Robinho

the wes

Don't think he would suit the premiership.

Rubbish. You are either a good player or a bad player........ there is no such thing as a player only suited to the Premiership, or La Liga or Siere A. He is a great player and would be an ideal winger for us.

Would be my number 1 choice signing this summer....

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubbish. You are either a good player or a bad player........ there is no such thing as a player only suited to the Premiership, or La Liga or Siere A. He is a great player and would be an ideal winger for us.

So Sheva's always been a bad player?

I personally think the Premiership would be too tough for him. He appears very lightweight.

So Sheva's always been a bad player?

I personally think the Premiership would be too tough for him. He appears very lightweight.

It's not the Premiership that is the issue for Sheva, it was more of a case of losing some of his pace and more impotantly playing in a different system with different types of players.

There are not exactly many rugged wingers out their, our 2 best wingers in recent years would be called lightweight but they managed to still tear defences apart!

The premiership is a fast and rough league.

I reckon the defenders would knock him about a bit, the English league is different to other leagues

The premiership is a fast and rough league.

I reckon the defenders would knock him about a bit, the English league is different to other leagues

It's not quite like that anymore though, football in this country is being pushed to be more pleasing on the eye. More protection is given to players now and also skillful players are encouraged to perform. Look at Arsenal, not exactly a physical side by any means but they are still able to outplay their oppenents.

With the mentality that any creative player would not cut it in the Premier League we will never be able to produce the attacking football everyone wants to see.

Robinho i am sure, especially considering he is a Brazilian international, would be able to perform in the Premier League and do it exceptionally well.

Lets just hope we get the chance to find out. Or we could be stuck with Malouda and SWP on the wings still, but at least they can hande the physical nature of the Premier League :whistling:

Lets just hope we get the chance to find out. Or we could be stuck with Malouda and SWP on the wings still, but at least they can hande the physical nature of the Premier League :whistling:

Oh god that doesnt bear thinking about.

I'd take Robinho over both of them anyday. Every player should be given a chance to prove themselves

Oh god that doesnt bear thinking about.

I'd take Robinho over both of them anyday. Every player should be given a chance to prove themselves

Lol, the wingers is one position where we seriosuly need to invest in some big talent. For me Robinho would be a fantastic purchase. Only time will tell though.

The only player we have that looks confident in that position is Joe Cole, Kalou has his days.

I do personally believe we have never replace Robben & Duff properly.

Just thinking back to the times when we used to frighten teams with pace on the wings. "flying wings" as they like to call it.

If we could bring in a bit of skill in a player that can take players on and is comfortable doing that then maybe Robinho is the way to go.

The only player we have that looks confident in that position is Joe Cole, Kalou has his days.

I do personally believe we have never replace Robben & Duff properly.

Just thinking back to the times when we used to frighten teams with pace on the wings. "flying wings" as they like to call it.

If we could bring in a bit of skill in a player that can take players on and is comfortable doing that then maybe Robinho is the way to go.

You are right, we have never properly replaced Robben and Duff. Kalou for me still has potential, and i think can be moulded still into a top class winger, his assists and goals stats are pretty impressive, he just needs to be more consistant. Joe is great on the wings, but not so much in the direct way i think we need to see.

I would sell Malouda and Wright-Phillips, stick with Cole and Kalou and bring in 2 new wingers who can get the pulses racing again. My pick right now given ability and the actual potential in the transfer happening - Robinho and Ronaldinho.

Kalou is a fantastic player for his age and give a couple of years i think he will be playing consistenly well.

We need to bring some pace back to the squad.

The one winger i would love to see us sign is Quaresma

Kalou is a fantastic player for his age and give a couple of years i think he will be playing consistenly well.

We need to bring some pace back to the squad.

The one winger i would love to see us sign is Quaresma

Quaresma would be another good addition, my only worry is too many Portugese players. Hilario, Carvalho, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Deco already.....

^^ Scolari being Brazilian and former Portugal boss, I think they would love playing for Chelsea with him as gaffer!

Both Robinho and Quaresma would be awesome, I think people would have said that Cristiano wouldn't have "suited" the Premiership and look at him now!

Bring on the new season! blue%20scalf.gif

Robinho is mustard anyone doubting his strength - the man was bought up in Brazil, Look at his videos in his Santos days and tell me he's not strong. Doesnt do bad in la liga skinning up Puyol and the like

Quaresma would be another good addition, my only worry is too many Portugese players. Hilario, Carvalho, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Deco already.....

Why is it a worry? As long as it helps us win something , not an issue.

More news on this transfer today, that we may use Drogba as part of a deal to sign Robinho from Madrid. Also Robinho has been quoted somewhere as saying that at the moment if he was asked where he would like to be playing next season he would say Chelsea....

There isn't much being said if the signing f Ronaldo for Madrid is a requirement for this transfer to go ahead. You would like to think it isn't and that we can tie this deal up as soon as possible.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You