Shaun Wright-Phillips

DavidEU

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
On his way to Pompey now Muntari has joined Mourinho, according to several media stories this morning.

Erratic form, and incredible that the club paid £24 million for him....

Yup, that fee seems absurd now looking back!!!

I can't see it happening until we either sign Robinho or another player similar. Basically we won't let him go without our replacement being in place.

I don't think he was such a flop. Nowhere near as consistent as I'd have liked, but he was good in some games.

Well he wasn't awful. But at the end of the day he has had enough time now and we need to be seeing more from a player in his position.

Well he wasn't awful. But at the end of the day he has had enough time now and we need to be seeing more from a player in his position.

Agreed. Was worth nothing near the £21 million we paid for him in the end, but as GZ said, he put in a lot of effort; just a huge shame it never worked out.

Edited by BlueLion

Sounds like Huge Phil is going to keep him on...

''Chelsea are cooling their interest in Brazilian international Robinho because Real Madrid keep changing their asking price, and are now considering giving Shaun Wright-Phillips another chance to prove himself this season.

The England international was told earlier in the summer that he would be allowed to leave for the right price but a decent showing in pre-season has caused Luiz Felipe Scolari to reconsider this.''

Independent

I'm not too unhappy about this -he is frustrating sometimes but gives 100% and can be devastating. Crap crosser generally, but then a lot of wingers are, Gronkjaer anyone ? -why the fuck dont they practice more of this at Cobham, along with more set piece practice is anyones guess.

Sounds like Huge Phil is going to keep him on...

''Chelsea are cooling their interest in Brazilian international Robinho because Real Madrid keep changing their asking price, and are now considering giving Shaun Wright-Phillips another chance to prove himself this season.

The England international was told earlier in the summer that he would be allowed to leave for the right price but a decent showing in pre-season has caused Luiz Felipe Scolari to reconsider this.''

Independent

I'm not too unhappy about this -he is frustrating sometimes but gives 100% and can be devastating. Crap crosser generally, but then a lot of wingers are, Gronkjaer anyone ? -why the fuck dont they practice more of this at Cobham, along with more set piece practice is anyones guess.

Yeah but Gronks wouldn't get anywhere near our team now though! At the end of the day it would be a mistake for us to not sign a winger. If you polled fans at the end of last season what position we need to upgrade most it would be winger.

Even in the Ghengdu game SWP was wasteful too many times. We know what we are getting from him and we know that it isn't good enough. We would seriously regret it if we did not bring in a world class winger this summer......

Yeah but Gronks wouldn't get anywhere near our team now though! At the end of the day it would be a mistake for us to not sign a winger. If you polled fans at the end of last season what position we need to upgrade most it would be winger.

Even in the Ghengdu game SWP was wasteful too many times. We know what we are getting from him and we know that it isn't good enough. We would seriously regret it if we did not bring in a world class winger this summer......

Maybe, or a replacement for Drogba -but as you've highlighted before, there is no fan democracy when selecting players. Big Phil calls the shots, and if hes been impressed with the wee man ....

We came within a gnats pube of several trophies last term, and it was Grants ineptitude, and lack of leadership -that JT has alluded to - that cost the lack of silverware...

Maybe, or a replacement for Drogba -but as you've highlighted before, there is no fan democracy when selecting players. Big Phil calls the shots, and if hes been impressed with the wee man ....

We came within a gnats pube of several trophies last term, and it was Grants ineptitude, and lack of leadership -that JT has alluded to - that cost the lack of silverware...

Indeed it was. But still doesn't hide the fact that we are in desperate need of a world class winger. For me Scolari's comments do not mean that SWP will definately stay, he will certainly not in an interview ever say a player is leaving or not in his plans because you never know what can happen.

At the end of day it is obvious that Scolari wants Robinho at the club, Scolari does not get involved with the negotiations so he will have in his mind who Robinho is to replace, it may be SWP it may be Malouda it could even be Drogba depending on what formation we are set to play next season.

If Malouda does go then i would be happy to keep SWP and bring in a world class winger. BUT if it were a choice of Malouda and SWP to go then you have to say that Wright-Phillips has had enough chances now.

Indeed it was. But still doesn't hide the fact that we are in desperate need of a world class winger. For me Scolari's comments do not mean that SWP will definately stay, he will certainly not in an interview ever say a player is leaving or not in his plans because you never know what can happen.

At the end of day it is obvious that Scolari wants Robinho at the club, Scolari does not get involved with the negotiations so he will have in his mind who Robinho is to replace, it may be SWP it may be Malouda it could even be Drogba depending on what formation we are set to play next season.

If Malouda does go then i would be happy to keep SWP and bring in a world class winger. BUT if it were a choice of Malouda and SWP to go then you have to say that Wright-Phillips has had enough chances now.

I can understand the frustration at SWP, and Malouda seemed like a lazy cunt several games last term. Often players need the threat of exile to get the best out of them - Malouda has proven talent, SWP has pace and ability to take on and beat players, score fantastic goals, and even cross accurately. Too often hes given the ball away, first touch is pony, -this is more erraticsm of form than shiteness, and needs coaching -shouting at, imo to get the consistent SWP performing that everyone raved about at Man City. If Robinho doesnt arrive and SWP is not performing by Christmas consistently, kick the dwarf out.

I can understand the frustration at SWP, and Malouda seemed like a lazy cunt several games last term. Often players need the threat of exile to get the best out of them - Malouda has proven talent, SWP has pace and ability to take on and beat players, score fantastic goals, and even cross accurately. Too often hes given the ball away, first touch is pony, -this is more erraticsm of form than shiteness, and needs coaching -shouting at, imo to get the consistent SWP performing that everyone raved about at Man City. If Robinho doesnt arrive and SWP is not performing by Christmas consistently, kick the dwarf out.

Too late by then, we have gone long enough now without having the devestating impact players on the wing we need, the closest we have is Kalou with pace and ability to run at players but he seems to play better in a central role as a striker. We need big game players. Is SWP going to get any better? Did he look better in a poor Man City team? I just feel he has had enough time now, we need improvement there and SWP is the obvious casualty.

Too late by then, we have gone long enough now without having the devestating impact players on the wing we need, the closest we have is Kalou with pace and ability to run at players but he seems to play better in a central role as a striker. We need big game players. Is SWP going to get any better? Did he look better in a poor Man City team? I just feel he has had enough time now, we need improvement there and SWP is the obvious casualty.

Lol, wouldnt say its too late -it's not as if he gets regular runouts. Lets wait and see, maybe Big balls Phil will get the best out of him, or lose patience.....

Lol, wouldnt say its too late -it's not as if he gets regular runouts. Lets wait and see, maybe Big balls Phil will get the best out of him, or lose patience.....

Well Kalou is going to miss the start of the season so either Malouda or SWP will be starting. I honestly don't think there is any more to come from him! I still believe we will sign a big name winger, and it will be interesting to see what happens then, with the press reporting that both SWP and Malouda are in Scolari's plans.....