Juventus vs Chelsea

Juventus vs Chelsea

10 March 09, UCL Round of 16, 2nd Leg, 1945 KO, Stadio di Torino

44103_news.jpg

In-form Chelsea head to Turin to face Juventus in the second leg of their UEFA Champions League tie.

Didier Drogba's exquisite goal gives Chelsea a 1-0 aggregate lead heading into the return fixture, but all is to play for against the Bianconeri.

Match chat here.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd certainly take a draw, but we can't just sit back on a 1-goal lead, we need to try and score at least. If we don't score but go with the mentality of trying to win the game then we will have more chance of winning since they will be on the back foot, but if we aim to protect our lead and simply defend then at some point we will be carved open.

Grr got a staff meeting Tues night :( hopfully though the end result of the game be better then last time we had one on a footie night which was the Champions league final..

BL defo agree.We sit and try and defend we're gana concede.

We need to score first get an early goal and then keep trying.No way can we go to bloody pens or worse loose!

Essien back is a huge boost.

The team I'd like to see play is...

GK: Cech

RB: Bosingwa CB: Terry CB: Alex LB: Cole

DM: Essien DM: Mikel

CM: Lampard

RW: Stock LW: Kalou

ST: Drogba

This lineup gives us everything imo. It gives us a steady defence, With Essien and Mikel controlling our passing, They will likely start an attacking midfielder so its vital for us that, If we want to play it flat, We play to holding midfielders. There att midfielder will just put one of our DM under pressure, So playing two would stop Lampard playing deeper, What Ballack and Lampard had to do against Coventry. I know Stoch will probably not feature but I'd play him in this kind of match. We need pace, and he certainly provides it. If a big high ball comes up to Drogba, and he lays off a ball to Stoch at the edge of the area, Stoch is more than capable of turning his man and firing a shot on goal. This is two big of a game to throw Carvallho into, So i'd leave him out. If we line up with this, We are unlikley to conceed to play, and we would be more than capable of scoring.

no sissoko for us.

looks like it will be marchisio-poulsen

i want us to play a 4-3-1-2

------------------buffon----------------------

molinaro--chiellini--legrottaglie--mellberg

-----------------poulsen---------------------

-------marchisio---------tiago--------------

-----------------giovinco-------------------

-------del piero----------trezeguet-------

Sissoko suffers injury setback

340x.jpg
Mohamed Sissoko has broken a bone in his left foot which may keep him out for the remainder of the season.

The Mali and Juventus midfielder suffered the injury on Saturday during Juve's Serie A game against Torino. Sissoko was injured after coming on as a substitute in Juve's 1-0 win.

The Mali international is definitely out of Tuesday's Champions League second leg tie with Chelsea.
Edited by 5354

Nicolas Anelka doubtful; Essien in for Juventus

nicolas-anelka_84421t.jpg

Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka is unlikely to have recovered from an ankle injury in time to face Juventus.

Midfielder Michael Essien could return to the starting line-up after coming off the bench in Saturday's 2-0 win at Coventry, his first game in six months.

SO F'N ANNOYED

The one game i look forward to all season and they dont show it on TV, this is only like the third game that has not been shown here in australia all year and it had to be this one :(

please don't play malouda. even if we do, play him say 45mins? and let stoch up.

other than that, we shld be able to get a draw.

if we are playing malouda, i am very worried.

how did essien play when he came on?

He got stuck and looked like he'd never been away, wasnt afraid to play.

So will be fantastic to have him back for such a big match

He got stuck and looked like he'd never been away, wasnt afraid to play.

So will be fantastic to have him back for such a big match

He looked a bit tentative for a few challenges, but yeah, he needs to play a part in what is Chelseas biggest game of the season....so far...