test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueLion.

Chelsea Vs Sunderland

Started by BlueLion.,

82 posts in this topic
Told you it'd finish 2-0Told you Frankie would get on the score sheetTop prediction :P
How's with Jojo ? No relationship in sight ? B)

As the commentator said "Not impressive, but efficient Chelsea side". Damn right - efficiency over anything else any time.And commentator was right again about Drogbaless Chelsea.. Not as good in attack, about 50% less dangerous without him.

Well we didn't perform very well today and it was a dire match. We controlled the game for the first half and started well, but as soon as we scored we dropped off and didn't get anywhere. Sunderland came out in the second half pumped up and controlled the pace of the game right up until we won the penalty. If we play like that against Arsenal we'll get shat on.

In fairness, 2-0 is the least we deserved. I didn't watch the game but listened to the commentary on talkSport, who are normally quite anti-Chelsea. They said throughout that we dominated for large periods of the game save for a ten minute spell where Sunderland kept the ball but failed to test Cudicini. We were desperately unlikely not to be given a first half penalty, although I believe that is partly the reason why we were given one late in the game, in my opinion. Not the greatest of performances, as all Sunderland could hope for would have been a 0-0 draw, they defended well with many people behind the ball but couldn't cope with Shevchenko today - I have to say he impressed me greatly from the commentary as he was chasing the ball all over the park. I will watch Match of the Day with greatest of interests, and write up the match report when I see some extended highlights.

Another 3 points against lesser opposition but our performances seem to be getting less convincing every week. No doubts at all we'll be found out next week.

We got one more then Man scum did so woo and Frank is now on 98 goals,2 to go lol.Annoying seeing the highlights,we dont get the ball forward even when we can lol just to add to our scoreline grrr but hey Sheva scored that all that matters at the mowoooooo

I only seen the highlights of the game.....from what I saw, Sheva took his goal well. Nice to see a smile on his face.Yet again we see a style of football emulating our manager. Uninspiring :P But hey, its 3 points, I should be running naked up the street. thumbsup.gif

Oh we deserved the three points because Sunderland were awful, but we didn't play particularly well either.

This game was a tough game for us to play, Sunderland sat soo deep with so many players that it became very hard to play through. We controlled so much of the game and through most of the match the pressure was relentless, we could have scored many more and 2 - 0 is the least we deserved from that game, Sunderland were never in with a chance of taking something from the game.

It was one of those games that we were always going to have to grind out a result. The only teams that come to SB and play football are top six teams, all others sit deep and hope to hit us on the break. There is no chance of anyone getting a win at the Bridge, and they know that with our quality we will eventually break them down and get the goal. We have shown that in the last two games, whilst we might not be playing good football, we are efficient and continue to get the mecessary results.