riks12

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me, 43... Quite alot of bob there... I think we should spend it on Other things, maybe a FEW young class players, and maybe Tevez.

We need a cutting edge in attack, and to get that we'll probably have to pay top money for someone like Ribery. At 26 he's still to peak, so we could get a good few years out of him.

Essien, Lampard, Ribery, Joe Cole, Anelka, Drogba..........are you drooling yet ? :D

43million is a bit crazy for him. He has not even peaked. And why pay such a high sum for someone who hasnt even peaked.

Even if we did spend that amount, if we decided to sell him in 2/3 years we would recoup the majority of that fee.

Sheva is the prime example of paying over the odds for a player near the end of his playing career and we could end up selling him for buttons. Ribery still has the potential to improve. I know what option i'd rather take.

That's true, but he could potentially be another Sheva, he was benched and we kinda made him go down the shitter, Plus, we'd have to drop a curent midfielder, Maybe Mikel? Wouldn't really want to see him benched all the time.

Even if we did spend that amount, if we decided to sell him in 2/3 years we would recoup the majority of that fee.

Sheva is the prime example of paying over the odds for a player near the end of his playing career and we could end up selling him for buttons. Ribery still has the potential to improve. I know what option i'd rather take.

He is 26. You buy him for 43 million, If you want to sell him after 3 seasons, he would be 29. Now I dont think anyone would pay us more than 15 million. The fact that we would e selling him after 3 seasons would mean that he would be a 43 million Flop.

That's true, but he could potentially be another Sheva, he was benched and we kinda made him go down the shitter, Plus, we'd have to drop a curent midfielder, Maybe Mikel? Wouldn't really want to see him benched all the time.

Ribery would play on the wing in place of Malouda.

I feel Ribery is a bit overated. I mean, he is very good but he is being considered in the same league as Kaka, Messi and Ronaldo which he certainly is not. That 43 million pound price tag is over the top.

Ribery was Class during the 2006 WC but after that he has been decent. He had a forgettable EURO 08 and his performances in Europe have not been smashing although in bundesliga he has been great. But thats bundesliga.

So I wonder why he has been tagged 43 million. And he is 26 not even very young. Which means for a 43million player he has no time to adjust in the premier league.

Id rather we go with Zirkov.

he is a great player, the things he does for bayern is crazy whether it be in europe or league, he is class 43 ml may be over the top but your not going to get him for less thats just the market these days. im sick of hearing he may be another shevchenko to every player, god yes he may be a flop but thats a possibility with any player you buy.

great players can play in any league.

Edited by SempreJuve

According to various reports in the British press, Premier League giants Chelsea are locked in advanced talks for Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery.

Apparently, the Blues have tabled an offer in the region of €50 million (£43.7m) for the 26-year-old, which, according to The Sun, has been accepted.

It is thought that the biggest potential stumbling block at present is the France international's wage demands - Ribery is said to be asking for approximately €144,000-a-week (£125,000), while the Blues are reluctant to offer more than €103,600-a-week (£90,000).

The news comes after Tuesday's revelations that Milan head coach Carlo Ancelotti had held secret meetings with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich and recommended he sign the former Marseille star, as well as Liverpool's Xabi Alonso.

Manchester United have also been linked with the versatile forward, and it was claimed that they had a bid of €70m (£62.5m) rejected by Bayern.

Ricky Brooks, Goal.com

Bayern Munich have denied receiving a £40million-plus bid from Chelsea for Franck Ribery.

The French midfielder is being tracked by almost all of Europe's elite, and in recent weeks Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid are all reported to have made contact with Bayern.

Now reports in England have suggested that Chelsea have leapt to the front of the queue for his signature after lodging a bid of over £40million.

Bayern have stated that they want to keep Ribery, although that has not stopped the speculation about his future.

In response to the reports of Chelsea's bid, Bayern have stressed that they are without substance.

"This story is completely untrue," Bayern media officer Markus Horwick told Deutsche Presseagentur:

"Franck Ribery remains not for sale."

just seen this.

Cant see this rumour being true.

Bayern Munich star Frank Ribery is set to join Chelsea in the summer after terms were agreed for the French winger to sign in the Summer, according to The Sun.

The two clubs are believed to have already agreed the fee and Blues are now thrashing out terms with the 26-year-old French international midfielder.

Ribery is holding out for a bumper £125,000-a-week salary after tax but Chelsea are reluctant to offer more than £90,000 a week.

The news will come as a bitter blow to rivals manchester United, who have long wanted the Frenchman as a potential replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo. And, after defeat to Barcelona in the Champions League final, the Portuguese star has admitted that he doesn't know which club he will be at next season.

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/F...1674971,00.html

Ribery is holding out for a bumper £125,000-a-week salary after tax but Chelsea are reluctant to offer more than £90,000 a week.

£125,000 pw after tax :lol: Given the governments new tax rates we would have to be paying him £250,000 pw which is not going to happen. Actually the new government tax rate will probably put off a lot of potential players, although i believe there are ways around it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You