The Proudest Moment?

BlueLion.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probs after the Arsenal game aswell, that 1-1 that we lost the league. Was almost in tears after the whistle not because we lost our crown but because of the amazing effort we put in and the togetherness at the end. There's loads of games ive felt proud, tbh. 2 days ago is certainly up there and Valencia away in 2007. Arsenal in 2004, Bolton 2005, Still remember Brugge in 1995 lol because we were a mid table side then. Vicenza 1998, Stuttgart 1998, Man utd at old Trafford in 2005 was amazin too. Theres many occasions really for me

Being in the Clock End at the Library in 84 when Kerry scored was probably my proudest moment, seeing large groups of Chels in all parts of the ground going fucking tonto will live with me forever. At least 15,000 crammed in the Clock End was fucking mega.

Up at Main Road in 89 when we done them 3-2 in the 2nd Div when we won it. Estimated 12,000 chels up there seen us race to a 3-0 lead before almost letting city back in. What about Dorigo's goal?!

Obviously in recent times there's been probably too many to mention. The ones I tend to think back on are times when the Likes of the Arse and the Handbrakes had us down as no threat to them.

Probably hard for the younger fans to appreciate, But our away support from the late 70's to the late 80's was fucking mega, seriously awesome...and we were shit for most of that time :rolleyes:

Edited by changingman2000

• 3 months later...

It would have to be after the 1-1 against Arscum in 07 which seems to be the same for a lot of people. We didn't deserve to lose the championship that day, we played amazing.

And the champions league final. Even though we lost i felt proud of the boys after all that happned that season with jose going etc. We did brilliant just to get there. Proud moment watching them in that game.

• 2 months later...

Wow, I cant decide, I will never forget Di Matteo's 43 second goal in the 97 FA Cup final, I was 13 at the time and went with my dad to the Bridge to watch it in the bar (I cant remember which one we were in now) I remember thinking as we kicked iff 'come on, an early goal would be perfect' and in it went, I ran screaming, jumping, I just couldnt believe it.

Next up would be Ranieri's celebration to Bridge's goal vs Arsenal in the CL, It was one of them moments where I was so proud to be a CFC fan, at the time, Ranieri was in the media spotlight, will he keep his job, will RA bring someone else in next season etc! When that goal went in and you saw how much it meant to him, when he was nearly crying with joy, I wanted him to stay.

And finally, the 2-0 win against Bolton to win the PL, I was shaking throughout the match and when Lamps rounded the keeper to net the second goal I was overcome with joy, I cried, to see the players celebrating infront of the fans, to see Mourinho call his wife with the news, to see Roman down on the pitch linking arms with JT and FL, it was truly a special day, and one that will live with me for ever.

• 5 months later...

probably against monaco, at 3-2 down we all knew we were out and in the last 5 minutes the mhl started singing keep the blue flag flying high within a moment the ground was on its feet singing people were in tears as well at the time but to look round and see that i just felt so proud .Dont think it had the same effect on the tv but anyone who was there that night will understand what i mean.

Without a doubt one of our best moments, the whole entire support was just excellent that night despite the result. Don't think there wasn't a fan on their feet singing along in those closing minutes.

The cup Winners cup final where Zola came on and with his first touch scored :D

Obv the Arsenal win becoz of the fact that we pretty much lost everything to them before that

The win against Portsmouth at home in 2006 - the main reason being that it was my first live game at the Bridge and there is no greater feeling in the world than getting off that train, walking out of the station, turning left and thinking "I'm home" :D

• 1 month later...

so many memories reading this thread ...how magnificent we have been in defeat at times and superb in victory ..

one memory no one has mentioned ...coming from behind with 10 men to hammer those despicable hammers ..

seems so much more poignant todayblue%20scalf.gif

I was really proud of our boys after our game against Barcelona last year. We totally outplayed them, the so-called 'best team in Europe' created not 1 shot on goal until that 93rd minute goal of Iniesta. Messi was invisible that match. Despite my frustration took the overhand during and after the game, i realised that it was a performance to be proud of and that we should have been deserved winners.