Chelsea vs Juventus

BlueLion.

Chelsea vs Juventus

Claudio Ranieri returns to Stamford Bridge as Serie A giants Juventus face Chelsea.

The Italian has turned the Bianconeri into a genuine challenger for the Serie A title after a season of rebuilding last term, and are now second only to José Mourinho's Internazionale. Returning to the home of the club where he had an enjoyable yet fruitless reign, the Tinkerman will hope to have the last laugh, but Frank Lampard, John Terry, Nicolas Anelka and company might have a thing or two to say about that...

Match chat here.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This match is getting closer and closer, what is it 10 days away or something. Please god lets hope Guss can get the better of cludio this time. Raniere has the upper hand in the meetings winning 4 and losing 2.

our line up will most likely be

---------------buffon---------------

molinaro -- chiellini-- legrottaglie--grygera

nedved---sissoko--tiago/poulsen--camoranesi

-----------del piero---amauri-----------

you guys most likely will hurt us down the wings, shoudl be a tough game. so hard to predict. at the start im guessing we will park the bus but we wont be scared to attack, juve need to exploit our ability from set pieces.

Edited by SempreJuve

maybe, but then again we went for the win at the bernabeu so why shouldnt we here?

Cus this is a knock out. That was a league round. Here away goals count, Goal aggregate counts. So Juve will be more cautious. It will be a similar game to that of Roma's at the bridge.

But I hope Juve show some attacking skills. I am excited to see Del Piero finally playing against us.

Edited by warnie_666

I highly expect Juventus to throw everything at us early on to get an advantage to take back to Turin. In del Piero they have probably the best striker in world football over the last 10 years, and he is by no distance finished - he can punish us in an instant with his quality. I would imagine Juve would be happy to take a 0-0 back to Italy, but I expect them to look for an away goal at the Bridge and play a more cautious game in the second leg. That's certainly what I would do, because if you don't try and play at Stamford Bridge, and just try and defend, no matter who you are, 9 times in 10 you will be opened up.