Sergio Aguero joins the other Manchester club

.Cee

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this listed as done deal? Not done yet is it?

It was locked, most probably due to the fact that a deal was purportedly imminent. Hopefully this unlocking is signaling a change in that though. Today VIllas-Boas said:

"We have plenty of availability in terms of forwards who can play in different positions - with Anelka, with Kalou, Didier, Torres and Sturridge.

"This is the reality at the moment of our squad. We need to find the correct balance and this is why pre-season is important.

"On that decision, to bring in another forward, at the moment I don't think we will."

I think that was in answer to a question on Lukaku, possibly a double-bluff for his price-tag to be lowered I don't know. But he is right, unless we sell one (mabye Kalou or Anelka, or both) or even loan one out it's frustratingly unlikely that Boas is bluffing. I know we do have a lot of strikers but both Drogba and Anelka are in their 30s and Kalou is... well Kalou (Not that he hasn't improved). Quite frankly an Aguero doesn't become available everyday and of all our targets, bar Modric, he would (imo) fit in very easily. I don't want to lose him to City, only to see them avail a Balotelli, Aguero and Silva front-line to terrorize us in the future. Besides what if Tevez does stay, or even leave for that matter. Man City certainly have a lot of forwards, and their not on the wrong side of their footballing age, unlike 2 of ours. Despite Aguero reportedly saying he would like a move to City if a bid is formally placed, I still maintain that if we come knocking their is no doubt in my mind that we would take full precedent. But it all hinges on if we make a move.

It was locked, most probably due to the fact that a deal was purportedly imminent. Hopefully this unlocking is signaling a change in that though.

lol

The mods have sources that say something we dont know.

Actually it was locked because it seems he is going to City, then someone got angry and closed the topic. biggrin.gif

Don't forget - HG rules dictate we need to sell first if we want to sign non-HG players above the age of 21.

Steps forward Kalou *jokes*:rolleyes: He has shown potential as a cameraman latley though. And there must me some other connotations to that rule surely, don't remember selling for every non HG player we've brought over 21.

Guest justin_3d

sigh, and it is this what i been trying to say all along, why we don't need Aguero and City does.

We are not selling Anelka, and Drogba now. With Torres, Sturridge and Kalou also in the team people are ridicules to ask for another striker.

We have no idea if we are selling. While City does.

Guest justin_3d

There's no quotes in that article :whistling:

Yeah but a lot of people say Skysports is a very reliable source even if it doesn't have quotes.