Gareth Bale

the wes

Bale's not the phenomenon many would have you believe after his 12/13 season at Spurs, but he's not average. Far from it. He's a player with certain specific qualities, who can thrive in a certain set-up.

Look at Sanchez for example. Not quite good enough for Barca, struggling to shine in their system. And his quality was questioned. But reborn at Arsenal with the space in the PL, space he needs, and a greater role in terms of importance.

Even Fabregas wasn't good enough for Barca. Lacking the speed of thought, ability to turn away into space when receiving the ball, and the sense of knowing exactly where to position yourself in midfield. So he became a squad player (he still played a lot of football though, but missed out in the big games), eventually used in advanced positions, but that was never going to work.

I think Sheva. said it best one or two pages back, he'd be great domestically but wouldn't help the team in Europe. But Chels is already the best side in England. Strengthening the team overall, helping maintain the position of power in the PL, and going for a young offensive player with world-class potential would be smarter imo.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strengths:

1. Has pace

2. Direct and powerful

3. A goalscorer - from free kicks, long distance or in the penalty area

4. Strong header of the ball

5. Good crosser of the ball

Weaknesses:

1. Needs space to be effective

2. Technically average on the ball (makes him a limited player when there's no space)

3. Average from creativity perspective

Bale sucks in almost every big game.

He won't help us in Europe, but him, Cesc, Costa and Eden will dominate this league so easily.

That depends. If we go all counter-attack in Europe, then he might be helpful.

Strengths:

1. Has pace

2. Direct and powerful

3. A goalscorer - from free kicks, long distance or in the penalty area

4. Strong header of the ball

Weaknesses:

1. Needs space to be effective

2. Technically average on the ball

3. Average from creativity perspective

He is basically a one trick pony imo. Speed+powerful shot.

And when defenders start to know and understand him he has very little to fall back on. Therefore he'll never be amongst the world elite imo

If you compare him to Ronaldo for example, who might seem similar at first sight, he offers so much more. His techique, passing, dribbling, off the ball running are all much better than Bale which is why he has more influence in tighter games.

The only way in which he would improve us, is in our counterattack, in which he would be superb, no doubt. And in which we have been serious lacking this season i feel

It is crazy to think how people write of a player because of 1 average season. Are people seriously forgetting how good he was at Tottenham? When you go to Real, you are not the big star anymore. He is one of them and he is not as big as Ronaldo. However even he has his flaws in an apparent 'average season' he still has 17 goals this season and 10 assists and will have more by the end of the season. Last season he had 22 goals and 16 assists. That is bloody impressive. Real fans can jeer him but in the long run he will be beneficial to them as Ronaldo is 30. Ronaldo will still be playing to a very good level at 34-35 I think because of how he conditions himself but I think they will regret selling Bale if they chose to. Many of Ronaldo's goals are all down to Bale as well.

Remember his last season in the prem before he left for Real he scored 26 goals and made 10 assists. If those stats don't mean anything then really....... Not only does he score goals but his pace and ability to get past his man would create loads of goals for Costa and co. Add to the fact that he is a goalscorer as well.

I don't understand why people would not want want him here. He would add much more quality to our team and dealing with Hazard and Bale would be a living nightmare. The thing is about football with a lot of fans, is that they are very unforgiving. You see a player have a dip of form and write him off without ignoring his qualities and what he has done. Bale is only 25 as well. Will improve.

He was only that good at tottenham because here he has tons of space. He can bassically run the whole field.

Hes too technically limited, he is actually a bad footballer. In the premier league he will be good because its so fast and physical and less about technique

Bale needs space? Yeah I agree with that. But people seem to forget the Bale can make his own space.. He has played in the PL, its like people have forgotten that. He doesn't need a long stretch of green ahead of him, if he gets that quick burst of pace (like Willian does) then he can rip through defenders. I remember at Tottenham when he was deployed in the middle v Norwich and has a worldies against them.

You've all seen what Mourinho has done with Hazard over the last two years, his influence has been outstanding. He can easily do the same with Bale, nurture him to be a more effective winger and then he can have Hazard, Willian and Bale rotating.

I don't think anyone here has suggested we swap them, that would be entirely counteractive. But both of them? That would be a dream & a nightmare for defences.

Bale is technically a bad footballer!????

WTF

If he is technically a bad footballer then I'll be a monkeys uncle!

People go on like Bale is a 100m sprinter who Real Madrid gave a chance for the single fact that he can run lol.

Bale is quality tbh!

I changed my mind i only want this guy this transfer period. Just the thought of having him and Hazard makes me jizz my pants. I would take Reus as a 2nd back up for Bale but someone like him is a must to dominate.

Cause he's a winner

A winner? He won no trophies at Tottenham. Fair enough he won the CL, Fifa Club World Cup, Super Cup and Copa Del Rey at Real Madrid in 2 seasons but a 25 year old who has won 4 trophies in 9 years, two which are pretty meaningless and are really just exhibition trophies, hardly say hes a really winner (although he did score two goals in those two cup finals), he couldn't inspire a team to win a trophy by himself, inspire others around him in the dressing room to win, I mean he couldn't even get Spurs back in the CL? Winner? Not really in my eyes. People who are winners, are people like Jose, like Drogba, like Messi, like Ronaldo.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You