Chelsea vs Juventus

BlueLion.

Italian teams are known for their ability to sit back and soak up the pressure. Thats the only thing that concerns me. Breaking through their defence. We shown this season when we're up against a team like that we struggle.

A clean sheet is the most important thing in this game, getting a goal is a bonus.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-0 Hopefully

I'd be happy with not conceeding, Thats the main aim IMO, Then we go to Italy and play swift counter attacking football, If we get an early goal there we can defend.

I dunno. We should try to score as many as possible (at least 2 goals) to give us advantage over the away tie. If we can, then we go to Italy and defend our aggregate and play counter-attack.

I dunno. We should try to score as many as possible (at least 2 goals) to give us advantage over the away tie. If we can, then we go to Italy and defend our aggregate and play counter-attack.

If we go attacking, they will expose us on the counter attack. I'd sit back for the first half and give balls up to Drogba. Then with about 20 minutes to go, When defenders are tired, Bring on Stoch. A Clean sheet is the main priority imo

If we go attacking, they will expose us on the counter attack. I'd sit back for the first half and give balls up to Drogba. Then with about 20 minutes to go, When defenders are tired, Bring on Stoch. A Clean sheet is the main priority imo

Yes, clean sheet is the main priority. Still if we go there without a goal, the chances of us going out are higher...

Ranieri on Hiddink`s effect, Zola the man?

The ex-Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri, who is set to face Chelsea on Wednesday in what promises to be a thrilling Champions League Face Off, when Italian giants Juventus face off with Hiddink`s men think his side are ready to face Chelsea.Ranieri was quick to praise Hiddink for what he has brought to Chelsea and expected a tough encounter.

We will think of Chelsea who today showed that they are a great team which can count on attackers like Anelka and Drogba and midfielders of the likes of Lampard and Ballack who are capable of running forward. We know that we will be laying against the team who lost the last Champions League over a missed penalty but we will go there and we will play with our determination. When a Coach leaves, there is always the desire to fight back and prove the critics wrong Today they had another tempo to their game. We know that we are facing a tank, one of the contenders for the Final, but we are going there to play our football with humility and also the belief we can do well.I don’t meant to criticize Scolari, but I would always play two strikers like [Didier] Drogba and [Nicolas] Anelka. Having said that, people keep telling me I should field a trident, so there are always complaints!I watched Chelsea today and noticed Hiddink has given the team a good way of keeping possession and more cross-field passes.

Ranieri`s men recorded a 2-0 Serie A victory away to Palermo.David Trezeguet marked his full comeback with a goal set up by Amauri, silencing critics who said the two forwards could not form a partnership. Something Anelka and Drogba can relate to.

When asked about Zola`s link to Chelsea, Ranieri said he had been impressed with Zola’s work coaching the Italy under-21 team and since taking over at West Ham United in September. ‘Gianfranco Zola is doing very well as a manager,’ Ranieri says. ‘Could he be a good choice for Chelsea? Why not? He has a great history with the club and the fans would be very happy.’

Ranieri admits that he doubted Zola’s suitability for top-flight management. ‘At the beginning I didn’t think Gianfranco would do so well,’ he says. ‘I don’t know exactly why I have been surprised by how well he has done, but I just didn’t think he could do this for a big team. Yes, I thought he may be a good coach for younger players, like the under-21s, because he sets a great example. But I’m very happy for him, surprised and very happy.’

Ranieri said he expects one of the most emotional games of his career on his return to Stamford Bridge. ‘It will be fantastic for me, my emotions and my memories,’ he says. ‘I hope the fans give me a good reception.’

Source = CFCBlog.net

Quaresma isnt eligible for CL. Well done Kenyon.

But on the plus, I'm sure Stoch was listed in our CL squad...

Why is Kenyon blamed? I would blame the scouts or Scolari for not finding a better option, not Kenyon...

Maybe you're right, he was on Scolaris wishlist and Kenyon would have sanctioned the loan deal. But no, Biru, maybe we are bit hard one the Manc slimeball, I'm sure hes Chels through and through really.

I don't understand why just because he isn't a Chelsea supporter, he is blamed for things that aren't actually his fault.

Chelsea lose Deco for visit of Juventus

Chelsea will be without Deco for Champions League first-leg match against Juventus at Stamford Bridge tomorrow night. The midfielder has a minor hamstring tear which is expected to keep him out of action for the next few days.

Ricardo Carvalho is on the brink of a return following a hamstring problem but Michael Essien is not likely to be considered, despite returning to training after a knee ligament injury, while Joe Cole is out for the season with knee ligament damage of his own.

guardian.co.uk

I don't understand why just because he isn't a Chelsea supporter, he is blamed for things that aren't actually his fault.

Like I said, he would have sanctioned the signing. Only cares about cash and getting his CL medal. Bloke is a bumhole.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to welcoming Ranieri back -fantastic bloke.