Maicon

the wes

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get where the second choice reference came from?

I think it's safe to say that starting RB is Ivanovic's to lose. Anyone we bring in, regardless of age will have to expect to come in as second fiddle, and earn the starting role if they can. At least, I think that's what he was getting at. From that perspective, it makes a lot more sense to buy Maicon, since with his age, he should be content with the second choice position. It's not like he's not going to play - Bosingwa played, what, 30 matches last seaon? 20 matches should be more than reasonable for Maicon to play in, and that reduced work load will be enough to keep him in form, but not enough to put him at increased fatigue or injury risk. And, it gives us time to wait a few years for our up and coming talent to develop, since they're not ready yet.

So Marca are reporting that Madrid have ruled out signing Maicon - Despite Mourinho's best efforts to convince them. Maicon preferred Madrid, but will have to settle for Chelsea. Seems like this will be concluded soon (this week).

I still think he'll come here and be first choice.

So Marca are reporting that Madrid have ruled out signing Maicon - Despite Mourinho's best efforts to convince them. Maicon preferred Madrid, but will have to settle for Chelsea. Seems like this will be concluded soon (this week).

Happy to hear this. Seems like a formality now :D

What about Ivanovic?!

After all Ivanovic has done for all us in recent years, there is no way someone is just gonna come in and push him aside as the 1st choice of the RB slot.

What about Ivanovic?!

Ivanovic, despite being decent at right-back, never really struck me as a natural in the position. There will be a lot of rotation between the two anyway i'd imagine (depending on opponent). I see Ivanovic leaving the club in the near future too.

Just my opinion, not getting into a debate on who's the better, but Maicon is just a more natural RB.

Maicon is expected to sign for Chelsea in the next few days. Personal terms agreed. [marca]

Get in! Does he still have pace btw? If so a good buy at a decent price hopefully.

How come we were so worried when Ivanovic was suspended for the UCL? How come Ivanovic won so much praise from both fans and pundits alike for his performances at RB? Does that sound like merely a 'decent' player to you?

Your condescension still doesnt change the fact that's its your opinion and I disagree.

Anyway, back to Maicon.

People rate Ivanovic so highly on this forum...

Lol says the guy with the Essien avatar. When was the last decent season Essien had? Ivanovic has been excellent since his first game for us.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You