Alex

DavidEU

I hate to say this but Alex should leave if he won't be guaranteed first team football. how can our best central defender be relegated to the bench as a fringe player. only at chelsea. Alex deserves better and as the saying goes "you don't realise the value of what you have until you lose it"

Can't see anyone benching JT, and Luiz needs some playtime. I do think though that we'll see Alex play often. I'd give Luiz chances in matches against weaker teams until he start being consistent and gets used to PL. Ivanovic will probably end up as a right back.

Well you can't say the transfer ain't happening because you "rate" the player. I watched Bayern play last season and they were terrible with their defending, so they'll try to sign a good CB for sure in this transfer period. I do hope it's going to be Boateng though like I said.

I'm not saying it wont happen because I rate him. I'm saying I don't want it to. The reason I don't think it will happen is because I think the club will see him as too much of an asset to get rid of. As I said, he's a great option to have and I see no reason why we should ship him out.

In my opinion, for what it's worth (not much) and you're not going to like this... I think he's a better player than Ivan centrally. And if Ivan doesn't play in the centre, he plays RB where I think he's rubbish to be honest. I'd see David Luiz and Alex as my main options.

I hate to say this but Alex should leave if he won't be guaranteed first team football. how can our best central defender be relegated to the bench as a fringe player. only at chelsea. Alex deserves better and as the saying goes "you don't realise the value of what you have until you lose it"

I concur (the bolded bit anyway).

How about experiment with Luiz at DM or RB?. He's the most technical defender the club has ever had. (well that I can recall) coupled with the fact that he lacks discipline as a CB as he likes to bump forward often. That would give Alex enough room and he can always be slotted back to CB if need be.

Bah! Hope not. Can't see it happening though.

Why? Alex isn't a guaranteed 1st team regular here, and he would be there. I'm think that they'll sign Boateng though.

Well mainly because I rate him, but also because all we've done this transfer window is get rid of people. He's always a good option to have .

Well you can't say the transfer ain't happening because you "rate" the player. I watched Bayern play last season and they were terrible with their defending, so they'll try to sign a good CB for sure in this transfer period. I do hope it's going to be Boateng though like I said.

I'm not saying it wont happen because I rate him. I'm saying I don't want it to.

<_<

Sh0n3x, I'm not quite sure what you don't understand here mate.

Let me break it down...

Me: Bah! Hope not. Can't see it happening though.

You: Why.

To answer the 1st bit of "Bah! Hope not" - I rate him, me personally. Nothing more.

To answer the 2nd bit of "Can't see it happening though" - because I think the club will see him as a good option.

You've just highlighted certain bits of text and left other bits out which takes what I said out of context.

Look at this sentance fella.

Well mainly because I rate him, but also because all we've done this transfer window is get rid of people. He's always a good option to have .

The way you wrote it means you answered only about 1 thing. It's not like I'm really interested on why are you hoping for Alex to stay because it's obvious.

Anyway let's forget it, we have misunderstood each other.

Oh, and make sure you introduce yourself to the community here ;)

Look at this sentance fella.

The way you wrote it means you answered only about 1 thing. It's not like I'm really interested on why are you hoping for Alex to stay because it's obvious.

Anyway let's forget it, we have misunderstood each other.

Oh, and make sure you introduce yourself to the community here ;)

Fair enough, lets put it down to misunderstanding.

How about experiment with Luiz at DM or RB?. He's the most technical defender the club has ever had. (well that I can recall) coupled with the fact that he lacks discipline as a CB as he likes to bump forward often. That would give Alex enough room and he can always be slotted back to CB if need be.

I was just thinking this today. I wonder how he'd be in a RB position.

Not RB.

We already have a makeshift right-back and it's not working out well. When we play a system like ours it requires the full-backs to be wing-backs and provide real width. This is, unfortunately, not happening on the right side for us with Ivanovic there. We need a pure right-back now.

As for moving him to DM. What then with Mikel? Mikel is a better DM than Luiz would be.

Not RB.

We already have a makeshift right-back and it's not working out well. When we play a system like ours it requires the full-backs to be wing-backs and provide real width. This is, unfortunately, not happening on the right side for us with Ivanovic there. We need a pure right-back now.

As for moving him to DM. What then with Mikel? Mikel is a better DM than Luiz would be.

How would one know Luiz wouldn't do a better job than Mikel? Drogba started his career as a defender and Sol Campbell was a striker in his early days at spurs. we all know how their conversion into a new role turned out.

How would one know Luiz wouldn't do a better job than Mikel? Drogba started his career as a defender and Sol Campbell was a striker in his early days at spurs. we all know how their conversion into a new role turned out.

But if Mikel's doing a great job why change Luiz's role. We signed Luiz because as a centre-back he's one of the best youngsters coming up. People were comparing him to Ricardo Carvalho on here practically!

Guest justin_3d

Chelsea is not going to sell Alex unless we get another defender. If the winter we bought a defender just because we had a lack of defenders, so to sell another one and not get one to replace him is silly.

If we sell Alex, i do hope then that we get Subotic or VDW. We can't let a defender go and not replace him.

But if you tell me we will get Subotic, i will sell Alex, even though Alex is one of my fav. players, but at his age, is better to cash and get a younger guy like Subotic.

Yeah, Godin would be our first choice then I think.

I don't mind.

Luiz is a great central defender, who's getting better by each game. My hope is we sign a pure right-back to Ivanovic can be a back up for Terry.

I don't mind.

Luiz is a great central defender, who's getting better by each game. My hope is we sign a pure right-back to Ivanovic can be a back up for Terry.

I somewhat disagree with your Luiz remark. His last few games were very dodgy and lapse after his first few games were better. imo he should be moved into midfield because i don't think he's a defender. He's a bit of a disaster waiting to happen too. He will improve hut he's liable to give away a stupid penalty or make a costly fuck up. He's already given away 2 stupid pens and fucked up at Old Trafford and the Brittania.

It will be a huge mistake to let Alex go because he's a beast of a defender and rarely makes mistakes especially high profile ones.

Also.... Ivanovic is too good to be just seen as a back up.

Edited by OllieCFC