Gareth Bale

the wes

Who's better?

I can think of quite a few players who not only have achieved more than he by his age but also have been consistently good for many years not just 1 year.

Lampard, Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney. The only way Bale will be a legend in my books is if he can continue his form through the next years. Never have I seen someone with such luck, taking pot shots in the 90th minute and scoring. Luck runs out sooner or later.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can think of quite a few players who not only have achieved more than he by his age but also have been consistently good for many years not just 1 year.

Lampard, Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney. The only way Bale will be a legend in my books is if he can continue his form through the next years. Never have I seen someone with such luck, taking pot shots in the 90th minute and scoring. Luck runs out sooner or later.

No one said he was a "legend", just one of the best players in the world ATM.

I dont think you can call it "luck", I mean he has a good shot on him, he's a huge threat to the opposition, its true that you need a little luck, but thats not what makes Bale so good..

No one said he was a "legend", just one of the best players in the world ATM.

I dont think you can call it "luck", I mean he has a good shot on him, he's a huge threat to the opposition, its true that you need a little luck, but thats not what makes Bale so good..

Alex said Bale was the best British player since Gazza. That means he was better than all those Ive stated.

Plus I love English mentality. When someone English is really good at a particular sport, he is ENGLISH!!! When someone Welsh (Bale) or Scottish (Murray) is good at something they become British.

Ronaldo go back to United? Don't make me laugh, like United could afford his wages, nevermind the bloody transfer.

I've been reading that Nike has apparently agreed to help with the costs. I think it's less possible after SAF retired, but still I wouldn't rule it out.

Alex said Bale was the best British player since Gazza. That means he was better than all those Ive stated.

Plus I love English mentality. When someone English is really good at a particular sport, he is ENGLISH!!! When someone Welsh (Bale) or Scottish (Murray) is good at something they become British.

True, but saying so being the best Weslh or Scottish player does not sound very impressive.

I don't understand why there is not just a BRITISH premier league and a BRITISH national team. England + Gareth Bale would rock and trips to Glasgow would be nice, too. We in Germany also do not like Bavaria or East-Germany. Especially the former give us as much stick as the Scottish give the English. Still be don't say we are West Germans or Badener and the others are Ossies or Bayern or whatever, we are all Germans if we like it or not.

Anyway. I don't think Bale is better than Lamps was in 2005, who was THE consistent force for us winning the title by a record margin+ shield +Carling cup + good CL run which would have ened in glory, too if Liverpool had not been gifted a ghost goal. Bale only is the best player in a Euro League team and in a depleted Premier League. Lampard was the best player of the best team in the best league in the world when it was strongest. Bale is 4th or 3rd best player behind Messi, Ronaldo and maybe Ribery. All those three are not at their career-highs themselves. Lamps in 2005 was equal to Ronaldinho, who was at his very peak at which he was better than Messi IMO.

Wow such an insane amount of money, guy is a talent, certainly world class but the sums being mentioned are unbelievable. I mean Neymar, going to be the face of football in this World Cup year goes for half the price. Madrid astound me....

PS - I'd take a young Ryan Giggs over Bale all day long....

Funny how Kaka at Madrid is actually an even bigger flop than Torres at Chelsea, yet people tend to overlook him and make fun of Torres (not saying he doesn't deserve it, but the other guy too).

On topic: Bale is a fantastic footballer, I enjoy watching him even baring in mind he plays for Spuds. He's just brillant. This is too much money though, just way too much. He's worth 40, maybe 50M tops. This is not good for the market aswell. Think about it: for that price you could get two Hazards and a Mata. :D

Funny how Kaka at Madrid is actually an even bigger flop than Torres at Chelsea, yet people tend to overlook him and make fun of Torres (not saying he doesn't deserve it, but the other guy too).

On topic: Bale is a fantastic footballer, I enjoy watching him even baring in mind he plays for Spuds. He's just brillant. This is too much money though, just way too much. He's worth 40, maybe 50M tops. This is not good for the market aswell. Think about it: for that price you could get two Hazards and a Mata. :D

I would take just 1 hazard or mata over bale any day of the week tbh

Well this is the thing you see, is Bale better than Hazard? No, he isn't, and that is just after one season for Hazard as opposed to the few Bale has had. Is Bale better than Mata? Not a chance, he has more pace but Juan can split a defence with a pass where Bale chooses these power runs and charges and ploughs through people.

So if Madrid are reading, and they want Hazard- we look forward to your opening bid of 200M......been nice chatting......aurevoir!!!

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/gareth-bale-may-not-train-in-hope-of-forcing-real-madrid-move-8746444.html

So if the newspapers are right he may refuse to train. Very professional. I wonder what would happen if I refused to work to get a promotion. Footballers don't live in the real world

Well this is the thing you see, is Bale better than Hazard? No, he isn't, and that is just after one season for Hazard as opposed to the few Bale has had. Is Bale better than Mata? Not a chance, he has more pace but Juan can split a defence with a pass where Bale chooses these power runs and charges and ploughs through people.

So if Madrid are reading, and they want Hazard- we look forward to your opening bid of 200M......been nice chatting......aurevoir!!!

On current form Bale is better than Hazard I'm afraid. He was an absolute monster last season, and while Hazard was very impressive also - not as much as Bale. The majority of the world would take Bale for sure if offered the choice between both players. Bale won awards - two of them actually.

Stop being so biased.

On current form Bale is better than Hazard I'm afraid. He was an absolute monster last season, and while Hazard was very impressive also - not as much as Bale. The majority of the world would take Bale for sure if offered the choice between both players. Bale won awards - two of them actually.

Stop being so biased.

Stop being so anti-Chelsea...two can play that game pal.

Isco has a potential to be like zidane. He has that eye for pass, close ball control, occasional elegance, strength on the ball, shot power, two footed, skills and is still very young.

He will shine more than people expect him to, I just know it. If we didn't have so much attacking midfielders, at the begining of last season I wanted us to snatch him for his earlier release clause of 15mil euros..

Stop being so anti-Chelsea...two can play that game pal.

I gave Hazard praise too - so I'm not sure how my comment was anti-Chelsea. Also I see nobody else really challenged it on a CHELSEA forum. I guess most of them live in the real world.

Stop being so defensive. I'm not trying to wind you up.

Bale is indeed better than Hazard right now. But Hazard has the higher ceiling.

I'm not too sure about that either. Both look like they can hit top level. Who becomes the best is yet to be seen. There are lots of things that can happen. Currently Bale is making the biggest progress.

Bale is indeed better than Hazard right now. But Hazard has the higher ceiling.

This. Hit the nail right on the head.

Hazard can be as good as CR7, in my opinion. He's a slightly different type of player, but in terms of actual ability they are frighteningly alike. I see a young Cristiano in Eden.

Bale is fantastic but can he reach that absolute next level? I don't think he will. I think he'll have a magnificent career and he is already a top, top player, but will he reach the level of Messi, Zidane, Figo, CR7? I'm not so sure he will.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You