Maicon

the wes

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good player, but he's 30 years old. Surely with Roman's heart set on lowering the age of the squad we wouldnt bring Maicon in when there are much younger options available, right?

I would be very happy with this signing. He is getting on in age, so he can expect less playing time, however he is still young enough to give us some quality years of service. So he is the perfect age. He is still a classy defender and has great experience and a winning mentality. With Ivanovic and Maicon as our two RB's we'd be more than covered for that position. In fact it'd probably be the strongest RB department in Europe. All in a perfect signing for the type of RB we are looking for. This is one story I hope is true as it makes alot of sense (I just hope he doesn't arrive on big wages).

Spurs fans will have a wank over this. They expect Bale to score hattricks against us now. He has some serious ability though, and while he may be 30 but he still has pace and stamina to burn.

If it makes anyfell better Maicon is turning 31 and Alves is 29...

and Age...

Stop mentioning his age. There's no problem with it. It's probably the only way we can get a good RB who is content with being 2nd choice. No younger player will settle for that.

He's a good signing! My only concern is his wage?

Unfortunately I suspect he'll be on a pretty hefty wage packet to compensate for the fact he will be 2nd choice.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You