Maicon

the wes

Chelsea are set to battle it out with La Liga giants Real Madrid for the signature of Inter Milan defender Maicon along with three other unnamed Premier League clubs, according to the players representative, Antonio Caliendo.

Caliendo claimed recently that Los Blancos were keen to take Brazilian International Maicon to the Bernabeu in the summer, with the wing-backs agent also declaring interest in Maicon from other clubs.

Now Caliendo has named Chelsea as one of the English sides keen in prising the former Monaco player away from the San Siro, but stressed that he thought the Nerazzurri were unlikely to sell Maicon unless a big-money offer was put on the table.

"Not only Real Madrid have asked me about Maicon," Caliendo told Terra.

"The other team that has asked about Maicon is Chelsea and there are also three other English teams that are interested.

"However, personally I think that Inter are not interested in doing business.

"I think that the only way they would let him go is if there is a very large proposal."

Maicon has been at Inter since 2006, with the Brazilian making 85 Serie A appearances to date during his time at the San Siro. Capped by Brazil 40 times, Maicon is under contract at the Nerazurri until the summer of 2011 and is valued in the region of £25million.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea have joined the race to sign Inter Milan defender Maicon, according to the Brazilian's agent.

Maicon's representative, Antonio Caliendo, recently claimed that Real Madrid and a number of other clubs are monitoring the 27-year-old's situation at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

Caliendo has now suggested Chelsea are one of the sides interested in the powerful wing-back, but he believes only a significant bid would tempt Inter into a sale.

"Not only Real Madrid have asked me about Maicon," said Caliendo to Terra.

"The other team that has asked about Maicon is Chelsea and there are also three other English teams that are interested.

"However, personally I think that Inter are not interested in doing business.

"I think that the only way they would let him go is if there is a very large proposal."

I reall don't see why we're after another RB when we've got 3 established players in that position in Belletti, Bosingwa and Ferreira, and in Essien and Ivanovic, two others who can operate there.

• 1 month later...
once again is that a joke?

Id say, Boswinga and Maicon are 2 of the best RB's in the world. Id put them ahead of Alves.

Boswinga has put in a class performance in the first season of the premier league. I hope he only gets better. Sometimes does some silly needless mistakes in the box while defending. Needs to get rid of that tendency. Going forward he is so swift almost like a winger. And the job he did on Messi by playing out of position, proves his defensive capabilities.

• 4 weeks later...

Real Madrid aren’t the only ones interested in Douglas Maicon, as Manchester City and Chelsea also prepare bids for the Inter star.

Right-back Maicon has said he is upset with his treatment at San Siro and felt “unappreciated” by the club.

While up until now Real have been the most likely option, others have now opened up, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport.

Inter must now weigh up three proposals to release their Brazilian defender.

Real Madrid have offered Wesley Sneijder plus £17m cash, a deal that interests President Massimo Moratti, who admires the Dutch international.

Manchester City know that Inter are considering a bid for Elano, so would put the midfielder on the plate alongside £7m.

Chelsea could well have the upper hand, though, as they can provide one of Jose Mourinho’s old Porto favourites as part of the deal – Deco or Ricardo Carvalho.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You