Kamil Contofalsky

the wes

Kamil Contofalsky claims Chelsea wanted to sign him on February 2.

The Blues were in the market for a new goalkeeper following Carlo Cudicini’s move to Tottenham Hotspur, and Contofalsky claims he was their choice.

However, the Slovakian has revealed a dream deadline move to Stamford Bridge fell through, and he remains with Zenit St Petersburg.

"Unfortunately, the transfer fell through," he told Korzar. "I don't know the exact reason why it has. It seemed that I would fly to England on the transfer deadline day. However, it did not turn out that way.

"My agent called me to tell that the deal was practically done but, eventually, I did not go there. I had been prepared to move. Anyway, I am not at Chelsea and I have not been looking for the reason why it is as it is. It is not worth it.

"A week ahead of the proposed transfer my agents were telling me about it, but I did not believe much it might go through. When I was flying home from Dubai and was in Frankfurt, my agent called me that everything was heading towards my move to Chelsea and that we would fly into London on Sunday.

"We were waiting yet for a call from Chelsea's chief executive Peter Kenyon to confirm that. However, he did not call as they have decided not to sign any other goalkeeper, keeping Hilario as number two."

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You