Edin Dzeko

Milan

Dzeko - Chelsea are after me

setanta

Wolfsburg hit-man Edin Dzeko has claimed that Chelsea are on his tail.

The Bosnian is enjoying a promising season with the Bundesliga title contenders and he has already bagged 40 goals in 48 games in all competitions.

The 23-year-old's fine record has attracted a host of European clubs, and he has declared that The Blues, as well as other Premier League and Spanish league clubs, have contacted his agent.

Dzeko is under contract until 2010 and planned to respect his deal, but Felix Magath's unexpected move to Schalke has made him change his mind.

"I am aware of Chelsea's interest," he told Avaz. "There have been concrete talks with my agent and the club. Nevertheless, we should not talk about it yet.

"Other clubs are also interested in me in England and Spain, but I will only think about it when the season concludes.

"Nobody at the club is happy with Magath's departure to Schalke, but there is not much we can do. We have to remain focused on the title race.

"His departure changed everything for me. Staying with Wolfsburg was my intention for him if we win the league, but right now I am not sure anymore."

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be the sort of striker we need. He's still pretty young and would certainly want to prove himself at a big club.

Signing someone like Ibrahimovic for example could be a bad move. He seems to think he's made it and wouldnt be interested in putting in the effort. Similar to Abebayor I'm afraid.

He is rocking the Bundes Liga and he is crucial for Bosnia and Hercegovina national squad.I love him he is pure class and a really good guy he went to my school when we were kids.

I would be over the moon if we sign him.

scored a hat-trick today...very good stiker...tall (1.92 m (6 ft 3+12 in),strong, strong in the air generaly.tipe of player for english football...would make a good signing,especialy because we colud buy him cheap.cheaper than adebayor I mean...

AMIN my brother..... :P

btw how much will he cost?? :huh:

dzeko market prize is around 12 ,5 mil. acording to transfermarkt.de

we colud buy him for around 20 mil. maybe...they'll stall offer to get a better bid...

Yea, i think he is better than Benzema, because he is taller and stronger, also can take a place of Drogba. Who is can work with long pass and can score with his head.

• 3 weeks later...
Wolfsburg Star Edin Dzeko Set To Snub Chelsea

The Bosnian international looks set to remain in Germany for a while longer yet...

Edin Dzeko, the VfL Wolfsburg striker strongly linked with a move to Premier League giants Chelsea, would seem to be staying put for the time being.

The player, who scored 26 goals as the Wolves won the Bundesliga last season, winning Germany's Players' Footballer of the Year award in the process, is now one of European football's hottest properties, and it seemed likely that one of the continent's giants would come calling soon in a bid to snap him up.

The 23-year-old himself recently hinted that the Londoners were interested, but has now confirmed that he is in negotiations concering the posssibility of remaining in Germany for another season.

"Talks on a new contract with Wolfsburg are currently underway. If I get what I have asked for I will most likely stay there for another year," Setanta Sports reports Dzeko as saying.

The striker joined Wolfsburg from FK Teplice in 2007.

• 2 weeks later...

Sky Sports Italia television station claims that AC Milan have secured a pre-agreement with Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko and that the Wolfsburg striker has promised to join the San Siro side if Wolfsburg allow him permission to leave the Volskwagen Arena. The Bundesliga champions have thus far refused to allow Dzeko to talk to any suitors, despite being linked with a host of Premier League sides including London trio Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea.

The reports from Italy claim that with £60m in the bank from the sale of Kaka to Real Madrid the rossoneri will once again approach Wolfsburg with a lucrative offer. It suggested the German side wants €30million for their man, but the Rossoneri are only willing to stretch to €20m. The player's apparent will to join Milan is in the club's favour.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You