Chelsea Vs Valencia

BlueLion.

Had 0-0 stamped on it after 20 minutes, -had we needed to qualify like the bindippers it could have been 3 or 4 easily. Pizzarro although with deft touches, showed why he has a low scoring record in his career. Would be quite happy for him and Ben Haim to permanently go missing in January , as long as replacements are found.
Pizarro was very frustrating, at times he did some brilliant things, but when it counted he completely fluffed it every time, but he did play pretty good. Although i wouldn't want to rely on him in January too heavily. On another day that would have a 4 or 5 nil drubbing, just wasn't going to happen for us, i found myself laughing by the end that we couldn't get a goal...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pizarro was very frustrating, at times he did some brilliant things, but when it counted he completely fluffed it every time, but he did play pretty good. Although i wouldn't want to rely on him in January too heavily. On another day that would have a 4 or 5 nil drubbing, just wasn't going to happen for us, i found myself laughing by the end that we couldn't get a goal...
Kalou and Pizarro, the Keystone cops. Sounded like a good atmosphere for a non deciding game though.

Kalou and Pizarro, the Keystone cops. Sounded like a good atmosphere for a non deciding game though.
Yeah it did. I think the fans appreciated what the team was doing, because barring the shooting they were pretty fantastic, Valencia never stood a chance and we just battered them really. Kalou, Pizarro and SWP were mightily frustrating at times last night, but at the same time they all did some great stuff too. Best players for me were Lamps and Joey Cole when he came on.

Yeah it did. I think the fans appreciated what the team was doing, because barring the shooting they were pretty fantastic, Valencia never stood a chance and we just battered them really. Kalou, Pizarro and SWP were mightily frustrating at times last night, but at the same time they all did some great stuff too. Best players for me were Lamps and Joey Cole when he came on.
Definitely, and JT and Cech imperious as ever. Ben Haim is a liability at times, almost stitched up Cech on a couple of occasions. January sales job. I'm sure hes Grants lovechild, has that same miserable hangdog expression.Draw for the knockout stages could be interesting, bindippers ?

Definitely, and JT and Cech imperious as ever. Ben Haim is a liability at times, almost stitched up Cech on a couple of occasions. January sales job. I'm sure hes Grants lovechild, has that same miserable hangdog expression.Draw for the knockout stages could be interesting, bindippers ?
Lol, couldn't believe that overhead 40 yard backpass in the air Ben Haim did, bloody hilarious......It should be a pretty good draw for us, the worst we can get is Lyon, but they havn't qualified yet. The rest of the teams are a pretty good draw for us, Liverpool are going to screwed if Arsenal finish top of their group, all the biggies there for them.

Lol, couldn't believe that overhead 40 yard backpass in the air Ben Haim did, bloody hilarious......It should be a pretty good draw for us, the worst we can get is Lyon, but they havn't qualified yet. The rest of the teams are a pretty good draw for us, Liverpool are going to screwed if Arsenal finish top of their group, all the biggies there for them.
Our names on the cup this year. I hope we're not going to have a Drogba drought though. He's nine goals to his name already this season, but Lampard seems just as crucial as an attacking force. Not only does he provide more assists than Drogba from his midfield position, he’s also into double figures after scoring against Sunderland. That said we need a clinical finisher as an addition.

well pizarro wasn't brought in to "bang the goals in for fun" (thats what sheva was for :P ) so can't really critisize him much.. we all know that he isn't the best player when it comes to finishing quality...........this match again showed how much we need Drogba.. and how much we miss a lethal goalscorer. We REALLY need to sign a striker - and a GOOD one not just some average one - in January. Sheva and Pizarro are not even going to get near 20 goals together in the season.

Sounds like Joe Cole had a large hand in proceedings, only going off what I've heard though as I didn't see the match.
Joe Cole was a different class when he came on, hit the post too. Without doubt our most outstanding player on the night and he didn't play the whole game either :P