Aston Villa vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Thought Villa were pretty average last night, especially Young and Agbonlahor -overated shite

Yeh but its us,teams that have been crap previosuly seem to become amazing

And we're on Sky lol only won 2 prem games that have been shown on there...jynx

Hopfully though new manager..new start (again) and can keep pressure for 3rd/2nd!

Edited by Laylabelle

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh but its us,teams that have been crap previosuly seem to become amazing

And we're on Sky lol only won 2 prem games that have been shown on there...jynx

Hopfully though new manager..new start (again) and can keep pressure for 3rd/2nd!

Blimey didnt know that about Sky !

Got a good feeling about this game -Drogba will get at least one ;) , impressed with his recent comments. Think the players want to play for Hiddink....

Blimey didnt know that about Sky !

Yep lol oh wait tell a lie we've won 3 games..out of 10..doesnt sound as bad but still a bit crap!

Pompy-Won

Spurs-Draw

Man you-Draw

Boro-Win

Scum-Loss

Blackburn-Won

Arsenal-Loss

West Ham-Draw

Man you-Loss/trashing

Scum-Loss

Edited by Laylabelle

In all honesty, I'll be disappointed if we don't get a result tomorrow, we are the better side out of the two even if recent results contradict that. Plus its the first game under Hiddink, which may be a massive incentive for the players to go out and perform.

If we play like we did Sat just a bit more wam up front and not so bad at set pieces we have a good shot.Just I think Villa be the more confident so hopfully that be their downfall and we can break the loosing/drawing streak there.Cant afford to full furthur behind them/ Liverpool

I really hope we win this game.... because Arsenal will close the gap on us to two points if we don't, and they win.

I actually had a dream about this game last night, we won 7-1. First goal came in the first minute, Lampard strikes from the penalty area, Brad Friedel tries to gather but he misses and rolls under his body :lol:

I actually had a dream about this game last night, we won 7-1. First goal came in the first minute, Lampard strikes from the penalty area, Brad Friedel tries to gather but he misses and rolls under his body :lol:

:D your dreram was better then mine

I had a dream we lost..2 goals in the last mins..come to think of it that be Scum all over agains ahhh come on Chels!!!

TEAM NEWS: ASTON VILLA V Chelsea Posted on: Sat 21 Feb 2009 Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka and Salomon Kalou all start in the first selection by Guus Hiddink.

Behind the attacking three, the midfield is a familiar one and in defence, Branislav Ivanovic makes way for John Terry, Paulo Ferreira replaces suspended Ashley Cole at left-back and José Bosingwa returns, with Michael Mancienne back on the bench.

Both Villa's injury doubts have been passed fit. Emile Heskey partners Gabriel Agbonlahor in attack and James Milner will play wide on the right of midfield.

Chelsea will line-up in a 4-3-3 formation as follows:

1 Petr Cech

17 José Bosingwa

33 Alex

26 John Terry ©

21 Paulo Ferreira

13 Michael Ballack

12 John Mikel Obi

8 Frank Lampard

21 Salomon Kalou

11 Didier Drogba.

39 Nicolas Anelka

Substitutes: 40 Hilario, 2 Branislav Ivanovic, 44 Michael Mancienne, 35 Juliano Belletti, 20 Deco, 43 Miroslav Stoch, 18 Ricardo Quaresma

Villa are expected to line-up in the following 4-4-2 formation:

Friedel; Cuéllar, Knight, Davies, L Young; Milner, Petrov, Barry ©, A Young; Agbonlahor, Heskey.

Substitutes Guzan, Shorey, Gardner, Sidwell, Delfounesco, Harewood, Carew.

The referee is Mark Halsey.

Edited by chelsea blue

Guys

New Manager, New Dawn

we WILL spank Villa today (by at least 3 goals)

we WILL show fergie that to write us off was a BIG mistake

and we WILL carry this momentum on into next week and for the rest of the season

my prediction

Villa 0-3 Chelsea

goals from Lampard, Drogba (x2)

CONFIRMED TEAM NEWS

Aston Villa: Friedel, Cuellar, Davies, Knight, Luke Young, Milner, Petrov, Barry, Ashley Young, Heskey, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Guzan, Sidwell, Carew, Delfouneso, Salifou, Shorey, Gardner.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Ferreira, Mikel, Ballack, Lampard, Kalou, Anelka, Drogba.

Subs: Hilario, Ivanovic, Quaresma, Deco, Belletti, Mancienne, Stoch.

Referee: Mark Halsey (Lancashire)