Paulo Ferreira

Kieran.

Word on the street is that Paulo has been AVB'd.

Sack the one responsible for this, whoever that may be (surely not Robbie?). You don't fuck with Paulo.

So hes been frozen out apparently, makes me wonder did AVB really do that to the oldies last season or was it the higher powers? Strange.... I thought it was AVB but now that Flo and possibly Paulo are being frozen out then it makes me wonder :(

• 1 month later...

Just noticed Paulo dosent have a player profile on here, yet some of the newer signings do,

Anyone eles think this should change? he's been an outstanding servant to this club and has always taken the hand he's been dealt and never had a word to complain from 1st team start to squad player he's always stepped up when needed!

Get him a profile so everyone can know what he's done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Loved how he came on tonight, He always has a smile on his face. He did a step over, and the whole stadium cheered. That made my laugh, Good old Paulo! Proper servant to the club. Loyal as you can get!

• 3 weeks later...

Paulo has always been one of my favourites. I do love seeing him get minutes, but maybe those minutes would be more suited towards a youngster?

He was such a rock for his first few seasons, it's such a shame he got injured so often.

His trophy cabinent, is very large, I've just noticed. He has won everything in Portugal and England plus two Champions Leagues and one Europa League.

Paulo is such a great guy.He never complains when he doesnt play,he just gets on with it.Trains so hard everyday and is a brilliant influence on young people coming through. So loyal to the club ! :)

The irony is, he'll probably keep getting offered new contracts..

I love the fact that Ferreira is still around. To me, it proves that the club is not all about business and making profit yet. I think Paulo is integral to helping the new and young players, who could learn a lot from him. He can also still put in an excellent shift when asked to. I know I'm about to go into a debate that I am likely to lose because the reasons for Paulo to stay are more sentimental than logical, but I am glad the club realizes his importance and keep giving him contracts.

I love the fact that Ferreira is still around. To me, it proves that the club is not all about business and making profit yet. I think Paulo is integral to helping the new and young players, who could learn a lot from him. He can also still put in an excellent shift when asked to. I know I'm about to go into a debate that I am likely to lose because the reasons for Paulo to stay are more sentimental than logical, but I am glad the club realizes his importance and keep giving him contracts.

If he was at the club as a coach or ambassador that would be fine and I'd have no problem with it. But he's on a player contract, is there actually any point?