Paulo Ferreira

Kieran.

That's the difference between him and Malouda for me, in terms of attitude and professionalism. Everyone actually respects him. I'm sure he helps out a lot behind the scenes with the young players and the foreign lads. Never complained or had a bad word to say about anyone. Did a thoroughly professional job on the pitch whenever asked. Genuine, top class guy. Thanks for everything Paulo!

That's the difference between him and Malouda for me, in terms of attitude and professionalism. Everyone actually respects him. I'm sure he helps out a lot behind the scenes with the young players and the foreign lads. Never complained or had a bad word to say about anyone. Did a thoroughly professional job on the pitch whenever asked. Genuine, top class guy. Thanks for everything Paulo!

He helps around in training and does a lot behind the scenes. Most of our new signings, like Torres, Luiz, Marin, Mata (Luiz even said that Paulo is the most amazing person he has ever met) have come out and said that they have learned a lot from him. Which is why I can only see him taking up a coaching position if he decides to hang up his boots.

Kind of hoping he retires after today and takes a role in the coaching team. Would be ideal, he certainly knows Mourinho and he's on great terms with everyone in the team, including those who have joined after Jose left in 07.

An amazing human being and a great servant for Chelsea FC, thanks for everything Paulo Ferreira!

A true professional. Amazing to think how many years he has been here, in the background, watching all these players come in and also taking over his place. His work for the club will never been forgotten, always stepped up when needed, probably making life much easier for all the brazilians and the portugeezers who came in over the last seasons.

Brings a tear to my eye that he´ll be gone. Hopefully he stays with the Chels´. Him, Terry and Carvalho brought the consistency we needed in the back four...oh dear...how hard will it be to see all the boys (the old guard) gone at some point... :cry:

He was a very important player in jose's first season, reliable & consistent & played a very big role in the title win. Always loved Paulo & will be very sad to see him go, he's been a fantastic servant to the club.

Thank you Paulo. End of an era at Chelsea, old guard slowly moving on.

Watching Paulo's speech brought tears to my eyes for the second time this week. A true professional who made his mark at Chelsea not only as a great footballer but as an absolute gentleman that he is. Young players that join us should look up to him just like they do with the likes of Lampard, Drogba etc.

This might be slightly off-topic but I feel like writing it somewhere down. We're getting closer to the end of the old guard, aren't we? And it's more obvious and hurting than ever. With Paulo leaving who's still left from the old (Mourinho) days? Cech, Lamps, Terry, Cole, Mikel and Essien, right?! It's unbelievable how fast time flies, really. And there's nothing we can do about it. I know everyone's looking forward to the new generation at this football club (I do too) but there's something inside me dying nonetheless. I'm emotional seeing "just" Paulo saying good bye, I don't even wanna think about how I'll feel about Lamps retiring.

Just thinking about not seeing our three legends in Cech, Terry and Lamps in a few years time brings tears to my eyes. Essien and Cole are brilliant players as well. If Mikel leaves, I wouldn't mind.

As for Paulo, what a class player on and off the pitch. Would love to see him as a coach someday.