Arsenal vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Arsenal versus Chelsea

ashcole.jpg

Saturday 18 April 2009, FA Cup Semi Final, Wembley, 17:15 KO

Chelsea face Arsenal at Wembley in a crucial FA Cup semi final encounter.

After coming from behind to seal a famous 1-2 win at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season, Arsenal's form was been exceptional over recent weeks and the North London side have since almost certainly earned Champions League football next season by opening an 8 point lead over Aston Villa. But under Guus Hiddink, Chelsea are a different proposition...

Can the Blues avenge their defeat by booking a place in the FA Cup final?

Match chat here :blue scalf:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody pissed off!!Whose idea was it to give Sentanta the FA Cup?!

Still erm a 1-0 win either way reckon,slim win ...hopfully for us....ahhh down the pub first time ever lol hope dont jynx it eeeek

lol watching football down the pub is awesome :P i had to sit through that 4-4 just now and i loved it (even tho i swear i died 4 times). Its great :D

I think the players will be relaxed in this game tbh. Specially that the awful defending ended up counting for nothing and the liverpool games are out of the way. The last 2 games have been close nightmares and a game at wembley in an FA Cup semi should add more motivation to put the defending of the previous week behind us. Another huge game against the 1 team i hate more than anyone else ever. I hope we just play it cool, keep it tight at the back and over power them. They have a tough match tonight and hopefully Villarreal will take them all the way. I'm confident about Saturday and i can't wait for the game now.

Time to sort things out boys!

Edited by OllieCFC

They have got a tough match tonight which I can see going to extra time, potentially. Either way, we'll have a day's extra rest and Arsenal have a few injuries at the back, including Almunia, Gallas and Clichy. Coupled with the momentum gathered from the euphoric celebrations last night, it should give us the confidence to go to Wembley, get an early goal and keep the lead for once :lol:

I think Arsenal might just narrowly win this match but do believe it will be a close contest. We have a lot of injury worries but managed well against Villarreal and have kept a good run of form lately. Slightly confident we might be able to get a 1-0 or 2-1 victory here.

I think Arsenal might just narrowly win this match but do believe it will be a close contest. We have a lot of injury worries but managed well against Villarreal and have kept a good run of form lately. Slightly confident we might be able to get a 1-0 or 2-1 victory here.

Hello there Ryan, got the email I see :P

We Will Win :thumbsup:

Score wise who really knows?

Theres know excuse really because after our game against Liverpool, We seemed fine to stay out until half five in the morning getting wasted.. Anyway i hope we beat them and avenge our 2 - 1 defeat, haha.. C'MON YOU BLUES :tiphat::blue scalf:

Chelsea, Chelsea, CHESLEA :D