Manchester United vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Manchester United vs Chelsea

Premier League, 11 January 09, 1600 KO, Old Trafford.

tevez_365333a.jpg

Carlos Tevez scores in United's 2-0 victory over Chelsea last season, in what was Avram Grant's first game as manager.

Manchester United host Chelsea at Old Trafford, in one of the biggest games of the season so far.

The Red Devils have caught up with Chelsea and are now just four points behind the Blues with two games in hand, and should Sir Alex Ferguson's side claim all three points, they will be in the perfect position to take second position behind leaders Liverpool.

Chelsea, however, have been excellent on the road, claiming 26 points from a possible 30 away from Stamford Bridge, and are unbeaten in seven matches in all competitions following their 1-1 draw with Southend.

Can the Blues avenge their defeat last season and claim a mental advantage over their deadly rivals, or will Ferguson out-wit Scolari?

Match chat here :blue scalf:

Statistics

Chelsea

Games Played - 20
Won - 12
Drew - 6
Lost - 2
Goals Scored - 40
Goals Conceded - 9
Top Scorer - Nicolas Anelka, 14 Premier League Goals

Manchester United

Games Played - 18
Won - 11
Drew - 5
Lost - 2
Goals Scored - 29
Goals Conceded - 10
Top Scorer - Cristiano Ronaldo, 8 Premier League Goals

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly...2-1 Man you..if we play like today we might not even get the one.

We've been crap and they havent and cant see us getting anything out of it..be nice to but cant see it

And if we concede from another fucking set piece!!Bleh!!!

Yea i think we have possibility to win if Scolari do right rotation blue%20scalf.gif

Our advantages - Ballack, J.Cole, Drogba, Carvalho are back, Terry will play on that game,

so -

------------------ Drogba ----------------------

---- Kalou---- Lampard ---- Ballack --- J.Cole----

-------------------- Mikel ----------------------

---- A.Cole --- Terry --- Carvalho --- Bosingwa---

Bosingwa can handle his country mate Ronaldo, Mikel is playing well so he will good for clearing, Terry and Carvalho are best defenders we have also Manu has done many lucky games last few games, goals were only little touching on the ball, if we catch Berbatov and Tevez closly it is not so big fear and they have some porblems on midfield Scoles just back and didn't get his form, right and left back defenders didn't play last couple games. So we have a chance i think, if wouldn't loose a goal like Park last game :P

Also we are playing good for away games :)

Edited by Tulga

If anything i think we can get a draw. I really think a win is out of the question, not playing good enough football to knock manu off... i just hope chels can start to peak towards january when we come up against juve.

Yea i think we have possibility to win if Scolari do right rotation blue%20scalf.gif

Our advantages - Ballack, J.Cole, Drogba, Carvalho are back, Terry will play on that game,

so -

------------------ Drogba ----------------------

---- Kalou---- Lampard ---- Ballack --- J.Cole----

-------------------- Mikel ----------------------

---- A.Cole --- Terry --- Carvalho --- Bosingwa---

Bosingwa can handle his country mate Ronaldo, Mikel is playing well so he will good for clearing, Terry and Carvalho are best defenders we have also Manu has done many lucky games last few games, goals were only little touching on the ball, if we catch Berbatov and Tevez closly it is not so big fear and they have some porblems on midfield Scoles just back and didn't get his form, right and left back defenders didn't play last couple games. So we have a chance i think, if wouldn't loose a goal like Park last game :P

Also we are playing good for away games :)

I agree with the team selection, add in a goalkeeper and we've got half a chance :D

Yea i am really tired of useless passes of Deco and useless touches and shooting of Anelka! If we let one of them to play he would make that match worse!

and of course Cech! Sorry :D

Least with this one we dont expect/dont think anyone expects us to win so wont be to shocked if we dont.But a good effort be nice.

And dont think we're gana get many decisions so prob have to be careful at that..mean they get pens when the ball hits the head so.

'we're not just underdogs we are as you say big underdogs' :P

(to much sugar hehe)

Edited by Laylabelle