Chelsea Vs Sunderland

BlueLion.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the commentator said "Not impressive, but efficient Chelsea side". Damn right - efficiency over anything else any time.And commentator was right again about Drogbaless Chelsea.. Not as good in attack, about 50% less dangerous without him.

Well we didn't perform very well today and it was a dire match. We controlled the game for the first half and started well, but as soon as we scored we dropped off and didn't get anywhere. Sunderland came out in the second half pumped up and controlled the pace of the game right up until we won the penalty. If we play like that against Arsenal we'll get shat on.

In fairness, 2-0 is the least we deserved. I didn't watch the game but listened to the commentary on talkSport, who are normally quite anti-Chelsea. They said throughout that we dominated for large periods of the game save for a ten minute spell where Sunderland kept the ball but failed to test Cudicini. We were desperately unlikely not to be given a first half penalty, although I believe that is partly the reason why we were given one late in the game, in my opinion. Not the greatest of performances, as all Sunderland could hope for would have been a 0-0 draw, they defended well with many people behind the ball but couldn't cope with Shevchenko today - I have to say he impressed me greatly from the commentary as he was chasing the ball all over the park. I will watch Match of the Day with greatest of interests, and write up the match report when I see some extended highlights.