David Villa

Aesthetic Relic

Villa over the years has been better than torres, torres blows up too many chances any barca, madrid fan or regular la liga watcher will tell you that...

villa has been struggling off late cos of the muppets incharge at valenica, one goes out another comes in, quique and koeman fucked with valencia in their own way..

They play him as target man, which he obviously can't.. so he wouldn't be the ideal replacement for Drogba

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa over the years has been better than torres, torres blows up too many chances any barca, madrid fan or regular la liga watcher will tell you that...

villa has been struggling off late cos of the muppets incharge at valenica, one goes out another comes in, quique and koeman fucked with valencia in their own way..

They play him as target man, which he obviously can't.. so he wouldn't be the ideal replacement for Drogba

In La Liga, yes. But in England he has 18 goals in his debut season and could easily get a dozen more.

• 1 month later...

Valencia striker David Villa has revealed for the first time that he may be on his way out of the Mestalla at the end of the current campaign.

The diminutive Spanish striker has lost faith in Los Che's ability to challenge the top clubs in La Liga and he believes a move away would be beneficial for his career.

Liverpool and Chelsea have been linked with Villa, while Tottenham are believed to be the latest club to have shown a strong interest and the player admits he would be willing to discuss a transfer.

Villa told Goal: "I have always listened when there have been offers and I am still determined to do what is best for my career, but of course with the consent of the club as I have a contract.

"I have to think about my future and that is what I am going to do. I will listen to anything, like I always have."

Valencia's struggle on the trophy front this season has affected Villa's form, with the former Real Zaragoza hitman managing to find the net on just eight occasions.

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of reports in various outlets today that say hes destined for the Bridge.

The rumour appears in this morning`s Sun. Spain`s 'Marca` is also on the case. The Sun claims that Chelsea have already been in contact with Villa`s representatives.

Maybe with a pinch of salt though as the same reports (Telegraph) state that Drogba is joining Mourinho at Inter with the same certainty, and that Shevchenko is on his way back to mental uncle Berlusconi .

• 11 months later...

ROMAN ABRAMOVICH is ready to demonstrate his commitment to Chelsea by bankrolling a British transfer-record bid for Spain striker David Villa.

Fresh from the outstanding attacking display that unhinged Liverpool in the Champions League quarter-final on Wednesday, Chelsea could boast even more firepower next season by moving for Valencia forward Villa in the summer.

Chelsea owner Abramovich’s enthusiasm for football has been rekindled and he is prepared to sanction a lavish offer for Villa, 27, who is one of Europe’s most sought-after talents.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are interested in him, but could struggle to match the £45 million price tag that debt-ridden Valencia will seek for their prized asset. Manchester City also held talks with Villa’s representatives in January and money is no object to billionaire owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

But Chelsea and Abramovich hope that if a move to the Premier League appeals, it will be to Stamford Bridge not Eastlands.

Speaking in February, Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck said: “Generally speaking what we would like to do is use internally generated cash to buy new players and by that I mean sell players and buy new players.

“But where an appropriate player comes along that is outside of that cash flow, then money would be available from the owner to buy that player. It all depends on the player and the circumstances.”

The brilliant Villa could be that player.

Villa is a world class player, no doubt. If we buy him, why dont we compare him with one of those striker, Drog and Anleka. And see whats the result. But tbh I would like to see Villa at S.Bridge.

not sure about the 45 price tag???..... :o

i think we should buy a less pricy and a younger player that can evolve into a world class player instead of buying villa.....

or just let franco di santo play more and start more games with Chelsea... ;)

and i don't think pavluchenko is THAT good.... <_<

What Crap.!!!

Villa will be 28 next season, and 45 million for him? :o

Id pay that amount and buy Benzema instead atleast he is very young and will have time to settle down.

Even Torres cost 26 million. 45 million is Bullshit.

Id pay 22 million for Villa. Take it or Leave it..

I dont get it,

Anelka Drogba Villa ?

Anelka = Top Scorer

Drogba = Main Striker

Villa = World Class

Who do we play?

Anelka will probably leave. Drogba is in Red Hot Form. Almost Unplayable. Couldnt say the same thing about Anelka when he scored those 15 goals. Sad to see him go, cus he hasnt done bad. But we need the best and not just good players.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You