Edin Dzeko

Milan

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because we are chelsea and this is our style.BTW city fans seem to think that dzeko first touch is very bad,it could be a problem because mata and hazard like to play quick passes to forwards.

His first touch is alright. I think first touch is a thing that people make a big deal out of but say if Dzeko's playing well and everythings going for him his first touch will probably be very good as in comparison to when hes playing bad its going to be bad.

It's true. He would be a world beater here and bang them in for fun.

So you were against us signing Rooney, but think this guy would 'bang them in for fun'?

Personally I think this could go either way. Depends on the price and he's a good player, but we're essentially stepping aside and letting City have a run at Cavani and that will please their fans no end.

We do put in quality crosses. It's just that our strikers (Torres especially) don't attack the balls i.e before when the ball was crossed, Kalou, Malouda Anelka, Drogba and even Essien/Ballack would be lining up in the box to challenge in the air.

In the current team, Hazard, Mata, Oscar have minimal aerial ability and Torres rarely attacks the cross - almost always preferring to drop back. That aerial component of our game is gone at the moment. Our threat is only from set-pieces

Nye we don't and even when BA has played, he never has got a constant flow of quality crosses. It's not about Having aerial ability lol. It's about having enough players in the box, we always have 2 or maximum three and that's when we are chasing the game . If Aguero and Silva could score headers, with just being in the box. Our creative midgets could do even better cause we've got the special one now :P #nomorespanishwaiters4bieber

So you were against us signing Rooney, but think this guy would 'bang them in for fun'?

Personally I think this could go either way. Depends on the price and he's a good player, but we're essentially stepping aside and letting City have a run at Cavani and that will please their fans no end.

Alot of people would be against us signing Rooney....i mean, just yesterday, you were the one saying that Terry carries alot of baggage...

Well...Rooney comes with baggage...and he's a United player. I hope Rooney get sold abroad, would be funny to see how he adapts to a different league...

As for Dzeko, for the right price..he'd be a good signing, would definitely take the pressure off Lukaku next season.

Alot of people would be against us signing Rooney....i mean, just yesterday, you were the one saying that Terry carries alot of baggage...

Well...Rooney comes with baggage...and he's a United player. I hope Rooney get sold abroad, would be funny to see how he adapts to a different league...

As for Dzeko, for the right price..he'd be a good signing, would definitely take the pressure off Lukaku next season.

Let's not compare Rooney's baggage to Terry's because it's not even close.

Nye we don't and even when BA has played, he never has got a constant flow of quality crosses. It's not about Having aerial ability lol. It's about having enough players in the box, we always have 2 or maximum three and that's when we are chasing the game . If Aguero and Silva could score headers, with just being in the box. Our creative midgets could do even better cause we've got the special one now :P #nomorespanishwaiters4bieber

Nope. It's all about having players with aerial ability. Ba is just one player and the opposition defenders can mark him out very easily when there are a scarce few others who can challenge in the air.. Our crossing is actually good - Cole, Azpi, Oscar, Mata, Hazard are all able crossers and more often than not the crosses fall into a general area in the box but but there are no men attacking it in the box. Demba Ba is one, who else? You can make an argument for Ramires but there's no one else

And, Aguero - Silva can score headers is just a childish argument. X and Y can do it is not a argument that A and B should also do it. Aguero is a striker and Silva is not good in the air. He has scored free-headers and he can head the ball but that doesn't necessarily mean he's good in the air

what if we buy him on deadline dat giving city no time to buy cavani

I don't really agree, I do think Džeko is much more all round than those two.

Ba is a decent striker, kind of old fashioned one: wins headers, lays back and shots when he's a half decent opportunity, with the ability to produce the odd piece of raw talent

Lukaku is clearly a finisher, likes to run into depth. His favourite move is to lay back a short pass then running behind the defenders, he made his reputation on that move, he scored most of his goals on this kind of situation since his days in Belgium. (remember his chance at Goodison Park in League Cup with AVB)

I haven't been able to watch Lukaku as much as I would in recent weeks but until the new year I've been left unimpressed by some aspects of his play such as his predictable movement, lack of dominance in the air (poor timing/technique - despite having scored several goals with his head). He's been a great supersub, he's been really efficient when coming on but I still have too much doubts about him starting games at Chelsea, even fringe ones.

Afterall that's normal, he's 19

Basically I'd say Ba moves to challenge the ball, Lukaku moves in order to receive it.

Džeko's movements are well above that considering that athletically he's already faster/stronger than his usual opponent. He's clever enough to move to create space, especially when his team is lacking penetrating options because the opponent is well positioned behind the ball in instance.

Have a look again on Marseille's little prince's goal against Tottenham in 2011, most fuss was made about Silva's delivery but that's Džeko who releases a fantastic path by carrying Dawson out of the defence like a puppet

And he know how to be at the right place at the right time, he's very mobile (not quick but his frame, amplitude makes him fast) and his frame helps him to be in good conditions to be where the ball is about to be played (on crosses, etc)

Agüero appears less comfortable when he's not any Tevez to adapt to his movements (Tevez is like Rooney, he plays depending the way his partner does), no Džeko to keep defenders busy ; and no Silva to get him proper deliveries through space (basically the story of the season with an out of form David Silva).

Džeko got smashed by fans, pundits... still he managed to have an impressive enough scoring rate (Mancini was behaving like a s o b with him) and often made life easier for City's attackers around him

Fantastic description.

You think he would do well with Chelsea with the current midfield?

Nope. It's all about having players with aerial ability. Ba is just one player and the opposition defenders can mark him out very easily when there are a scarce few others who can challenge in the air.. Our crossing is actually good - Cole, Azpi, Oscar, Mata, Hazard are all able crossers and more often than not the crosses fall into a general area in the box but but there are no men attacking it in the box. Demba Ba is one, who else? You can make an argument for Ramires but there's no one else

And, Aguero - Silva can score headers is just a childish argument. X and Y can do it is not a argument that A and B should also do it. Aguero is a striker and Silva is not good in the air. He has scored free-headers and he can head the ball but that doesn't necessarily mean he's good in the air

Lol if we would have men in the box, someone would actually get a free header and score. It's not about aerial ability. and I was saying if aguero and silva with fucking no height and aerial ability could score headers, we would too :P

Lol if we would have men in the box, someone would actually get a free header and score. It's not about aerial ability. and I was saying if aguero and silva with fucking no height and aerial ability could score headers, we would too :P

Yes. Mata, Hazard can improve. But our crossing is actually good. Just that there's no targets in the box.

Mata doesn't know the basic idea of heading i.e keep eye contact with the ball and connect with the header.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You