Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Gareth Bale

Started by the wes,

967 posts in this topic

He is lw, means Hazard would play on right side.

He sure knows how to defend for a winger, is strong and tall enough.

Young and ready to move to a CL club. Certainly he would play better in better club.

Small problem; 40mio if we are lucky to get him so 'cheap' from Spurs.

He is younger than Modric and Levy rates him higher (said once that Bale is perfect player).

I realy liked this player at the beggining (specialy that game vs Inter), but he didnt fill that high potential since. He is very good, but not realy Bale from that game. Another problem is that he reminds me on Robben, fast, dribbler and powerfull shot, but injury prone and unconsistant.

Would be happy if he joins us, but probably wont. Hulk is equaly great player too.

Meh, contract renewals mean nothing. So he's staying this one season, this time next year the rumour mills will turn again.

Meh, contract renewals mean nothing. So he's staying this one season, this time next year the rumour mills will turn again.

Not necessarily. Falcao?

He signed a new contract at Porto - which increased his release clause - but left for Atletico a couple weeks later.

Ah yes!

Then again, Porto isn't chaired by Daniel Levy :lol:

Sheva. likes this

He has likely been told that he won't be leaving this summer because Modric will. If Spurs miss Champions League again next summer then he may have something in his contract to allow him to go then. And I suspect a healthy pay rise for staying at least next season.

Yup if we can get him for say 35-38m he will be a brilliant signing.He is that X-factor player that we dont have currently if hazard is not playing.

He is a very powerful winger. Strong, tall, fast. Physically he is like Cristiano Ronaldo. My biggest problem is that I don't think he can beat players with technique, he needs his pace to do so. Giggs was fast as all hell, but he could still beat a player using a bit of trickery and technique. I'm not too sure Bale is capable of that. He might become useless if he loses his pace, much like our golden haired demi god.

I can't stand how he presents himself to the media. He has a pathological need to argue and justify with the media that he isn't one of those 'foreign diving types'.

I fucking hate Bale with a passion, the fact this thread exists on these boards is sickening.

Still doesn't cancel out the fact that he's probably the best winger in the PL. Unfortunately there is no space for him in our team and Tottenham won't sell him to us unless we offer them silly money.

As Alex has pointed out, as if Spurs are gonna sell him to us. Will be a waste of time dealing with Daniel Levy especially after he played hard ball over a 40m offer for Modric previously.

Would rather Torres sign a new 10year contract worth £1m a week than sign this diving overrated piece of shit.

I really do hope you are the only one with that opinion