Andriy Shevchenko

Zenit St Petersburg are ready to make a lucrative offer to Chelsea outcast Andriy Shevchenko, according to reports in the striker's native Ukraine. Dynamo Kiev also want him and would give the 32-year-old a coaching role, but they could not compete with Zenit's financial offer to pay him almost £60,000 a week.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe he still has quality left, especially if given a minor role (i.e. only the occasional start to give some of the drogba, anelka, etc. some rest).

anelka, drogba, sheva, sturridge, kalou, di santo (i have removed pizarro as he must be sold, loaned, beaten, etc.) shouldn't be to many strikers to rotate a bit. i could definitely see di santo going on loan again though.

that being said, if Chelsea brings in another striker, i see sheva being sent off somewhere at a discounted price. he would eat up the french league if given the chance.

LMAO at the pizzaro beating bit :D. I dont know about shevva...As a bit part yes...But he doesnt ever want to be a bit part player...And Di Santo, and Sturridge should just be given his time to add to their own bit part player time to become more experienced. He may still have the heat for the EPL but i cant convince myself he can really help Chelsea as a club. For me him and Pizzaro should leave. Again, just my opinion.

Andriy Shevchenko has been offered an escape route from Stamford Bridge by Fenerbahçe, three years after Chelsea broke the British transfer record to sign the striker from AC Milan for £30.4 million.

The Ukrainian has failed to recapture the form that made him one of the most lethal strikers in the world and returned on loan to Milan last season. He has one year left on his contract and has been courted by Roma and Monaco, both of whom were unwilling to meet his wages of about £120,000 a week.

• 1 month later...

Andriy Schevchenko's Chelseacareer seems finally over - after the Ukrainian was told he will bedumped from the Blues’ Champions League squad.

NewChelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti appeared to give the £30million flop achance of redemption on Friday when he declared the Ukrainian still hada “future“ at Stamford Bridge.

ButShevchenko blew his top when Ancelotti - with whom he fell out duringhis nightmare loan return to AC MIlan last term - told him he wasconsidered as the fourth choice striker behind Didier Drogba, NicolasAnelka and Salomon Kalou.

Ancelottiexplained to Shevchenko that he would get his chance in January, whenDrogba and Kalou, along with Michael Essien and John Obi Mikel, will beon African Nations’ Cup duty.

That was not enough for theUkrainian, who responded that, while his priority interest was stayingin London for family reasons, he would rather leave now than spendmonths warming the Cheslea bench.

Ancelotti’sterse response was to put the Ukrainian firmly in his place, pointingout that it was up to the club, not the player, whether he was sold butShevchenko, who was left out of the squad for Sunday’s win at Fulham,was also told he would not be included in the 25-man Champions Leaguesquad.

Shevchenko, who wasout of sorts during the club’s open training session at Stamford Bridgeon Tuesday, is now resigned to leaving, hoping for a possible return tofirst club Dynamo Kiev or to make a move to Russian outfit Zenit StPetersburg by Tuesday’s 5pm deadline.

TheUkrainian knows any chance of a move back to Italy is over, with theSerie A sides now viewing the striker, who turns 33 on Saturday, as abusted flush.

Chelsea willbe willing to let him go for free but have no interest in making up anyshortfall in his £120,000 per week wages, forcing the player who standsas the symbol of Roman Abramovich’s excessive expenditure to take a cutif he really wants out.

www.mirrorfootball.co.uk

Andriy Shevchenko wants out of Chelsea.

The Mirror says new Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelottiappeared to give the £30million flop a chance of redemption on Fridaywhen he declared the Ukrainian still had a “future“ at Stamford Bridge.

But Shevchenko blew his top when Ancelotti - with whom he fell out during his nightmare loan return to AC Milan last term - told him he was considered as the fourth choice striker behind Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka and Salomon Kalou.

Ancelotti explained to Shevchenko that he would get his chancein January, when Drogba and Kalou, along with Michael Essien and JohnObi Mikel, will be on African Nations’ Cup duty.

That was not enough for the Ukrainian, who responded that,while his priority interest was staying in London for family reasons,he would rather leave now than spend months warming the Chelsea bench.

Tribalfootball.com

Sky Sports News sources understand that Dynamo Kiev are in negotiations to sign Andriy Shevchenko.

The experienced striker returned to Chelsea over the summer after a frustrating season on loan with AC Milan in 2008/9.

However,he has been unable to break into the Blues side this term and hisprospects of regular football at Stamford Bridge appear bleak.

CarloAncelotti admitted earlier on Friday that he would be prepared to letShevchenko leave Stamford Bridge after holding talks with the player.

Dynamo are interested in bringing the 32-year-old back to Ukraine and have made contact over a possible move.

Shevchenko is now expected to fly out to Ukraine this weekend to discuss a deal.

The striker made his name with Kiev at the start of his career before heading to Milan in 1999.

He enjoyed seven successful years with the Rossoneri but has struggled to play to the same level since joining Chelsea in 2006.

Sky Sports News

I think Sturridge would definately gain more from this. He would be pushed up in the order of number of strikers. I think if anything happens to Anleka during ACON then we should get Di Santo back. Also, if we are so bothered about the lack of strikers, should call up Borini for small games. From what i've seen, he scores lots in the reserves and is a deadly finisher. Better if we could mold him sooner then later.

OFFICIAL: Dynamo Kiev Announce Andriy Shevchenko Signing From ChelseaThe Ukrainian returns to his homeland...

Aug 29, 2009 4:59:56 PM

The Ukrainian striker has failed to impress at Stamford Bridge after his £30m move from A.C. Milan in 2006.

After spending last season on-loan to A.C. Milan in a bid to return to form, Shevchenko returned to Chelsea where he did not prominently feature in Carlo Ancelotti's plans. 

The 33-year-old held talks with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich and concluded the move would be best for both parties, with the Russian releasing Shevchenko from the remaining 11 months on his contract.

The striker returns to his old club to lead the Ukrainian side to Champions League success.

According to Dynamo's official website, Shevchenko's official unveiling will take place tomorrow, August 30th at 15:00 with FC Dynamo Kiev President Igor Surkis and coach Valery Hazzaeva welcoming back their favourite son.

Will Ashwell, Goal.com

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You