Paulo Ferreira

Kieran.

I think that he´s still here to settle all the portugeezers and brazilians in. Sometimes that is more important - helping younger players getting settled and making them feel like having someone to talk to. I think that is worth 80k a week. Better than getting rid off and having distressed new footballers who feel isolated and alone.

...You can't be serious.

I think that he´s still here to settle all the portugeezers and brazilians in. Sometimes that is more important - helping younger players getting settled and making them feel like having someone to talk to. I think that is worth 80k a week. Better than getting rid off and having distressed new footballers who feel isolated and alone.

Then maybe it's time we give him a position in our coaching staff so he can make room for another player on the team.

of course it sounds redicolous, but i think that we should be more careful in how we think towards our players and club politics.

It is not that easy that you just axe a player no matter what.

Coaching staff sounds like a reasonable idea, but i think we still could do with him in our squad.

There always has to be something to complain about.

Poor Paulo, what a faithful servant to the club he has been.

Can't we go back to bashing Torres again, at least he deserves it.

In the end, the players will ask to board to keep poor Salomon so that the fans don't pick a new victim :D

Oh and poor Nando isn't bad, it is just that he doesn't get enough time and ball service :toke:

There always has to be something to complain about.

Poor Paulo, what a faithful servant to the club he has been.

Can't we go back to bashing Torres again, at least he deserves it.

It's the "poor faithful servant" sentiment that is being challenged. Not without reason, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see something like:

Ferreira-----Luiz-------JT-----Cole

For the next game. AVB said that players who perform in games and in training are more likely to get a chance, and I hope he sticks with his word. Just because of his age does not mean he shouldn't play.

when Paolo came on Bale vanished ,,,,

The same happened last season but no-one even stopped to congratulate him...

A proper professional, hasn't played for months but he comes on and plays like that - that will shut the haters up for another month. I don't see why he's being attacked, he's a good squad player to have.

With the 3 games in 8 days coming up, Paulo has to be used in atleast one of them.

I said in the Spurs V Chelsea match thread he would start as he could handle Bale and Bosingwa can't and i was right. I think people remember the April 2010 WHL game too much when Paulo did get slaughtered by Bale but since then Paulo must have assesed what he did wrong in that game because since then he has faced Bale twice and not given him a sniff, sign of a class player?