Maicon

the wes

It's true in a way. Sign him for 4 years and you can sell him, even for £1000 to a Brazilian team. I still think it should be 2 max tho. Interesting deal.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Speaking to Calciomercato.it - Envoy for the Inter Sky - Massimiliano Nebuloni has issued some statements regarding market movements of the Nerazzurri. "Maicon was to appear today in retreat - these are his words - but his arrival was delayed until tomorrow. His agent is negotiating with Chelsea."

weird google translate, Here is the original Italian Quote maybe some italian members can Translate it.

"Ai microfoni di Calciomercato.it - l'inviato per l'Inter di Sky - Massimiliano Nebuloni ha rilasciato alcune dichiarazioni riguardo i movimenti di mercato della società nerazzurra. "Maicon doveva presentarsi oggi in ritiro - queste le sue parole - ma il suo arrivo è slittato a domani. Il suo agente sta trattando col Chelsea."

Lol I think we all forget not to long ago maicon was by a long shot along with ashley the best full back in the world and we will have him as a backup, last season brani/JT/cahill/luiz all went down, now we will have luiz/cahill/maicon/bertrand as backups, our team has so much squad depth this upcoming season

I thought we are trying to get the age down in our squad and that is why we will give a soon to be 31 year old a 3 year contract? We should have given drogba a 2 year deal instead of signing him if it will actually happen. But as you guys said he used to be good!

I thought we are trying to get the age down in our squad and that is why we will give a soon to be 31 year old a 3 year contract? We should have given drogba a 2 year deal instead of signing him if it will actually happen. But as you guys said he used to be good!

It's about blending youth + experience

Youth for flair, experience to calm nerves and build a platform for the youth.

Also, never underestimate that experience in helping to bring on our younger potential - you can buy many things in life, but EXPERIENCE can only be earned...

If we get Maicon it's a massive PLUS IMHO...

Also Drog wanted to carry on his excellent charity work and needed some big money to do that. I still think he will come back to coach at CFC - much like Vierra at City...

Its not like 2 years ago when our squad was littered with 28 plus players, since then we have let a lot of experience go while bringing in lots of youth (under 24), this is just to rebalance it out.

If we still had the squad we had 2 summers ago and to a lesser extent last summer then the deal would not make sense.

Guys i can see your point but i just would keep ivan and get a young rb so he can learn from him and slowly become our new rb! It could be hutchinson or a player like azpi! And the price would be about the same because maicon will surrley earn pretty much! But i can see him helping our squad :)

I'm all for getting youth into the squad but I think defence is the last place you want to risk forcing in the youth. I'm more than happy having an average age of 30 in the defense. Experience > anything in defence more than any other position in football.

Maicon at RB = Ashley Cole at LB, with the proper rest, they are capable of elite level displays at this point in their career. Would love him here as a bridge until Brana gets old enough to become the backup and we go looking for a first choice RB in 3-4 years.

I am not against this move.Hutchinson will be given the Ferriera role,which if you ask me won't be bad at all for him.Maicon will anyways leave in a year or two which will give Hutchinson enough time to develop into a regular starter or if not then the club to look at some serious right back candidates.

Anything more than a 2 year contract will be ridiculous. There's no way we'd be able to get rid of him considering his wages and we'd be stuck with yet another 32++ year old who barely contributes anything

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You