test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidEU

Ronaldinho

Started by DavidEU,

140 posts in this topic

I'm a big fan of Ronaldinho but there is no way he would come to Chelsea. If he did, it would be very much the same as Malouda - a class act short of confidence who is struggling to adapt. As good as he is, I don't think he would be able to cope with the EPL's pace.

Chelsea have stepped up their pursuit of Ronaldinho, according to reports in Spain

Roman Abramovich, Chelsea's billionaire owner, allegedly paid a visit to Barcelona over the weekend with the aim of pushing ahead transfer talks for the 27-year-old Brazil striker.

Abramovich is a huge admirer of Barcelona's superstar and has already held several meetings with Ronaldinho's agent and brother Roberto de Assis, as revealed exclusively by Sportsmail last August.

The Russian tycoon was reported in Barcelona's Sport newspaper to have been seen entering and leaving a house in the Catalan capital's upmarket suburb Pedralbes, together with his entourage on Sunday.

However reports in the UK have emerged placing Abramovich in London over the weekend. Although it is believed he did not travel to Fratton Park on Saturday to watch Chelsea's 1-1 draw at Portsmouth.

Barca have previously placed prohibitive price tags of up to £85million on their star player's head. But, sensing their mutual love affair with Ronaldinho is over, they are willing to lower their demands.

And money will be no object for Abramovich as he seeks to turn Chelsea into Champions League winners - and make them once again capable of running away with the Barclays Premier League title.

Ronaldinho's future at the Nou Camp has been plunged into major doubt this season, with a dip in his form being greeted by jeers from club fans.

And it is an open secret in Catalonia that Barca's one-time favourite will be on his way during the close season.

He has been with the club since 2003, and is under contract for three more years. A two-time FIFA World Player of the Year, he has inspired Barca to the Champions League and two La Liga title.

But the playmaker would now relish the chance of a fresh challenge at Stamford Bridge, where he would be welcomed by Brazilian compatriot Alex and fellow Portuguese speakers Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira.

Barca currently lie six points behind La Liga leaders and arch-rivals Real Madrid.

Whilst i would not exactly be dissapointed to see us sign Ronaldinho i think we should be concentrating more on signing the younger stars of the future rather than the ones who we are only likely to get a few years out of.....

Whilst i would not exactly be dissapointed to see us sign Ronaldinho i think we should be concentrating more on signing the younger stars of the future rather than the ones who we are only likely to get a few years out of.....

Agree, Ronaldhino would be more of a Kenyon type signing, guaranteeing shirt sales commission. Still, not a bad player though. :)

Agree, Ronaldhino would be more of a Kenyon type signing, guaranteeing shirt sales commission. Still, not a bad player though. :)

Would definately be a fantastic signing still, i would just like to see us bring someone in who can give us their best years and a lot of them too..... which hopefully we will get from Di Santo

Would definately be a fantastic signing still, i would just like to see us bring someone in who can give us their best years and a lot of them too..... which hopefully we will get from Di Santo

De Santo even looks a bit like him. 'Ronaldhino Lite' or 'Diet Ronaldhino' but will hopefully be even better.

De Santo even looks a bit like him. 'Ronaldhino Lite' or 'Diet Ronaldhino' but will hopefully be even better.

Taller than Ronaldinho and not as goofy!!! Will be good to see what he is capable of though.....

We should be looking at young up coming brazilian playmakers like this kid

Yeah theres some definite quality there BB.

It seems easier for Spanish and Portuguese clubs to get young South Americans than Premiership clubs obtaining the right papers etc. -obvious past colonial links, language etc. Valencia have made vast profits buying and then selling on. Modern day slave trade.

The climate pays dividends. South American youngsters have no desire to come and play for an academy in England - it's too cold for them. Bless.

The climate pays dividends. South American youngsters have no desire to come and play for an academy in England - it's too cold for them. Bless.

Very true. A combination of factors makes it difficult to attract the young south American players. But once 1 or 2 have done it and made an impact more will follow.

i said this a while back theres no point us signing him we have a midfield capable of playing in english football and if he did come who knows he could play really badly in england and no adapt and there not ppoint forking out millions of pounds for him for a few years while we could be putting the money elsewhere and signing a few younger players and making them stars of the future!!

That's a good point St3vo, I'd hate to see players like SWP or J. Cole forced out of the team for some overrated, in it for the money, passed it, 'superstar'.

I strongly hope he doesn't come to us... If he isn't good enough for Barcelona's first team then he is no way good enough for ours!

That's a good point St3vo, I'd hate to see players like SWP or J. Cole forced out of the team for some overrated, in it for the money, passed it, 'superstar'.

I strongly hope he doesn't come to us... If he isn't good enough for Barcelona's first team then he is no way good enough for ours!

Belletti was a 3rd choice RB there and he's 1st choice here now.

If he can find his form back it'd definitely be a great signing, I think...

Barcelona have warned Chelsea off making a move for Brazil superstar Ronaldinho in the summer.

Ronaldinho has found himself in and out of the Barcelona team this season amid rumours he had fallen out with the management and was out of shape.

He has been linked with big-money moves to Chelsea, Milan and Inter Milan but Barcelona club president Joan Laporta insisted: 'As I have said many times, we don't want to sell Ronaldinho.

He has a contract, and he has said he is happy at this city and this club.

'Barcelona's obligation is to try to help him recover so that he returns to be how he was before. We are very grateful to him for what he has done for us.'

It all depends how serious the Lampard rumours are I guess. I'd much rather keep SWP and Joe Cole though.

Are you seriously saying you would prefer to have SWP as a winger than Ronaldinho???

Barcelona vice-president Ferran Soriano has revealed that the club is keen to extend Ronaldinho's current contract.

The Brazilian star's future at Camp Nou has been the subject of intense speculation for the last few months as he has struggled for form and fitness.

Milan and Chelsea have been strongly linked with a summer move for the former Paris Saint Germain ace, but Barca have repeatedly denied rumours of a transfer.

And Soriano has explained that the club are interested in extending Ronaldinho's current deal, which expires in 2010, while revealing that they have received a number of bids for the 27-year-old.

"We have rejected many offers from abroad," Soriano said.

"The player is not for sale, and at the moment we are looking to add a new contract."