Ashley Young

Matterz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately a cracking player and i certainly would be upset if we did end up spending £25m to buy him. One thing i would say though is that with us supposedly still after a big name player, i couldn't see us signing Young and big star player. Not because of the money but because i would think they would be playing in the same position.

The star signing will probs be a young striker.

Villa's Young would spurn Chelsea for Man Utd move

17.07.09 | Ian Ferris

Goal.com is reporting that Aston Villa's Ashley Young would prefer a move to reigning champions Manchester United and not Chelsea.

Chelsea have made a reported enquiry for the £25 million rated winger, but if United were to enter into negotiations for the 24-year-old, Goal.com claims that the player would prefer a move to Old Trafford.

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has stated that the club have not received any bids for winger Ashley Young.

Reports have suggested the gifted England international could secure a summer transfer away from Villa Park.spacer.gif

Chelsea are one of a number of sides that have been credited with an interest in the Young Player of the Year.

However, O'Neill has rejected the rumours outright while insisting that any approach would be turned down.

O'Neill said: "There have been a lot of stories about Ashley - and that's what they are - stories.

"The last time I spoke to Ashley and his agent none of this was at the forefront.

Skills

"I read every single day these articles about different clubs coming in for him, with swap deals mentioned. It's just pure conjecture.

"No-one has come in and asked us about Ashley Youngspacer.gif and I have got to tell you, if they did they would get short shrift.

"I believe he can reach for the stars here. This football club has been fantastic for him because we have given him this platform to display his skills, excite the crowd and play the sort of football that he is doing.

"I suppose it's flattering that he's being linked because it shows how far he has come at this club. Saying that, I do get bored with all the stories in reality."

I don't agree....I belive that Young is a lot better for Premier Leugge...

Well Zhirkov hasny even played a game for Chelsea yet, let alone the EPL, so I dont think you can really warrant what you are saying. Why would we want 3 left wingers anyway?

I dont think we need him, and he's not quite the marquee signing people like us Chelsea fans and John Terry would like to see. However he IS a good player, and can play down EITHER wing.

I personally think Young would be a fantastic player for Chelsea and exactly what we are looking for. Only problem would be that if this was to happen I fear that we would loose Joe Cole which would be a loss for Chelsea, especially if he were to go to one of our main rivals such as Liverpool or the Spuds.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You