The Proudest Moment?

BlueLion.

I was really proud of our boys after our game against Barcelona last year. We totally outplayed them, the so-called 'best team in Europe' created not 1 shot on goal until that 93rd minute goal of Iniesta. Messi was invisible that match. Despite my frustration took the overhand during and after the game, i realised that it was a performance to be proud of and that we should have been deserved winners.

+1. Cried like a baby till about two hours after the game. Couldn't believe my eyes when the fucking ball went in. It was about 4 in the morning here when the match ended and it was probably my worst 'morning' ever. But I couldn't begin to tell you guys how proud I was of the lads and the support staff. In my eyes, our play over the two legs against the so called 'best team in Europe' was the best over the last few years. What a game, what a night. But alas, we was robbed.

Edited by Madmax201010

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The proudest moment were the days after we had lost the CL final and the days after that Iniesta goal - without a doubt.

But to bring back some happiness ( :P ) that penalty by Lampard, Joey's 2-0 against United 2006, Lampard's goal at Bolton 2005, Essien's screamer against Arsenal, Frankie's 2-0 last season at Anfield, Didier's 5-0 against Wigan the week after cause that meant he'd won the Golden Boot finally last season and Drogba's winning goal 1-0 against Barcelona... I think it was 2006 in the group stages. blue%20scalf.gif

• 5 months later...

My proudest moment was last March when I took my 8 year old to his first game at The Bridge. My dad took me to my first game back in 1972. I remember we played Man City, and sat on the benches in the old east stand. My son's baptism was West Ham. We had seats in the west stand lower, Just by the shed. He wore his orange 'Cech' jersey, and a blue woolen hat and scarf I'd bought for him.

We are going this March to the Man City game. I think he's more excited than me!

I cherish too much memories as a Chelsea supporter,every game adds some special things even the ones we take for granted (against lower teams for example).Even though i hate the bastard but the injury time goal that Gallas scored against Spurs was one to come to my mind,it is not a major achievement or a trophy but that goal got me insane.The screamer Di Matteo scored back in the 99' Fa Cup Final was truly something special one of a kind.All the titles and trophies brought me so much joy,especially when we won them against Arsenal or the local rivals (not many others though).But to watch Chelsea play from week to week and to support the club in the lows and the highs is something no one can take away from you,that is the memories we all have and will take it to our kids and so on,keep the faith lads.

Wow :) I have three dreams in life - I want to get married to a loving wife, have a daughter I can walk down the aisle and a son I can take to watch Chelsea, like my dad did with me.

and why not proud to take your daughter to games ...or watch her play football ...loved watching both my boys play ...now my grandson plays rugby..but love that as well ...with regard to chelsea some of my proudest moments have been when we were beaten but fought against the odds to the very end..

For me, winning the Champions League, then the world club championship would complete the journey. We went from mid table to top 6, then top 3, top 2, champions. Now we need to win the big one to be known as the best team in europe then the other one to be the best in the world then whatever happens from there, happens.

Di Matteo's goal was in 97 u croatian bitch :P

Proudest moment so far....not sure really, theres been so many. I'm always proud of this team, every season is completely different. I was proud when we beat Arsenal 4-1 at the emirates just 4 days after the heartbreak of Iniesta's late equaliser and also the 1-1 at the emirates in 2007 when we had just realised the premiership wasn't coming home, brilliant reaction tho, brought a tear to my eye. Of course the FA Cup 97 will have a special place in my heart too, at 10 years old in Brighton watching with lots of my family in the pub. The first trophy of this generation. Then the few we won after that between 97-99, just a joy to be apart of.

Edited by OllieCFC

• 3 months later...

Growing up supporting the blues since the 70's there's obviously been so many moments where I'd seen so much disappointment (& some promotions - good times!) So when we won the FA Cup in 1997, it had to be my most special moment & brings back some fantastic memory's of that era when we played some fantastic football.

Super Frank scoring those goals to win us our first title comes a close second, I was getting lashed with 2 of my bro's who are massive fans like me & along with some blues supporting mates we had one hell of a night!

For atmosphere at the Bridge, it was the 5th April 2000 MH Upper (I still have the ticket!) V Barcelona, we won the game 3 - 1 & the stadium was rocking for the whole game. Also the Stoke game last season when we won the game 7 - 0 the Shed end lower's atmosphere that day just fantastic & both games just stand out for me.

Of course I'd be proud to take any child of mine to watch my team... I've just always wanted a son I could take to games... I've always imagined three generations of the Hinsley household sitting together watching the Blues :)

You never know, they may grow up to be Gooners. :Goober:

Not sure what my proudest moment is because it varies from season to season but most recently it would have to be the 3-1 victory at Anfield (2x Ivanovic, Drogba). That match was fucking immense.

• 2 months later...

You never know, they may grow up to be Gooners. :Goober:

Not sure what my proudest moment is because it varies from season to season but most recently it would have to be the 3-1 victory at Anfield (2x Ivanovic, Drogba). That match was fucking immense.

If that's the case they can go into fostering.