Andriy Shevchenko

Rumour is that we are going to be paying 90% of his wages.

Absolutely ridiculous. Who makes these decisions for f**k sake?

90% jeez thats ridiculous, i think if he goes its should be on a permanent deal, considering we are looking for a new striker and kenyon has apprently just flown out to madrid to try and sign robinho

Edited by STEV3O

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather just allow him to go on a free and cut him out of our wage bill than pay 90% of his wages for him to play for another club.

The following season, the same will happen, and he'll see out the remainder of his contract like Crespo did.

It's a joke.

I'd rather just allow him to go on a free and cut him out of our wage bill than pay 90% of his wages for him to play for another club.

The following season, the same will happen, and he'll see out the remainder of his contract like Crespo did.

It's a joke.

it is a joke, and look shev might not of hit his prime in a Chelsea shirt but i still think he has alot to give at another club. we should not be the ones having to pay for his salary if he is not even playing he should be going to a club where he can actually earn his money..

Shame. Worked his fucking arse off - he only scored 22 goals but so many of them were important - goals against Spurs, Valencia and Villa stick out in the memory. I don't want to see him go because I still have faith in him, but I'd rather see him leave altogether than go out on loan.

22 goals, but only 9 in 49 league games.

The stick he gets from the media is deserved.

yes if you look at it like that, look we did buy him to score goals i know but he has tried really hard and at the end of the day if hes not delivering its time for him to move on

I really want Sheva to prove everyone wrong but with injuries and stuff, he cant ever get going. But I really want him to salvage what is left of his career. He tried his best but I want him to do well, and if that means leaving than so be it. :( :(

He was in top form at the turn of the year and it would be a shame if he's not given more of a chance.

45 minutes of good football does not count as 'top form'.

He was amazing against Villa, but it was by no means going to be the turning point for him.

22 goals, but only 9 in 49 league games.

The stick he gets from the media is deserved.

Don't agree with that, maybe if he wasnt trying but he really does work his arse off so alot of the stick is not deserved

• 7 months later...

andriy_shevchenko.jpg

Chelsea's £30million flop Andriy Shevchenko is heading BACK to Stamford Bridge.

The striker's loan deal with AC Milan ends in May and they will not pay the £9m fee to keep him.

He has failed to make an impact at the San Siro and coach Carlo Ancelotti, who is in line to take over from Guus Hiddink, is not including him in his plans.

Worse for Chelsea is Sheva, 31, will claim his £121k-a-week salary and he has TWO years left on his deal after this summer.

The only way they can offload him is to make him a free agent though they could still have to pay him compensation.

-----------------------------------

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2395237.ece

-----------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...

<h2 class="padding-bottom-7" style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;"> DYNAMO KIEV are ready to rescue Andriy Shevchenko from his Chelsea nightmare. </h2> Shevchenko, 32, is due to return to Stamford Bridge in the summer after failing to impress during a loan spell at AC Milan.

With Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti expected to replace Guus Hiddink as Blues boss at the end of the season, the striker's chances of resurrecting his career in London appear slim.

But Dynamo president Igor Surkis insists he would be happy to see Shevchenko return to the Ukraine.

Surkis said: "For such a player, our doors will always be open.

"Andriy wants to continue to play at a high level — and we can give him this chance."

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/category/clubs/roma

Roma are reportedly interested in Chelsea misfit Andriy Shevchenko, reports the Daily Mail.

The Italian side would expect to take the Ukraine striker on a free transfer.

The 32-year-old has a year left on his contract but has been told he can leave Stamford Bridge and are even considering paying up his £7million a year contract rather than welcoming him back after a loan spell at AC Milan.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You