Michael Ballack

the wes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be a mistake to give Ballack a new contract. He isn't the same player anymore and is becomming a liability, we need to freshen up our team in the summer and for me Ballack would have to be one of the ones to make way for someone younger and hungrier.

I think it would be a mistake to give Ballack a new contract. He isn't the same player anymore and is becomming a liability, we need to freshen up our team in the summer and for me Ballack would have to be one of the ones to make way for someone younger and hungrier.

I agree he is just a goal post in the midfield !

I agree he is just a goal post in the midfield !

I agree hes been pretty poor of late , but he came pretty close to scoring last night, and there wouldnt have been these posts if he had.

Couple of seasons ago Lampard was getting slated left right and centre for similar performances, now the sun shines out his arse.

Ballack should be dropped for a couple, and any subsequent poor performances, but kept on as a bit part player ala Scholes, and given reduced terms imo. If he doesnt like it he can fuck off.

I agree hes been pretty poor of late , but he came pretty close to scoring last night, and there wouldnt have been these posts if he had.

Couple of seasons ago Lampard was getting slated left right and centre for similar performances, now the sun shines out his arse.

Ballack should be dropped for a couple, and any subsequent poor performances, but kept on as a bit part player ala Scholes, and given reduced terms imo. If he doesnt like it he can fuck off.

For the recent matches, he had been pretty on target, but still can't find the net.

He needs to be more clinical to prove himself.

Lampard has never been that bad !

Lampard has never been that bad !

You'd of thought he was Satan judging by the slagging he was getting by a large proportion of fans couple of years ago.

Ballack has been pony, but couple of goals and everyone will be singing Uber Alles again

You'd of thought he was Satan judging by the slagging he was getting by a large proportion of fans couple of years ago.

Ballack has been pony, but couple of goals and everyone will be singing Uber Alles again

He could have put that goal away near the end and still would have been a poor performance. For me he is becoming a liability. He covers a lot of ground but his contribution is minimal and he is losing the ball far too much. From the last half a dozen or so games i wouldn't have Ballack or Malouda near my starting 11, especially with Essien back.

He could have put that goal away near the end and still would have been a poor performance. For me he is becoming a liability. He covers a lot of ground but his contribution is minimal and he is losing the ball far too much. From the last half a dozen or so games i wouldn't have Ballack or Malouda near my starting 11, especially with Essien back.

He should be dropped , but to just discard him would be foolish imo. Had he put the one at the end away, or the header there wouldnt be these posts.

Malouda and Ballack could be replaced by Stoch and Mancienne, but I dont agree with some of the Kalou bashing thats appeared of late...

He should be dropped , but to just discard him would be foolish imo. Had he put the one at the end away, or the header there wouldnt be these posts.

Malouda and Ballack could be replaced by Stoch and Mancienne, but I dont agree with some of the Kalou bashing thats appeared of late...

Kalou hasn't been on form of late for sure, but he can always make something happen.

The thing with Ballack for me is that we have Mikel, Essien and Lampard as our best midfield. We need to make space in our squad to allow us to build something for going forward with our ageing squad.......

Do thnk he is getting on a bit, can be world class, just doesnt seem to happen all that often these days. Gives away a lot of free kicks and loses the ball often too, would still prefer to see someone younger and more of a playmaker come in for him Like Van Der Vaart or maybe even Diego

• 1 month later...

11:00 AM 24 April, 2009 nographicsLarge.jpg Zenit St Petersburg could be about to move for Chelsea Football Club’s Michael Ballack.

Although the Blues have extended the Germany international’s stay at Stamford Bridge until the end of the season, Zenit have placed him at the top of their wanted list.

The Russian giants are set to offer Ballack a hugely-lucrative package to make the move, and German legend Lothar Matthaus believes a transfer could be on the cards.

"At Chelsea Ballack is just present rather than right in the thick of things,” he told Sport Bild. “He is a nominal player at the big London club - that is not an insult.

"The squad is packed with top stars. To establish yourself as a leading player there is hard. Ballack has not managed it. He is always in the first team. The question is only: for how much longer?"

• 1 month later...

I can't believe there isn't a thread on here about Ballack. In my opinion, he's gotta go this summer. His wages are what 120,000? There are far too many matches where Essien and Mikel are forced to play in the holding role because for whatever reason Hiddink still thinks Ballack is our best option at Central Mid. Ballack has been incredibly painful to watch this year. He has no power on his shots anymore, plays piss poor defense, and is holding back some of our other players from getting time in midfield. His passing which always looks fantastic for Germany has been so hit and miss with him playing all kinds of balls straight for the defender. When he got his 2nd yellow in the 2nd leg of the Barca match I was actually thrilled because I can't stand seeing the man in our Starting XI.

He has 1 year left on his contract right? I'm not opposed to him staying next year as long as the new manager doesn't decide to keep sticking him in the starting XI, but for my own sanity I'd like to see him sold this summer. I'm not sure who would be willing to pay for his wages, but selling him back to Bayern (either Munich or Leverkusen) would be wonderful. This might also give Joe Cole that chance to play in the midfield role more often next to Frank.

Sincerely,

Ballack's Biggest Hater