average age down at Ac Milan with all those oldies there XD. I dont know about Dzeko, id love to see him play for Chelsea, but something just tells me he's not the player we need, i cant help but think he could be another Kezman. I mean yeah he's young and scores lots of goals undoubtadly, but he's not the silky dribbling winger we need unlike Aguero/Pato etc, players like that. And the fact that hes not from a reknowned fortballing country just, i duno, i feel like he wouldent have to work hard to get into their national squad or learn anything off the rest of his team. Overall i dont know, i wouldent mind seeing this go through because he is a great player/scoring talent, i just somehow feel he is not what we need.

• 3 weeks later...
Is staying at Wolfsburg. Poor baby, cause he is not happy at all with this new deal

He may be holding talks soon with Wolfsburg in order to discuss options for him to leave. There is no source listed but here's the link: Jul 22 http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/

I would like to see him come before Huntelaar or any of the other options besides Pato or Kun.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Carlo Ancelotti has identified Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko as Chelsea's first choice striker target in this transfer window.

The Bosia Herzegovina striker, who has been watched by every top club in Europe, was thought to be heading to Milan.

But the Italian club last night admitted a deal could be scuppered by the late interest of the Stamford Bridge club.

Clause in the 23-year-old's contract and want to do a swap deal.Chelsea, who face an 18-month FIFA transfer ban after this window, are now considering paying the price for the 6 ft 4 in forward who scored against Manchester United in the Champions League this season.

Dzeko, who hit the target 26 times as Wolfsburg won the Bundesliga last season, has also found the net 14 times in 23 internationals.

Ancelotti also has Juventus forward Vicenzo Iaquinta and Giampaolo Pazzini of Sampdoria as potential striking alternatives to bolster his squad on his shopping list.

Before Christmas, Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan the muscular Dzeko was "ideal for the English league".

And Arsene Wenger admitted he liked the Bosnian but he was out of Arsenal's price range.

DAILY MAIL

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You