Andriy Shevchenko

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we should give him one chance. and arrival of carlo can be the turning point of his carrear in premier league. and dont forget he is a finisher. and why give him 7m pounds just fucking play him for this year and then let him go.

Olympique de Marseille have reportedly rejected the chance to take Chelsea forward Andriy Shevchenko to the south of France next season and the Blues are now ready to offer the Ukrainian veteran to Olympique Lyonnais and Monaco, according to a report in Aujourd’hui Sport.

The 32-year-old goal-getter spent last season on loan at Milan after enduring a difficult two-years at Stamford Bridge, where he is still contracted. The Rossoneri aren’t expected to gamble on signing ‘Sheva’ on a permanent basis as he made very little impression at all last season.

Two mediocre campaigns in the Premier League mean that Chelsea are trying to find a new home for the former Dynamo Kyiv man as a matter of urgency. OM have already turned down the chance to take the 2004 Ballon d’Or winner to the Stade Velodrome and the report from France suggests Chelsea will now offer the ageing forward to Lyon and Monaco.

OL, though, have their eyes on different targets. As well as Porto’s Lisandro Lopez, general manager Claude Puel is reputedly interested in a move for Valencia’s Nikola Zigic, a giant of a centre forward, who netted 13 times on loan at Racing Santander last term. It is believed that the Spanish outfit, who are in well publicised financial difficulties, are seeking €10 million for the 6ft 8in striker.

Lyon, it seems, will not gamble on Shevchenko, however, Monaco could be tempted into a move. Lacking a world-renowned forward for several years, les Monegasques are attempting to rebuild a formidable squad, the like of which carried them to the Champions League final of 2004.

Shevchenko’s wage demands may simply prove too much for the Mediterranean coast club, who have boasted forwards the calibre of Juergen Klinsmann, Christian Vieri, Javier Saviola, Thierry Henry, David Trezeguet and Fernando Morientes in the past.

Olympique de Marseille have reportedly rejected the chance to take Chelsea forward Andriy Shevchenko to the south of France next season and the Blues are now ready to offer the Ukrainian veteran to Olympique Lyonnais and Monaco, according to a report in Aujourd'hui Sport.

The 32-year-old goal-getter spent last season on loan at Milan after enduring a difficult two-years at Stamford Bridge, where he is still contracted. The Rossoneri aren't expected to gamble on signing 'Sheva' on a permanent basis as he made very little impression at all last season.

Two mediocre campaigns in the Premier League mean that Chelsea are trying to find a new home for the former Dynamo Kyiv man as a matter of urgency. OM have already turned down the chance to take the 2004 Ballon d'Or winner to the Stade Velodrome and the report from France suggests Chelsea will now offer the ageing forward to Lyon and Monaco.

OL, though, have their eyes on different targets. As well as Porto's Lisandro Lopez, general manager Claude Puel is reputedly interested in a move for Valencia's Nikola Zigic, a giant of a centre forward, who netted 13 times on loan at Racing Santander last term. It is believed that the Spanish outfit, who are in well publicised financial difficulties, are seeking €10 million for the 6ft 8in striker.

Lyon, it seems, will not gamble on Shevchenko, however, Monaco could be tempted into a move. Lacking a world-renowned forward for several years, les Monegasques are attempting to rebuild a formidable squad, the like of which carried them to the Champions League final of 2004.

Shevchenko's wage demands may simply prove too much for the Mediterranean coast club, who have boasted forwards the calibre of Juergen Klinsmann, Christian Vieri, Javier Saviola, Thierry Henry, David Trezeguet and Fernando Morientes in the past.

seems sheva may end up at Roma, that is if man utd sign vucinic. if not, i wouldn't mind seeing sheva back for one more try (considering both drogba and kalou will miss time due to the African tourney)

I find it strange that a lot of people want him back at the club but they all keep going on about our squad being too old and our wage bill being too high. Get rid of him and bring in someone better and younger

I find it strange that a lot of people want him back at the club but they all keep going on about our squad being too old and our wage bill being too high. Get rid of him and bring in someone better and younger

i agree :rolleyes:

Sheva vows to honor Chelsea contract

andriy_shevchenko12_794449c.jpg

FORGOTTEN man Andriy Shevchenko has vowed to honour his contract at Chelsea.

The Blues packed the flop off to AC Milan last season after two dismal campaigns in London.

But Shevchenko insists he is determined to impress new boss Carlo Ancelotti during the final year of his contract.

The 32-year-old striker said: "I will join Chelsea in pre-season training on July 9, then we will see what happens.

"I have spoken to the coach who has given me an appointment for pre-season training.

"I have one year left on my contract with Chelsea and I intend to respect and honour it in the best possible way."

Shevchenko scored just twice in nine starts during a disappointing loan spell with Milan.

His poor return in front of goal has reportedly not put off Roma from weighing up a bid but the Ukrainian claims his first priority is proving his worth at Stamford Bridge.

Sheva added: "If there was a concrete offer then I would evaluate it together with Chelsea.

"If it will not be possible to continue my career at Chelsea then I will look at other options.

"I consider [Roma boss] Luciano Spalletti a great coach, serious and prepared.

"He is able to bring out the best of his players and when I met him there was a good feeling between us."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...p;ATTR=Football

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm... some good fresh "young" strikers we have right now!!

Nicolas Anelka - 30

Didier Drogba - 31

Andriy Shevchenko - 32

<_<<_<

Edited by CJ Revo

A lot depends on what our transfer activity is. But he would still be an option for us if we are willing. But to have such an ageing attack with no sign of anything to carry on from them is a worry.

Andriy Shevchenko is set to be offered a megabucks deal to end his Chelsea career - by moving to Qatar!

The 32-year-old striker will return to Stamford Bridge on July 1 having finished his one-year loan at AC Milan but it is unlikely he will start the season with the Blues.

Even though former AC Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has taken charge at Chelsea, regular football is far from guaranteed after failing to impress in the Premier League previously.

Shevchenko, however, knows that he could struggle to find a new club unless he takes a cut on his current £110,000-aweek salary, although Qatar side Al-Gharafa Sports Club are keen to take the Ukrainian star on the same wages.

Al Gharafa are desperate to sign bigname players to bolster their global interest and as the champions of the Qatari League, they plan to add Shevchenko to their side having already signed Brazilian star Juninho from Lyon this summer.

Shevchenko may have a problem convincing his family to make the move. If that proves a stumbling block, he could move to Lyon or Roma, who are interested but on nowhere near as much money.

never happen, his wife is definitely calling the shots regarding transfer spots, but have you seen her, I'd try to keep her happy too.

Seriously though, I really want to give him one more chance. How bout keeping him until the jan transfer window to see how he's progressing?

Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko is considering an offer to return to former club Dinamo Kyiv.

Shevchenko, 32, is back with the Blues following a season-long loan at former club AC Milan.

But despite his recent assertion that he wants to see out his contract at Stamford Bridge which still has 12 months to run, Kyiv have made an approach to the Ukraine striker to return home.

Shevchenko has largely disappointed following his £30million arrival from Milan three years ago.

"We've made a proposal to Andriy to return to Dinamo as a player and then, after his retirement, to become part of the coaching staff," revealed president Ihor Surkis.

"His reaction to this proposal was very positive. Everything now depends strictly on him."

:wave:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You