Sergio Aguero joins the other Manchester club

.Cee

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we would switch to 4-4-2.

the problem is we need a trequartista to successfully run that formation, we currently don't have anyone on the squad who could play in the hole.

Whos to say that we would play a 4-3-3 if we signed Aguero? We could easily switch to a 4-1-3-2, 4-4-2, 4-1-2-1-2, or 4-4-1-1.

If you are going to play two strikers upfront then why not play Sturridge?

Aguero's buyout = 45million

If that clause is met (as expected) that means that there wont be a bidding war for the player to get the permission of Atletico. So it comes down to contract offers, where I believe we could lure Sergio much better than Man City. Besides, who ever said that Aguero even wants to play in City? He hasnt said anything of the sort, while expressing interest in our club on several occasions. I believe that if he has 2 good offers sitting infront of him, one of Chelsea and one of City, he would chose us. Now the only question is, does the club want him?

I hate the fact that people here are already assuming that we will be playing a 4-3-3 and that there wouldnt be a place for Aguero in the formation. First off, nobody knows what AVB will be playing next season, he has changed the formation every half this preseason. Also, Barca play a 4-3-3 and Messi does just fine on the wide.

Aguero's buyout = 45million

If that clause is met (as expected) that means that there wont be a bidding war for the player to get the permission of Atletico. So it comes down to contract offers, where I believe we could lure Sergio much better than Man City. Besides, who ever said that Aguero even wants to play in City? He hasnt said anything of the sort, while expressing interest in our club on several occasions. I believe that if he has 2 good offers sitting infront of him, one of Chelsea and one of City, he would chose us. Now the only question is, does the club want him?

I hate the fact that people here are already assuming that we will be playing a 4-3-3 and that there wouldnt be a place for Aguero in the formation. First off, nobody knows what AVB will be playing next season, he has changed the formation every half this preseason. Also, Barca play a 4-3-3 and Messi does just fine on the wide.

Uhm not surprising as he started his career as a wide player and played out wide till '09/10.

And people assuming we'll play 4-3-3 is only logical as it's the formation that fits this squad the best and:

AVB said:

'We went into both halves with a 4-3-3 formation, which is what we have been working on in the last 10 days, and for sure we will be forwarding on from that into other structures.

So he did not change his formation every half this pre-season.

We may have made a deal with Atletico that we get first dibs or a gentlemans agreement that they don't sell him to a premier league club.

Since When ?

we need to forget about Aguero , we should have signed him a long time ago but didn't , city have him now as we wont be able to match their wage offer.

Since When ?

we need to forget about Aguero , we should have signed him a long time ago but didn't , city have him now as we wont be able to match their wage offer.

I think you have it exactly right ...think he will be a citeh player before this time next week

We may have made a deal with Atletico that we get first dibs or a gentlemans agreement that they don't sell him to a premier league club.

Don't think we've ever had the right to first refusal with Athletico , for all the years we've supposedly been chasing him . I'm fairly certain bids have been made but kept on the down low , like the Mario Gomez bid in Jan which nobody saw coming or knew about . Besides , its a different scenario now , Athletico aren't the ones doing the selling , Aguero has basically driven to the market on his own . His release clause doesn't hold outside Spain so its a question of the highest bidder and the best terms etc etc .

For my money , he's bound to City unless we make a strong offer.

Lol anyone noticed, everytime a club is interested in a player or a player is a target, Man City are there to, seriously if all the clubs accepted all of man citys bids, they would have all the players in the world right now.