Alex

DavidEU

Bruma isn't good enough, Ivanovic is inconsistent (though I blame this on his conversion to right-back, it has ruined his positional sense slightly, I feel) and Luiz is still adapting to the pace and power of English football. The only reason Terry starts every week is because he is our captain. Alex, without doubt, is our best centre-back and would be first choice at any other club. Not only is he superb defensively, but he is so vastly underrated in an attacking sense, though everyone knows his free-kick skill.

And if Guus comes in, there is no way he would leave.

I can guarantee he will start our first game of the season if Hiddink signs.

Ivanovic inconsistent? That right there is an oxymoron - he's been our best player for the last 2 years.

But I agree Terry is only a starter because he's captain, he was excellent last season but in terms of ability I would prefer Alex.

Ivanovic inconsistent? That right there is an oxymoron - he's been our best player for the last 2 years.

But I agree Terry is only a starter because he's captain, he was excellent last season but in terms of ability I would prefer Alex.

Ivanovic's overall play may be consistently good, but he does tend to make mistakes when switching from RB to CB and vice versa (not an easy task), and does tend to screw up his positioning because of this, just like Bluelion said...It has cost us quite few a goals this past season...

That means one of us has shite eyesight, because last time I looked Cech and Drogba had won the Player of the Year award in that period, and rightfully so. :lol: But you misunderstand my point, I'm referring to Ivanovic the CB, not Ivanovic the RB. He's great as a full-back, but looks like a rabbit lost in headlights positionally when he plays in the centre now.

Guest Homer2Chelsea

Sorry to bump this but the less news there is about Alex leaving the better. I am personally happy because i believe he is the best defender at the club, and hopefully AVB could see this aswell.

That means one of us has shite eyesight, because last time I looked Cech and Drogba had won the Player of the Year award in that period, and rightfully so. :lol: But you misunderstand my point, I'm referring to Ivanovic the CB, not Ivanovic the RB. He's great as a full-back, but looks like a rabbit lost in headlights positionally when he plays in the centre now.

also prefer ivo at rb and alex at cb

???

Bayern turned to Alex Bayern Munich is close to a deal with Chelsea for the transfer of Brazilian defender...

The Bayern Munich is close to a deal with Chelsea for the transfer of Brazilian Alex , says L'Equipe . The Blues would require 10 million euros for their defender, 29, under contract until 2013 (Press Photo-Sports). The Bavarians are also on the trail of the GermanJerome Boateng , that Manchester City will not give less than 20 million.

Hmm...a French newspaper passing info on a deal between German and English Clubs...

Difficult to dismiss as another tabloid piece of trash....

I always thought L'Equip ti be fairly trustworthy. I didn't know Alex was 29...however I still don't wan't to lose him.

I want to see him play with Luiz at CB this season, sure Terry is good but the last time I checked the nerve damage in his leg was putting him in a lot of pain.

I always thought L'Equip ti be fairly trustworthy. I didn't know Alex was 29...however I still don't wan't to lose him.

I want to see him play with Luiz at CB this season, sure Terry is good but the last time I checked the nerve damage in his leg was putting him in a lot of pain.

This problem is not over? They said he would be out for several months but he came back immediately...

Guest justin_3d

If we Sell Alex and get Dann or Cahill it won't be that bad.

We should sell some of our older players before they get injured.