Gareth Bale

the wes

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Mata is by far a better player than Modric, and far more dynamic as he can play in a wing position. Ergo we do not need playmakers, we need wingers, and Bale is better than the rest in the EPL, in my opinion. Valencia a close second.

Alves is talking up Bale in his press conference today.

Typical Barca tap up tactics. Soon Xavi will say that Bale needs to come home. At least when Chelsea tap up players it's in private motels with armed thugs, gosh.

Chelsea fans seem to believe that Bale is just a brainless speed merchant but he is so much more then that. He actually is a good dribbler, he turns defenders inside out and he has a brilliant shot and cross on him. Juan Mata is currently leading the whole league in chances created this season and if we had a wing wizard consistently running through like Bale then we would be a very dangerous outfit. The thing is Spurs would never sell him to us so I'm just dreaming !

The most impressive thing I see with Bale is that pace with control. It's very rare to find players who can just about do both, let alone excel in it as Bale does. For all of Ramires' pace, his dribbling and control isn't his best asset.

Because Mata is a left-winger and a playmaker. Meaning he can be compared with Bale and Modric. Modric and Bale cannot be compared.

Mata & Modric may be playmakers but they are not 100% the same. One plays in CM and dictate the play/tempo from there & can get forward to support the attack if needed while the other plays further forward & look to play through balls for the forward players.

I appreciate that, I'm just saying there are strands of similarity between the two. However the comparisons between a winger and a playmaker are laughable... might as well compare Petr Cech with Robin van Persie.

Mata is still different player than Modric. Like Xavi and Iniesta. Modric (xavi) is more accurate at passing, likes to pass for sure and stands a little more defensibly than Mata (iniesta). Still goes in attack, dribbles takes shots, but not that much as Mata. Mata is faster, better finisher, worse passer, but still very good. All time in attack, combining passes with others (possibly Modric in attack). Also modric is CM, while Mata is CAM or winger.

About Bale, he is great, but Barca and Real have most chances. He is not cheap and his speed is biggest atribute. Hazard is very similar type, not that fast, but still quick. And better in everything else...I would take hulk any time over Bale, because he is bit different and could add something new to squad with his bomb shots and very good strenght.

James Rodriguez is another option for LW. Not fast player, but very good in dribbling, crossing and shooting. Compared to CR. Maybe if Hazard falls of James/Lavezzi and Hulk would be great.

This would be dream team for me;

Brana-luiz-terry-cole

Mvila-Modric

Mata

Hulk-Torres(at his best)-Hazard

coach: Mou assistant: RDM/Zola

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You