Gareth Bale

the wes

Bale was overrated as he brought out his best at the business end of the season( and won the PFA Awards). Hazard was awesome at the start, got a bit silent towards the middle and eventually made ground but by that time Bale has takrn centre stage. Besides Chelsea wasn't all about Hazard while Tott'num was virtually carried around by Bale. Barca signing Neymar also adds to RM's desperation and Bale's market value. I wudnt be surprised if 85m plus Coentrao will pull thru before this week.Hazard,on the other hand, is worth as much as CR7 right now considering his age.

C'mon, we all love Hazard, but this isn't true...

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is the thing you see, is Bale better than Hazard? No, he isn't, and that is just after one season for Hazard as opposed to the few Bale has had. Is Bale better than Mata? Not a chance, he has more pace but Juan can split a defence with a pass where Bale chooses these power runs and charges and ploughs through people.

So if Madrid are reading, and they want Hazard- we look forward to your opening bid of 200M......been nice chatting......aurevoir!!!

Hazard isn't even in the same class as Bale, neither is Mata.

Hazard isn't even in the same class as Bale, neither is Mata.

TBH, take away Bale's pace, what is he left with? He's a great finisher, but then again, some of the reasoning behind almost half of his goals was down to his ability to out pace his opponent.

He is an extremely athletic individual, something a player needs to have in this day of age in Football, but I feel he over relies so much on his pace and his physic. Bale is a better athlete, Mata is a better footballer

TBH, take away Bale's pace, what is he left with? He's a great finisher, but then again, some of the reasoning behind almost half of his goals was down to his ability to out pace his opponent.

He is an extremely athletic individual, something a player needs to have in this day of age in Football, but I feel he over relies so much on his pace and his physic. Bale is a better athlete, Mata is a better footballer

You can't just downgrade someones physical aspect like that, I've really never understood it.

Okay so what if Mata wasn't creative? Then what would he be left with? He wouldn't be anywhere near as good or useful.

Bale is a great player, proved that last season, and is a potential world player of the year. Hazard I haven't seen that yet, I rate Hazard high, and I think he can definitely be world class, but he seems to lack flair for me, he doesn't possess that type of flair what Bale has. Bale at the right moments scored those screamers, Hazard isn't capable of doing something like that.

You can't just downgrade someones physical aspect like that, I've really never understood it.

Okay so what if Mata wasn't creative? Then what would he be left with? He wouldn't be anywhere near as good or useful.

Bale is a great player, proved that last season, and is a potential world player of the year. Hazard I haven't seen that yet, I rate Hazard high, and I think he can definitely be world class, but he seems to lack flair for me, he doesn't possess that type of flair what Bale has. Bale at the right moments scored those screamers, Hazard isn't capable of doing something like that.

Mata doesn't over rely on any quality that he has. He's a great finisher, has great acceleration, great passer, great awareness, and great control. Abilities that are much more difficult and are based solely on football reasons, natural ability that he was born and raised with into enhancing and becoming the player he is today. There's a mass difference between creativity and athleticism in regards to a footballer. One criteria, defines a players footballing ability, the other, defines a players athletic ability. One is something you are born with, the other, something you train on.

Torres is an example of a a player that thrived on getting passed players, but once lost his pace, soon looked very average and his overall mentality soon lost his confidence.

Edited by Cicero

Mata doesn't over rely on any quality that he has. He's a great finisher, has great acceleration, great passer, great awareness, and great control. Abilities that are much more difficult and are based solely on football reasons, natural ability that he was born and raised with into enhancing and becoming the player he is today. There's a mass difference between creativity and athleticism in regards to a footballer. One criteria, defines a players footballing ability, the other, defines a players athletic ability.

Torres is an example of a a player that thrived on getting passed players, but once lost his pace, soon looked very average and his overall mentality soon lost his confidence.

Mata hasn't got great acceleration.

Having great physical aspects is also a talent you know, It's not a cheat in the game, Bale is a monster not only is he fast paced tall and strong, he's an excellent footballer. Did you see any of his crosses and passes he made during some of the games last season? He was taking the piss out of so many defenders. He destroyed Manchester City and Manchester United. Some of his touches are scary also, did you catch the one against Norwich, where he touched the ball past 3 defenders at the same time?

Mata is a very good player, but he's not in Bales class, that's why Gareth Bale is going for a huge fee. Yes he's not worth it, but that's what they will have to spend to get him simply because there's not many like him. Also he's got one of the best long shots I've ever seen, I though Ribery and Ronaldo where scary cutting in, Bale is on a complete different level.

Bale is not Theo Walcott, his game may rely on pace, but he's got end product and ideas, he can destroy any fullback or any defender.

Edited by Kojo

Mata hasn't got great acceleration.

Having great physical aspects is also a talent you know, It's not a cheat in the game, Bale is a monster not only is he fast paced tall and strong, he's an excellent footballer. Did you see any of his crosses and passes he made during some of the games last season? He was taking the piss out of so many defenders. He destroyed Manchester City and Manchester United. Some of his touches are scary also, did you catch the one against Norwich, where he touched the ball past 3 defenders at the same time?

Mata is a very good player, but he's not in Bales class, that's why Gareth Bale is going for a huge fee. Yes he's not worth it, but that's what they will have to spend to get him simply because there's not many like him. Also he's got one of the best long shots I've ever seen, I though Ribery and Ronaldo where scary cutting in, Bale is on a complete different level.

Bale is not Theo Walcott, his game may rely on pace, but he's got end product and ideas, he can destroy any fullback or any defender.

Mata may not be fast, but he does indeed have a great first acceleration. Something every Spaniard seems to have.

Hence, why I stated in this day in age, it's very beneficial having athleticism. However, most of Bale's goals have been him running past his opponent to score. Something to be very limited. If you take away that pace, what other criteria would he have then? it's an attribute you work hard to achieve, it it not something impossible. Mata's attributes define something he was born with, natural ability he has worked on to enhance his overall game.

Agree to disagree. I've just never been convinced by players who have shown to rely heavily on pace in which was his standout ability.

Mata played 65 games last season and got 20 goals and 35 assist's leading to 55 points (goals and assists combined).

Bale played 44 games and got 26 goals and 8 assist's leading to 34 points.

On average Mata gets a goal or assist 1.18 games where-as Bale gets a goal or assist every 1.29 game's, Bale's practically gave up his assist game to be some wannabe Ronaldo, Mata combines the two to almost perfection.

Mata played 65 games last season and got 20 goals and 35 assist's leading to 55 points (goals and assists combined).

On average Mata gets a goal or assist 1.18 games where-as Bale gets a goal or assist every 1.29 game's, Bale's practically gave up his assist game to be some wannabe Ronaldo, Mata combines the two to almost perfection.

:D

Why are people comparing Bale to Mata in the first place? You start stupid comparisons obviously it will lead to no conclusions and people just picking fights.

Completely different players and it would depend on your team and your playing style to determine who would be the better fit. Both are ridiculously dangerous in their own right.

I think Bale would be a beast in a fast paced counter-attacking team, like Jose's Real, he would be an absolute monster. While Mata would be a better option for possession based teams.

Combine the two and you get HAZARD HAHAHHAHAHAHA Game.Set.Match!

How should he fail? As long as he does not get injured, he is better than di Maria and would play on the right with Ronaldo on the left. Most deadly wings in the world.

Mata may not be fast, but he does indeed have a great first acceleration. Something every Spaniard seems to have.

Hence, why I stated in this day in age, it's very beneficial having athleticism. However, most of Bale's goals have been him running past his opponent to score. Something to be very limited. If you take away that pace, what other criteria would he have then? it's an attribute you work hard to achieve, it it not something impossible. Mata's attributes define something he was born with, natural ability he has worked on to enhance his overall game.

The opposite is the case, You can't work to have that BAle-esque pace. Sprinting ability is something you are born with cos an individual's stake of fast-twitch muscle fibres is genetically determined. Creativity, vision, passing ability is something you can practise. Pace is not.

Btw Mata's acceleration is pathetic. It may look ok because he is so small and always slows down after the first few steps but Mata is probably the worst athlete in our team.

Mata's finishing is far from perfection.

it's not true Bale "gave up his assist game". Bale had some awesome assists this season. It is just all those games where nothing went right for tottenham he could just take the ball and hammer in the top corner and he did this multiple times. That is something Mata can't do. Bale changes games himself, Mata always needs s.o. to set him up or finish his assist.

I know this is a Chelsea forum but Bale is a good deal ahead of Mata in terms of current ability and potential if you really have to compare the two.

How should he fail? As long as he does not get injured, he is better than di Maria and would play on the right with Ronaldo on the left. Most deadly wings in the world.

The opposite is the case, You can't work to have that BAle-esque pace. Sprinting ability is something you are born with cos an individual's stake of fast-twitch muscle fibres is genetically determined. Creativity, vision, passing ability is something you can practise. Pace is not.

Btw Mata's acceleration is pathetic. It may look ok because he is so small and always slows down after the first few steps but Mata is probably the worst athlete in our team.

Mata's finishing is far from perfection.

it's not true Bale "gave up his assist game". Bale had some awesome assists this season. It is just all those games where nothing went right for tottenham he could just take the ball and hammer in the top corner and he did this multiple times. That is something Mata can't do. Bale changes games himself, Mata always needs s.o. to set him up or finish his assist.

I know this is a Chelsea forum but Bale is a good deal ahead of Mata in terms of current ability and potential if you really have to compare the two.

You going to pull Bales dick out of your mouth now or aint you finished yet?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You